Danny begins to stutter like Ray? What is going on?

the goal should be to become more like haidut (brian-wise)

haidut speaks directly, fluidly and intelligently, hopping from topic to topic with agility, always sprinkling in humor, and never stuttering or nervously giggling

i wonder if he was always like that, or only became like that after peating/supplemeting?

its a very eastern european style of communication. maybe genetic?

Razvan

the goal should be to become more like haidut (brian-wise)

haidut speaks directly, fluidly and intelligently, hopping from topic to topic with agility, always sprinkling in humor, and never stuttering or nervously giggling

i wonder if he was always like that, or only became like that after peating/supplemeting?

its a very eastern european style of communication. maybe genetic?
Yeah that's how we speak in east europe. Never see a guy speak like Danny, i think it's the envinronment a lot. All americans i met are weird and akward.

BearWithMe

As long as Danny doesn't start telling stories of how his plumber jumped up the stairs after rubbing Progest-E on his bad knee, or of the grinning and purring cat that ate some T3, I'm not worried about his Ray imitation.

The thing I found notable about Ray's conversations with others was that he (almost?) never asked how they were doing (after they asked him the same question). He once asked Patrick a question about his youtube channel, but that's all I can remember. On the other hand, he was very kind and well-mannered while answering questions, always had a message of hope, never criticized or made fun of listeners when they did things that were "unpeaty", had a good sense of humor and always took his time to answer a question even for the 20th time.

If he comes across as socially awkward to some, my guess would be that he adjusted what he shared in conversations with others over time. He never went to a party where he didn't probably offend most of the people there by talking about what he was interested in, remember? Perhaps he then decided at some point that it is better not to share much about himself and not to get private with other people. As some sort of self-protection. I can sympathize with that. That can certainly come across as socially awkward to some people.
Maybe he just thought some social norms - like asking questions no one really care about, just to be "polite", essentially faking interest - are stupid and dishonest.

Stop wasting time on empty words and blank sentences, let's get to the science and useful stuff

-Luke-

Maybe he just thought some social norms - like asking questions no one really care about, just to be "polite", essentially faking interest - are stupid and dishonest.

Stop wasting time on empty words and blank sentences, let's get to the science and useful stuff
Probably. He seemed uncomfortable with small talk. When Patrick asked him how he was doing he always started talking about the weather in Eugene.

Waynish

I think stuttering is a symptom of hyperthyroidism. Both of them are at least borderline hyperthyroid at times. Healthy excitation.
Or thyroid supplementation. Anyone stuttering that is taking thyroid should go off of it for at least a week to see the effect. There is no way eating thyroid - even in .1mcg - is the same thing as how it is naturally being "produced".

Waynish

Yeah that's how we speak in east europe. Never see a guy speak like Danny, i think it's the envinronment a lot. All americans i met are weird and akward.
True almost to a ridiculous extent. I once stayed in eastern europe for a year and flew directly to San Francisco for business... The difference was so extreme and people literally crossed the streets as I walked by due to me not wearing a mask :rollingred And I waved and smiled like an undercover cis-microaggressor.

Mauritio

Or thyroid supplementation. Anyone stuttering that is taking thyroid should go off of it for at least a week to see the effect. There is no way eating thyroid - even in .1mcg - is the same thing as how it is naturally being "produced".
yeah the supposed hyperthyroid state is at least in part due to thyroid supplementation,so thats in line with what i said.

danny is euphoric and laughs all the time and i think his low stress state makes him careless about how he vocalizes his thoughts

the opposite would be if you start meditating and activate the focused brain state, you will laugh less but your vocalized thoughts would be more precise.

Risingfire

One thing I didn’t get about Ray Peat is he came off as very estrogenic, socially awkward, low dopamine in all his interviews/lectures. Which I find weird as his following his principles and diet should promote an opposite effect to that.

I know he had surgeries and radiation on his mouth and I know he was also old, but I don’t think those things are 100% to blame for the reason why he acted like that.
Ray was an old man when his popularity grew exponentially. He did sound better right before he passed due to his vegetable sensitivity. I would invite you to watch some of his presentations from his early 70's. He looks and sounds very strong.

Hidden49

Ray was an old man when his popularity grew exponentially. He did sound better right before he passed due to his vegetable sensitivity. I would invite you to watch some of his presentations from his early 70's. He looks and sounds very strong.
Do you have a link where I can see this

Thanks

Makrosky

Danny is doing amazing things!
Which ones exactly? I only hear/read him once every few years for the last...13 years? And I can only see him regurgitating Ray's (or others) content. Never creating any single original solid idea. Any kind of new idea in fact. Basically surfs pubmed for articles that confirm his Ray Peat bias. The guy is a joke, sorry.

Enlighten me please.

aniciete

Which ones exactly? I only hear/read him once every few years for the last...13 years? And I can only see him regurgitating Ray's (or others) content. Never creating any single original solid idea. Any kind of new idea in fact. Basically surfs pubmed for articles that confirm his Ray Peat bias. The guy is a joke, sorry.

Enlighten me please.
Id say the only thing he is "known" for is interviewing Ray

Peatress

Enlighten me please.
If you think he is a joke don't listen to him.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I personally like Danny very much.

I think Danny stays very stricly to the core of Ray‘s philosophy, because he had such tremendous improvements in his health by applying it to his own life, so that he does not feel the need to change something. Maybe that‘ll change in the future, who knows!

I hope Danny finds new areas of interest and an extended field of research in the future. I think now after Ray has passed away, he is required to create own ideas/concepts, as he cannot just email Ray anymore with his questions.

I think every student of a great teacher at one point in their life, will find their own path and incorporate new knowledge with old experiences and acquire wisdom.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals