Danny begins to stutter like Ray? What is going on?

Peatress

I personally like Danny very much.

I think Danny stays very stricly to the core of Ray‘s philosophy, because he had such tremendous improvements in his health by applying it to his own life, so that he does not feel the need to change something. Maybe that‘ll change in the future, who knows!

I hope Danny finds new areas of interest and an extended field of research in the future. I think now after Ray has passed away, he is required to create own ideas/concepts, as he cannot just email Ray anymore with his questions.

I think every student of a great teacher at one point in their life, will find their own path and incorporate new knowledge with old experiences and acquire wisdom.
It hasn't even been a year since Peat diet. Dr Peat left such a wealth of information - why should Danny abandon them now especially as each passing day proves Dr Peat. right regardless of those people who insist on misrepresenting him?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

It hasn't even been a year since Peat diet. Dr Peat left such a wealth of information - why should Danny abandon them now especially as each passing day proves Dr Peat. right regardless of those people who insist on misrepresenting him?
Where have I said that he needs to abandon it? I said he should expand that field of knowledge even more. That‘s what haidut is doing in my opinion.

Peatress

Where have I said that he needs to abandon it? I said he should expand that field of knowledge even more. That‘s what haidut is doing in my opinion.
Haidut does not explicitly reference Peat all the time (he ought to) but most things he posts are related to Peat's work.

sladerunner69

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AwOrM9V3QVA&

What are your thoughts on this? The stuttering is very consistent throughout the interview. I find it quite concerning.

I've noticed this for a long time! I think it has to do with keeping a very high metabolism, drinking lots of coffee and taking lots of thyroid. I have pursued the same ideal and felt strange, not confident, a bit anxious, lackluster, non-aspirational, a bit tired, but at the same time it is also kind of a pleasant feeling, (sort of like you are giddy with excitement but to no true end). Caffeine and synthetic thyroid are mind-altering chemicals like anything else, and are capable of producing side effects with prolonged heavy usage. I would compare it to a drunkard who enjoys the effects of chronic alcohol consumption despite slurred speech, loss of motor function, that might come with prolonged use/dependence on a chemical, or a stoner who enjoys the comforting feeling of smoking weed everyday despite their chronic cough and occasional bought of paranoia.

Further, I should mention that estrogen has some important functionality in the body, and Ray and Danny both take many things to lower estrogen, and avoid many things that would contain estrogen. While I think high estrogen is a serious issue facing the broader population, it doesn't mean that no estrogen is good either. Estrogen has the general effect of "greasing the wheels", lubricating the joints and smoothing out our cognition. Many bodybuilders or women with breast cancer who take SARM's report feeling no motivation, no emotion, not being able to think clearly, depression, anhedonia, etc. I think Ray and Danny are probably experiencing a bit of that, but countering it by keeping their dopamine high through thyroid/caffeine/low serotonin, enough so that they can still function well.

Makrosky

Even if that's the case look at how fruitful the last 3 years of interviews were. I'm grateful for them.
No worries. I see that I didn't miss anything then.
I've noticed this for a long time! I think it has to do with keeping a very high metabolism, drinking lots of coffee and taking lots of thyroid. I have pursued the same ideal and felt strange, not confident, a bit anxious, lackluster, non-aspirational, a bit tired, but at the same time it is also kind of a pleasant feeling, (sort of like you are giddy with excitement but to no true end). Caffeine and synthetic thyroid are mind-altering chemicals like anything else, and are capable of producing side effects with prolonged heavy usage. I would compare it to a drunkard who enjoys the effects of chronic alcohol consumption despite slurred speech, loss of motor function, that might come with prolonged use/dependence on a chemical, or a stoner who enjoys the comforting feeling of smoking weed everyday despite their chronic cough and occasional bought of paranoia.

Further, I should mention that estrogen has some important functionality in the body, and Ray and Danny both take many things to lower estrogen, and avoid many things that would contain estrogen. While I think high estrogen is a serious issue facing the broader population, it doesn't mean that no estrogen is good either. Estrogen has the general effect of "greasing the wheels", lubricating the joints and smoothing out our cognition. Many bodybuilders or women with breast cancer who take SARM's report feeling no motivation, no emotion, not being able to think clearly, depression, anhedonia, etc. I think Ray and Danny are probably experiencing a bit of that, but countering it by keeping their dopamine high through thyroid/caffeine/low serotonin, enough so that they can still function well.
+1

sladerunner69

Biased answer, he gives off a very socially anxious, estrogenic vibe with his mannerisms. Don’t mistake me for being a hater I respect the work he’s done and it’s been helpful for me, I’m just saying what I observe.

View: https://youtu.be/0tgKX-DkEm4
even in this video from 13 years ago he is still acting like the way I described.

It is well understood in bodybuilding and hormone replacement circles that men need at least some estrogen to function normally, that estrogen "sensitizes" androgen receptors. These hormones exist in balance and Ray takes many things that suppress estrogen, so he is not going to manifest the "androgenic" male traits, for better or worse.

Hidden49

It is well understood in bodybuilding and hormone replacement circles that men need at least some estrogen to function normally, that estrogen "sensitizes" androgen receptors. These hormones exist in balance and Ray takes many things that suppress estrogen, so he is not going to manifest the "androgenic" male traits, for better or worse.
Makes sense thanks for the insight

EustaceBagge

Isn't the question how Danny Roddy talked before peating? He had his carnivore phase, transitioning phase and his current phase. For me Roddy is still Roddy.

And the people talking about how you need estrogen, trust me with natural supplementation and diet you will not crash your estrogen. Beyond the threshold for low estrogen, the optimal range is much lower than you think it is.

Even in "bodybuilding" circles, people keep their estrogen on the low side, they have testosterone levels beyond 3000ng/dl and still keep their estrogen below 100.

If thyroid medication is for correcting deficiency and not excess, how is that bad? And if caffeine is used in a way to not stimulate much adrenaline/cortisol by providing ample sugar and nutrition, how is that bad?

Lately I'm getting the impression people are just seeking validation to disprove Peat through ad hominem attacks. I guess that explains the lack of people trying to debate the science like I saw in the past, they just attack your composure now.

And if you all really doubt Roddy's current state being because of his diet regiment, why not follow it and see for yourself? Thyroid to correct deficiency, and 200-600mg of caffeine a day with a NUTRITIOUS diet. Tell me how much you "stutter". Inb4 troll posts.

sladerunner69

Isn't the question how Danny Roddy talked before peating? He had his carnivore phase, transitioning phase and his current phase. For me Roddy is still Roddy.

And the people talking about how you need estrogen, trust me with natural supplementation and diet you will not crash your estrogen. Beyond the threshold for low estrogen, the optimal range is much lower than you think it is.

Even in "bodybuilding" circles, people keep their estrogen on the low side, they have testosterone levels beyond 3000ng/dl and still keep their estrogen below 100.

If thyroid medication is for correcting deficiency and not excess, how is that bad? And if caffeine is used in a way to not stimulate much adrenaline/cortisol by providing ample sugar and nutrition, how is that bad?

Lately I'm getting the impression people are just seeking validation to disprove Peat through ad hominem attacks. I guess that explains the lack of people trying to debate the science like I saw in the past, they just attack your composure now.

And if you all really doubt Roddy's current state being because of his diet regiment, why not follow it and see for yourself? Thyroid to correct deficiency, and 200-600mg of caffeine a day with a NUTRITIOUS diet. Tell me how much you "stutter". Inb4 troll posts.

I've been following Danny for over a decade now and have noticed his stutter progressively worsen. I do not recall him having any stutter in the early days! While it may seem like an ad-hominem attack, I assure you that is not my intention. He is the best and perhaps only example we can all share of someone who has tried to follow the Peat "paradigm" completely for a long period of time, so he offers us an invaluable observation, albeit limited to just one individual, it is remarkable how both of the world's best "Peaters" have the same stutter, and a significant one at that. I only offer honest interpretation of what I think might be going on to cause this, as someone who has himself tried this diet/lifestyle for MANY years.

I do agree though that taking anti-estrogenic substances in moderate amounts is fine, and likely beneficial, and it is difficult to drop it very low. However, when you have become accustomed to taking aspirin by the gram, 4x the average thyroid dose, keeping PUFA under 5grams, 5+ cups strong coffee, vitamins E, D etc... you can very easily find yourself in low E territory. Before I started loosening on these things my Estradiol tested at 22 ng/dl and felt very off. From what I have read bodybuilders foten recommend to not let E go below 100, and ideally will only go so low if they are achieving water retention while prepping for a contest, which is apparently is the most uncomfortable two months of the routine. So to have E lower than that, even with normal T levels, is probably quite extreme!

EustaceBagge

I've been following Danny for over a decade now and have noticed his stutter progressively worsen. I do not recall him having any stutter in the early days! While it may seem like an ad-hominem attack, I assure you that is not my intention. He is the best and perhaps only example we can all share of someone who has tried to follow the Peat "paradigm" completely for a long period of time, so he offers us an invaluable observation, albeit limited to just one individual, it is remarkable how both of the world's best "Peaters" have the same stutter, and a significant one at that. I only offer honest interpretation of what I think might be going on to cause this, as someone who has himself tried this diet/lifestyle for MANY years.

I do agree though that taking anti-estrogenic substances in moderate amounts is fine, and likely beneficial, and it is difficult to drop it very low. However, when you have become accustomed to taking aspirin by the gram, 4x the average thyroid dose, keeping PUFA under 5grams, 5+ cups strong coffee, vitamins E, D etc... you can very easily find yourself in low E territory. Before I started loosening on these things my Estradiol tested at 22 ng/dl and felt very off. From what I have read bodybuilders foten recommend to not let E go below 100, and ideally will only go so low if they are achieving water retention while prepping for a contest, which is apparently is the most uncomfortable two months of the routine. So to have E lower than that, even with normal T levels, is probably quite extreme!
Bodybuilders recommend not going below 100? Your bullshitting.

22ng/dl for a natty is perfectly normal as well. Most people feel perfect around 25-30, so I don't know what your talking about here.

And nobody advices you to take 4x the avg thyroid dose, your meant to correct your temps. That is how you judge how much you need. 5 cups of coffee is very normal in scandinavian countries, or are you going to tell me a story of how they're the most unsuccessful and short, miserable people you've met now?

Dr. B

Sardines are small fish and probably have tiny amounts of mercury, just get a test every year to control. What I did stopped eating is tuna, mercury went up, but I also accidentally dropped a mercury thermometer, so not sure if it was even the fish or that. It's still below range but it went up, im going to keep eating sardines and see if mercury moves on further tests.
What is the DHA for? Is it not in grass fed whole milk fat?

JamesGatz

In someone who uses a lot of metabolic stimulants which tend to increase requirements for nutrients as a general rule, the meager amounts of DHA in these foods may not be enough. Also the enhanced ROS from increased metabolism can also increase destruction of DHA through lipid peroxidation.

Vitamin C and Vitamin E are not the only things needed to protect the tissues from ROS. There are many other things needed. The body does not have an unlimited capacity to handle ROS, and antioxidant capacity can be compromised for various reasons.

Yes DHA is unsaturated, which is one reason why it is useful in the brain as it makes cell membranes more flexible and fluid which improves cell signalling and neurotransmission but there is a lot more to it than that.

Sardines and other small fish generally have much less mercury.
So your advice to someone who has a stuttering problem is to consume more PUFA?

CAN'T MAKE THIS UP,

Thanks for the Laugh REDDY BOY

redsun

So your advice to someone who has a stuttering problem is to consume more PUFA?

CAN'T MAKE THIS UP,

Thanks for the Laugh REDDY BOY
I really do not care for your particular brand of buffoonery at the moment. I already explained my opinion and reasoning on all the possible contributing factors in my first post and the other posts on this thread. There is plenty of research showing the positive effects of DHA on brain function. Since you regularly admit to being a science-denier, I am sure you'll just predictably claim any research on DHA being beneficial to human is false.

LadyRae

I really do not care for your particular brand of buffoonery at the moment. I already explained my opinion and reasoning on all the possible contributing factors in my first post and the other posts on this thread. There is plenty of research showing the positive effects of DHA on brain function. Since you regularly admit to being a science-denier, I am sure you'll just predictably claim any research on DHA being beneficial to human is false.
"Buffoonery" - - spot on!
I agree with you regarding sardines and DHA. And I regret cutting them out of my diet a couple years ago when I discovered the works of Ray Peat and became obsessively neurotic about PUFA avoidance.

Unfortunately this forum is full of science deniers. Small minds seeking a secure identity within a dogma, completely threatened by any ideas that don't validate their status quo.

EustaceBagge

"Still, this doesn’t mean that the brain supplements may not work. It’s just that there is not much, if any, evidence from randomized clinical trials — the gold standard for research — on isolated vitamins or minerals and brain health."

"Fish is a staple in the Mediterranean and MIND diets, among others, and studies have found an association between higher intake of fish and a lower risk of cognitive decline. However, omega-3 supplements haven’t shown the same effect. Any benefit seems to come from a greater intake of fish and not from taking fish oil supplements."

Now we can argue this may mean that Omega-3 supplements do not get used by the body... or it may mean that the positive effect of fish on brain health is not from the Omega-3's. What are the odds it is because of a higher protein intake as most people are severely protein deficient? And even with all this arguing, we are talking about avoiding cognitive decline, not actually boosting performance.

Attachments

• science.jpg
    science.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 30
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals