Danny Roddy - Eyes Of A Champion

DaveFoster

Let's just talk about Danny Roddy, particularly his eyes. Before I get all homosexual on you guys, (disclaimer: not that there's anything wrong with that), let me clarify.

This guy has no dark circles under his eyes, and absolutely no bags. I have seen very few people like this, and I think skin health is a great indicator of overall vitality. So, how does this happen? Personally, I've seen some improvements of these circles on a Peat diet even when not getting the best sleep. What are the causes of these dark circles, and how does a Peat diet help with this?

For my case, see here, here, here, here, and here.

Once again, no homo.

Dan W

I'd be curious to identify the mechanism too, I think the dark corners of my eyes have improved due to something Peat-ish, in spite of my near-translucent skin.

And don't worry, we all have our secret Danny Roddy scrapbooks. I'm just surprised you haven't drawn on tiny monocles like I do.

Tarmander

Have you ever noticed that when he talks like the upper half of his face doesn't move? I wonder if this has something to do it? Like no strain? Literally if you put a piece of paper over his mouth, you can't tell he's talking. No eyebrow movement, no forehead emphasis, nada.

mujuro

Don't PUFAs cause this "staining"? haidut reports a complete lack of burning or inflammation after sun exposure, after years of PUFA depletion.

Amazoniac

Speaking of homo, it seems that after adopting a better diet and lifestyle (from dropping a band), he became more grounded and less feminine, even more assertive. But part of it also has to do with the credibility of how he presents himself nowadays..

I'd like to see a before picture of his hair line, when he was in his early 20s, so we can see -- viscerally -- the improvement from Peating.

Attachments

• lowheadshot.jpg
    lowheadshot.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 2,944
cantstoppeating said:
I wish he'd post a before picture of his hair line, when he was in his early 20s, so we can see -- viscerally -- the improvement from Peating.

"I made an appointment for the nearest endocrinologist who performed blood work for testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT), whereupon obtaining the results, officially diagnosed me with what I already knew: I was losing hair from the front and top of my scalp in the typical “male pattern baldness” fashion."

Roddy, Danny (2014-01-31). Hair Like a Fox: A Bioenergetic View of Pattern Hair Loss (p. 5). The Danny Roddy Weblog, LLC. Kindle Edition.

Yea it would be cool to see. What would be even cooler though would be if he buzzed his hair down to what is commonly called a "number zero" buzzcut, and showed if his hair is "thinning" on top or on the back top, the "bald spot" top part, and to also see how it grows back when taking thyroid, eating how he eats etc.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Entropy said:
Of course, he lives for the ray peat approved lifestyle.
of-course-m-bison.jpg

Tarmander said:
Have you ever noticed that when he talks like the upper half of his face doesn't move?
I have noticed, and since upping my carbs to high levels, I feel relaxed like this most of the time.

Westside PUFAs said:
You're right. He definitely use to have dark circles before he found Peat:

And holes in his ears!
mujuro said:
Don't PUFAs cause this "staining"? haidut reports a complete lack of burning or inflammation after sun exposure, after years of PUFA depletion.
I would definitely bet a lower level of inflammation improves collagen synthesis and resistance to breakdown.

Amazoniac said:
...after adopting a better diet and lifestyle (from dropping a band), he became more grounded and less feminine, even more assertive.
Same here; despite a lower fat intake, my aggressiveness and sex drive keeps going up as long as I don't keep deploying the troops.

marcar72

I was under the impression that people with bags or darkness around there eyes are more or less running on the stress hormones instead of normal euthyroid directed metabolism... :2cents

Sheik

I saw something today that made me think of Danny Roddy.

"Learn How to Optimize, Automate, and Outsource Everything in Your Life Including Your Health"
lessdoing.com

haidut

Forum Supporter
DaveFoster said:
post 94081 Let's just talk about Danny Roddy, particularly his eyes. Before I get all homosexual on you guys, (disclaimer: not that there's anything wrong with that), let me clarify.

This guy has no dark circles under his eyes, and absolutely no bags. I have seen very few people like this, and I think skin health is a great indicator of overall vitality. So, how does this happen? Personally, I've seen some improvements of these circles on a Peat diet even when not getting the best sleep. What are the causes of these dark circles, and how does a Peat diet help with this?

Once again, no homo.

Dark circles under the eyes could have many triggers but having them chronically is indicative of food allergies, gut inflammation and hypothyroidism. Stress can also cause them but it is usually short lived.

Last edited by a moderator:

Milky

haidut said:
post 100685 Dark circles under the eyes could have many triggers but having them chronically is indicative of food allergies, gut inflammation and hypothyroidism. Stress can also cause them but it is usually short lived.

How about a red stripe under just one eye? For about a month now off and on I keep getting this red stripe in the crease under one eyelid. Not sure what it is or what's causing it, but sometimes it's more pronounced than others. I went supplement-free for a few days and it still showed up.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Milky said:
post 100686
haidut said:
post 100685 Dark circles under the eyes could have many triggers but having them chronically is indicative of food allergies, gut inflammation and hypothyroidism. Stress can also cause them but it is usually short lived.

How about a red stripe under just one eye? For about a month now off and on I keep getting this red stripe in the crease under one eyelid. Not sure what it is or what's causing it, but sometimes it's more pronounced than others. I went supplement-free for a few days and it still showed up.

Could be inflammation of the tear duct or some kind of infection like conjunctivitis. Redness indicates histamine reaction or some other kind of inflammatory process. You can try topical aspirin or niacinamide, but I would ask a doctor if it does not clear up in several weeks.

yoshiesque

yeah no homo, but i agree totally. How old is he though? Some people dont get dark circles till much later. Some I have seen dont get it at all, even in their 40s.

Having said that, I have dark circles and the wrinkle line under eyes. Anyone had any success with doing stuff for this?

NathanK

haidut said:
post 100685
DaveFoster said:
post 94081 Let's just talk about Danny Roddy, particularly his eyes. Before I get all homosexual on you guys, (disclaimer: not that there's anything wrong with that), let me clarify.

Once again, no homo.

Dark circles under the eyes could have many triggers but having them chronically is indicative of food allergies, gut inflammation and hypothyroidism. Stress can also cause them but it is usually short lived.
This, and seriously, good photography can take out anybody's dark eyes or wrinkles. Either with proper lighting or in post with photoshop. You never know what someone really looks like until the paparazzi take an unflattering picture of you walking your dog at 8am.

Personally, I think there is a high correlation with stress hormones one way or another. Mine get pronounced when I eat allergenic food, haven't slept (or well) enough, or have taken too much caffeine, which all leave me in less that optimal thyroid state.