Danny Roddy - "Ray Peat Inspired Nutrition - Everyday Milk"

"But... how do I drink it? Can you make a video showing how you ingest liquid with your mouth cavity?"

narouz

Such_Saturation said:
"But... how do I drink it? Can you make a video showing how you ingest liquid with your mouth cavity?"

"The true method of knowledge is experiment."--W. Blake
"When we find an answer to a question, we are changed." --Dr. P

OP
4peatssake

4peatssake

Such_Saturation said:
haha Such - I don't think he's "preaching" to the choir. :P
Perhaps rather, he's laying a few breadcrumbs for unsuspecting seekers of good health to "follow". ;)

I think Danny Roddy is quite brave to put out a video with so much sugar and dairy in it. In 2015. Some "paleos" will probably get PTSD from watching it. And we all know paleos have good lawyers...

OP
4peatssake

4peatssake

Such_Saturation said:
I think Danny Roddy is quite brave to put out a video with so much sugar and dairy in it. In 2015. Some "paleos" will probably get PTSD from watching it. And we all know paleos have good lawyers...
Laughing-2.gif

I love Danny's video editing.

To those who get annoyed at me for pointing this out, I ask you, why so annoyed...when all I'm doing is quoting Ray Peat? :) It is not I, who uttered such words...

The Peat quote that Danny put in at 19 seconds:

"Milk with reduced fat content is required by US law to have vitamins D and A added. The vehicle used in the vitamin preparation, and the industrial contaminants in the “pure” vitamins themselves, are possible sources of allergens in commercial milk, so whole milk is the most likely to be free of allergens." - RP

When Ray says "whole milk is the most likely to be free of allergens," he's taking about traditional whole milk in glass bottles that has cream on top, un-homogenized, in which the cream can be skimmed off. Regular whole milk still has additives like vitamin D. Ray did comment once about how just a small amount of the added vitamins gave him headaches in the past, and he drinks low fat milk, so I'm not sure as to what brand he gets that is low fat and doesn't have added vitamins. If he has access to a 1% milk that has no added vitamins then that is awesome.

My fear with Danny's video, is that people will walk away thinking that Peat is very pro-whole milk, like lumping him together with the Weston Price crowd (something that is becoming more common, as you seen with the recent "chicken stock" posts), when in reality he's said:

"I’ve mentioned at times I’ve averaged over the years probably a gallon of milk a day but that’s always been 1% milk because even at 2 quarts of milk, a person doesn’t want to have whole milk at 3 or 4% fat." - RP

Josh Rubin then says: "What’s interesting is when you say those things, I don’t think you realize the repercussions. You have all these people walking around trying to drink gallons of milk but they’re drinking whole milk and their like “Why am I gaining so much weight…(Peat and Josh laughing) That clip can be heard here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7204&p=89863#p89863

"For people who aren't very active, low fat milk and cheese are better, because the extra fat calories aren't needed." - RP

"The fats in meat and cheese can be minimized by choosing low fat types, and skimmed or 1% milk can be used." - RP

"but the first thing should be to make sure her calcium to phosphorus ratio is good, by having two quarts of low fat milk per day, or the equivalent in low fat cheese, with no grains, legumes, nuts, or muscle meats, and with some well cooked greens regularly." - RP

"For people who don't do hard physical labor, low-fat milk is appropriate." - RP

“I have heard from several people that they think I recommend drinking whole milk, which I don't, because the amount of fat in whole milk is very likely to be fattening when a person is using it to get the needed protein and calcium. When a person wants to lose excess fat, limiting the diet to low fat milk, eggs, orange juice, and a daily carrot or two, will provide the essential nutrients without excess calories.” - RP

Hello my fellow Italian cannellini bean eater (jk). :salute (apparently I'm italian, irish, french, scottish, and polish, but how do imaginary lines drawn on land (countries) affect my DNA?) Glycogenica S is my new YT comment account. :mrgreen:

johns74

If one could sort average contribution per post, where would Such_Saturation's posts be?

johns74 said:
If one could sort average contribution per post, where would Such_Saturation's posts be?

Probably causing trouble in the "average contribution per post" thread.

johns74 said:

S_S the Kasra of Ray Peat Forum in that regard?

On a side note, he lives in Italy, his abbreviation is SS, he looks like a rocker dude, he's white...

Mussolini, an SS solider?

No wonder he likes saturated WHITE fat! Cream is white, coconut oil is white, beef tallow is white, heck, even chocolate fat (cocoa butter) is WHITE!!! :eek:

:D jk

Westside PUFAs said:
johns74 said:

S_S the Kasra of Ray Peat Forum?

Hmm...he lives in Italy, his abbreviation is SS, he looks like a rocker dude, he's white...

Mussolini, an SS solider?

No wonder he likes saturated WHITE fat! Cream is white, coconut oil is white, beef tallow is white, heck, even chocolate fat (cocoa butter) is WHITE!!! :eek:

:D jk

Nov= 11, 1*1=1, 1+26+2+0+13 = 42, 42 is the answer to life... you see it yet? :tinfoilhat :hattip keep searching.

OP
4peatssake

4peatssake

Westside PUFAs said:
I love Danny's video editing.

To those who get annoyed at me for pointing this out, I ask you, why so annoyed...when all I'm doing is quoting Ray Peat? :) It is not I, who uttered such words...

The Peat quote that Danny put in at 19 seconds:

"Milk with reduced fat content is required by US law to have vitamins D and A added. The vehicle used in the vitamin preparation, and the industrial contaminants in the “pure” vitamins themselves, are possible sources of allergens in commercial milk, so whole milk is the most likely to be free of allergens." - RP

When Ray says "whole milk is the most likely to be free of allergens," he's taking about traditional whole milk in glass bottles that has cream on top, un-homogenized, in which the cream can be skimmed off. Regular whole milk still has additives like vitamin D. Ray did comment once about how just a small amount of the added vitamins gave him headaches in the past, and he drinks low fat milk, so I'm not sure as to what brand he gets that is low fat and doesn't have added vitamins. If he has access to a 1% milk that has no added vitamins then that is awesome.

My fear with Danny's video, is that people will walk away thinking that Peat is very pro-whole milk, like lumping him together with the Weston Price crowd (something that is becoming more common, as you seen with the recent "chicken stock" posts), when in reality he's said:

"I’ve mentioned at times I’ve averaged over the years probably a gallon of milk a day but that’s always been 1% milk because even at 2 quarts of milk, a person doesn’t want to have whole milk at 3 or 4% fat." - RP

Josh Rubin then says: "What’s interesting is when you say those things, I don’t think you realize the repercussions. You have all these people walking around trying to drink gallons of milk but they’re drinking whole milk and their like “Why am I gaining so much weight…(Peat and Josh laughing) That clip can be heard here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7204&p=89863#p89863

"For people who aren't very active, low fat milk and cheese are better, because the extra fat calories aren't needed." - RP

"The fats in meat and cheese can be minimized by choosing low fat types, and skimmed or 1% milk can be used." - RP

"but the first thing should be to make sure her calcium to phosphorus ratio is good, by having two quarts of low fat milk per day, or the equivalent in low fat cheese, with no grains, legumes, nuts, or muscle meats, and with some well cooked greens regularly." - RP

"For people who don't do hard physical labor, low-fat milk is appropriate." - RP

“I have heard from several people that they think I recommend drinking whole milk, which I don't, because the amount of fat in whole milk is very likely to be fattening when a person is using it to get the needed protein and calcium. When a person wants to lose excess fat, limiting the diet to low fat milk, eggs, orange juice, and a daily carrot or two, will provide the essential nutrients without excess calories.” - RP
I think these are important distinctions but I'm not as critical of Danny insofar as these little video bites may lead someone to uncovering them with a little effort.

That said, I don't disagree that it would have been more powerful using traditional, whole milk in glass bottles in the video. Not that I think most people would understand the distinction.

Regardless, you have to find what kind of milk works for you and drink that imo.

ravster02

this is why this community can be so stupid sometimes.

it's a video about drinking milk, that's all, and it's reached two pages. would've been one page but most of the posts are ***t posts from the usual commenters.

Nicholas

and yet, still, after one has consulted all of Peat's quotes with micro-precision you still have to think for yourself. i wonder why mental activity would not also be a reason for drinking whole milk? i really don't understand that quote - even being physically active.

ravster02 said:
this is why this community can be so stupid sometimes.

it's a video about drinking milk, that's all, and it's reached two pages. would've been one page but most of the posts are s*** posts from the usual commenters.

There there, ravster :caress. I know it's tough. I mean, the title of the video is"[shadow=blue]Ray Peat[/shadow] Inspired Milk" and this forum is called 'The[shadow=blue]Ray Peat[/shadow] Forum" so yes I know, it makes absolutely no sense to then quote who but [shadow=blue]Ray Peat[/shadow]...yep. :|

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals