Danny begins to stutter like Ray? What is going on?

LLight

^ What happens when you can't or rather don't think, or do any kind of processing, while assuming that you've solved all of health problems by reading a single person's work. I suppose it's explained by the age, both naïve and arrogant.
They probably don't know the whole James Gatz character: flat earther, wear only very loose clothings (fit is too stressful), wear tons of metals on him because of their conductivity, sleep without matress, think hats and glasses are stressful.

And he still managed to get a corporate job in New York 😉😉😉

This is some fine and subtle trolling.

1685181794643.jpeg

baron

^ What happens when you can't or rather don't think, or do any kind of processing, while assuming that you've solved all of health problems by reading a single person's work. I suppose it's explained by the age, both naïve and arrogant.
I have intense personal experiences of critical disease and it's connection to PUFA, I'm really not interested in studies promoting it because I see it as a completely artificial aspect of modern nutritional science forced onto the general food supply, by the fact that just eating normal unprocessed food is enough to reduce exposure and has given me vast improvements in health, from a diseased state very near death to virility

Last edited:

brightside

I have intense personal experiences of critical disease and it's connection to PUFA, I'm really not interested in studies promoting it because I see it as a completely artificial aspect of modern nutritional science forced onto the general food supply, by the fact that just eating normal unprocessed food is enough to reduce exposure and has given me vast improvements in health, from a diseased state very near death to virility
I can't find redsun or me recommending eating what the mainstream recommends( that is, your allotment of 100g of seed oils for your heart). The fact that you had improvements is great, I am glad you found healing! But it's not objective truth, nor is it a flawless experiment.

DHA is a major component of a few body tissues, namely the brain and the retina. It's unsaturation allows it to perform the functions that other fats cannot. Additionally, PUFA's initiate and resolve the inflammatory response without which you would probably eventually die. PUFA's are a part of human health.

That last sentence isn't contradictory to Peat, but what you assumed is (eating endless seed oils). Even if you eat zero PUFA's your body will still make them, because they serve a function. I wrote my comment to highlight the fact that you refuse to be open-minded enough to see that.. and you say so yourself. How is being closed minded better than the mainstream that you arguing against?

Eating 0 PUFA is neither natural, nor realistic, while eating fish, is.

brightside

They probably don't know the whole James Gatz character: flat earther, wear only very loose clothings (fit is too stressful), wear tons of metals on him because of their conductivity, sleep without matress, think hats and glasses are stressful.

And he still managed to get a corporate job in New York 😉😉😉

This is some fine and subtle trolling.

View attachment 50855
Lol. Black suits during sunny days(with sunglasses) must be an ultra negative combo, the bringers of decay

Isn't that the worst kind of trolling? Slowly dissolving any real conversation with nonsense that everyone is too lazy to verify but too convenient not to believe?

LLight

Lol. Black suits during sunny days(with sunglasses) must be an ultra negative combo, the bringers of decay
With his chad testicles completely crushed by the too fit suit 😂

Isn't that the worst kind of trolling? Slowly dissolving any real conversation with nonsense that everyone is too lazy to verify but too convenient not to believe?

I personally take it as an attack to make fun of the spirit of this forum and Ray Peat which consists in openmindedness and contrarian views.

brightside

With his chad testicles completely crushed by the too fit suit 😂.
😂

No longer can they clang across the streets of NYC.
I personally take it as an attack to make fun of the spirit of this forum and Ray Peat which consists in openmindedness and contrarian views.
Right? It’s kind of the ultimate psy-op since he loves to talk about psy-ops so much.

CJ_87

It's almost as though some of you have been swimming in that river of slime that flowed underneath New York City in Ghostbusters II.

Pure, concentrated, negative energy!

Waynish

While Gatz using another pretty man in his profile pictures to represent himself is mental, this is just as bad:
DHA is a major component of a few body tissues, namely the brain and the retina.
How do you know that? Just because you read it... With the eyes being exposed to light all of the time, in what world would supposed PUFAs sitting there all day not degrade? You cannot justify this without mental gynamastics.

brightside

While Gatz using another pretty man in his profile pictures to represent himself is mental, this is just as bad:

How do you know that? Just because you read it... With the eyes being exposed to light all of the time, in what world would supposed PUFAs sitting there all day not degrade? You cannot justify this without mental gynamastics.
Lol ok. How do we know anything? Are you telling me that I should pick and choose the scientific information that I want? I hope I don’t have to explain why that doesn’t work.

Eyes immediately hurt when they look at excessively bright light sources, especially the sun. This is an automatic mechanism to prevent excess oxidation to them assuming that the general metabolism is pumping away normally. They also restrict the amount of light that goes into them with the iris. The total amount of light that enters the eyeball is very small. Of course, the wavelength makes the biggest difference, with the shorter, higher energy ones being more damaging.

Its also not like there’s just a bubbling vat of DHA back there. There’s just enough DHA to give the photoreceptor cells their needed disk shape.

See here:
Following loss of PL-DHA, LPAAT3-knock-out mice exhibited abnormalities in the retinal layers, such as incomplete elongation of the outer segment and decreased thickness of the outer nuclear layers and impaired visual function, as well as disordered disc morphology in photoreceptor cells.

and:
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)2 plays essential roles in photoreceptor cells in acquisition of visual function. Dietary DHA modulates the maturation and survival of photoreceptor cells (1,3), and animals grown with polyunsaturated fatty acid-free diets develop abnormal electroretinograms (ERG) with decreased retinal DHA contents (4) suggesting that dietary DHA is essential for visual function. DHA is a dominant fatty acid of retinal phospholipids and affects rhodopsin content at discs, as well as photoresponses (2, 5). Many studies report the beneficial effects of DHA on visual functions (5,10); however, the molecular mechanisms and direct roles of DHA in the retina remain unknown.

There's a wide selection of antioxidants available that prevent damage from multiple angles. All parts of the eye are rich in antioxidants, although different in combinations. See here:
antioxidants-10-00089-ag.png

Also, see this interesting compilation of antioxidants in the occular surface, here. The cornea is very rich in antioxidants, mainly because it absorbs a good chunk of ultraviolet radiation. "No UVC or UVB and very little UVA (<1%) reach the retina." Also, check out Table 1.

Interestingly, DHA seems to activate cellular mechanism that actually protects the eyes from oxidative stress. Of course, an excess of DHA will overpower that, and of course there isn't any reason to feast on DHA, but it's definitely not as simple as "PUFA bad, SFA good, now be quiet."

See here:
These results show that oxidative damage induces apoptosis in retinal neurons during their early development in culture and suggest that the loss of mitochondrial membrane integrity is crucial in the apoptotic death of these cells. DHA activates intracellular mechanisms that prevent this loss and by modulating the levels of pro- and antiapoptotic proteins of the Bcl-2 family selectively protect photoreceptors from oxidative stress.

Also here:
DHA protected photoreceptors by delaying the onset of apoptosis; in addition, it advanced photoreceptor differentiation, promoting opsin expression and inducing apical differentiation in these neurons. DHA was the only fatty acid having these effects. Mitochondrial damage accompanied photoreceptor apoptosis and was markedly reduced upon DHA supplementation.

I don't know everything there is to know about DHA, and I don't claim to. I also can't verify the validity of sources used, but I am confident that things aren't that simple, and that PUFA still plays a role in human health, even if it's often perceived as negative. I'm also not saying that PUFA should be eaten as mainstream recommends, but again some seafood should be fine, especially if you enjoy it.

Brandin

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AwOrM9V3QVA&

What are your thoughts on this? The stuttering is very consistent throughout the interview. I find it quite concerning.

More deep thoughts while conversating with people and speech more and more on autopilot = higher probabillity of stuttering. I am blatantly more intelligent than when I had anorexia long ago. I never stuttered then. I stutter sometimes now. Also he have stuttered for a while now.

Also what Jonk said:
”I think he's just subconsciously copying his "mannerisms", and those kind of things can come and go pretty quickly I've noticed in both myself and others.”

I literally do that all the time. Hopefully many of you do it too. Its a good sign.

Brandin

I think he's just subconsciously copying his "mannerisms", and those kind of things can come and go pretty quickly I've noticed in both myself and others.
Yeah its normal. He have good experiences with Ray so he likes what reminds him of Ray. I do these things all the time

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Thanks for all the comments so far.

The copying of speech is quite an interesting thing. I used to stutter in the past as well, but it largely resolved for a few years, until I met and spent a lot of time with a dear friend of mine who heavily stuttered. (He stutters to this day)

I also noticed a difference in „slang“ or „accent“ when I‘m accompanied by different people. (like I tend to speak a bit different when I visit my dutch speeking family or meet up with turkish friends)

Remedy

There's such a disingenuous, subversive, sh!t sowing feel present in this thread lol, it's ridiculous.

This guy stutters! ---> Yeah, just like Ray Peat, guys Ray Peat is totally wrong I'm afraid it's over, no way around it... ---> Anyways, have you heard about DHA??? ---> Well, I follow the SCIENCE! unlike you lowly backwards conspiracy theorist members of this forum!

lol, GTFOH. This a Ray Peat forum, b!tches.

peter88

There's such a disingenuous, subversive, sh!t sowing feel present in this thread lol, it's ridiculous.

This guy stutters! ---> Yeah, just like Ray Peat, guys Ray Peat is totally wrong I'm afraid it's over, no way around it... ---> Anyways, have you heard about DHA??? ---> Well, I follow the SCIENCE! unlike you lowly backwards conspiracy theorist members of this forum!

lol, GTFOH. This a Ray Peat forum, b!tches.
Quite an overreaction considering only 1 person said it was DHA. And should nobody question why he started having a stutter when he didn’t in his videos 6 years ago? Is it a sign of good health?

should nobody question why he started having a stutter when he didn’t in his videos 6 years ago? Is it a sign of good health?
Should nobody question why there are videos of Danny stuttering from 2014 and videos without any stuttering in 2023? Is overlooking such obvious facts a sign of good health?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals