Danny Roddy - "Ray Peat Inspired Nutrition - Carrot Salad"

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

mmartian

I remember reading that Peat said the carrot strands should be thin, like angel hair pasta, in order to have as much surface area as possible. Is that correct? Can anyone attest to thicker or thinner strands of carrot?

schultz

mmartian said:
I remember reading that Peat said the carrot strands should be thin, like angel hair pasta, in order to have as much surface area as possible. Is that correct? Can anyone attest to thicker or thinner strands of carrot?

From what I remember, Ray said that the strands should be long. He says this on one of the podcasts. He also mentioned that he was basing the long fibre strand idea off of a study he had read.

Amazoniac

spicy-pickled-cucumber-carrot-salad-2.jpg

Using one of those safety devices that come along with most mandolines nowadays..

From another link:
CarrotRibbons_thumb3.jpg

Scrumptious Company: A Book Club Birthday

Last edited:

Syncopated

People can get caught up in miniscle details.

What's really important is that you don't over chew the pulp and extract all the juice out. Getting too much beta carotene can turn you yellow if eating carrots everyday if thyroid is poor.

Grating fine then simply tasting the salt, vinegar and coconut oil before swallowing the pulp with minimal chewing is perfectly acceptable.

fathergll

I still don't understand the different between having the strains thin or think?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals