Dandruff is out of control

k2896

So i've had dandruff for more than year, I think it got worse when I started washing my hair with egg yolk once a week for three weeks, I also think my gut issues have played a role in it. Now its so ridiculously itchy I feel like maniac itching, I can't consume liver as it gives me gut pain. I have increased my milk intake to a few cups a day a couple of a months ago and I wonder if its that. I really don't want to give up milk. I've tried aloe vera gel in my hair, asprin, vodka, ACV, I'm at a losss.

Anyone managed to fix their problem or get to the root?

Daft

So i've had dandruff for more than year, I think it got worse when I started washing my hair with egg yolk once a week for three weeks, I also think my gut issues have played a role in it. Now its so ridiculously itchy I feel like maniac itching, I can't consume liver as it gives me gut pain. I have increased my milk intake to a few cups a day a couple of a months ago and I wonder if its that. I really don't want to give up milk. I've tried aloe vera gel in my hair, asprin, vodka, ACV, I'm at a losss.

I just started basic approach of over the counter anti dandruff shampoo (head n shoulders with zinc and nizoral with ketocozanole) because I've gotten tired of dandruff and not trying anything for it. I would suggest those are worth trying. From a Peat perspective, it is often pro antibiotics and certainly something like zinc.

Coconut oil has a fatty acid type which specifically feeds and increases dandruff produced by a certain type of scalp bacteria. I think it might be true for other saturated fats.

Reemaway

Unfortunately the only think that stopped my dandruff was going dairy free...and lowering red meat and most grains....increasing fruits and some veg. I try to get my calcium from boiling leafy greens like kale and drinking that. Helped me become somewhat regular in the restroom as well. many Chinese medicine docs I’ve spoked to told me about how dairy can mess with hormonal pathways, arterial functions, and detox pathways...and almost all agreed that especially when adults should limit it’s consumption.

Reemaway

I just started basic approach of over the counter anti dandruff shampoo (head n shoulders with zinc and nizoral with ketocozanole) because I've gotten tired of dandruff and not trying anything for it. I would suggest those are worth trying. From a Peat perspective, it is often pro antibiotics and certainly something like zinc.

Coconut oil has a fatty acid type which specifically feeds and increases dandruff produced by a certain type of scalp bacteria. I think it might be true for other saturated fats.
Selsun blue - the purple one with shampoo/conditioner did wonders for me. Nizoral made it worse and brittle and dried it out pretty bad.

D

Doer

Apple cider vinegar on the scalp anywhere from 10 minutes to a few hours (the longer the better) then simply wash it off with water.

Gustav3Y

For me Nizoral did nothing until a tried a generic brand where it worked several hours later, the irony.
Then Selsun Blue managed to help way more after that, not using the ketoconazole shampoo after that.

Also highly diluted vinegar seems to help me (the 9% kind not the ACV containing even more allergens),
careful to be very diluted or else will feel a burning sensation on the head, especially if you have redness or bleeding like I had.
Leave it for 10 minutes then was with regular water. I can leave it for the entire day too, but then careful with histamnic reactions, for me can exist if do not rinse it off for the day.
You can do this 2 times a day, but I would not try 2 times a day from the first day.

Sodium bicarbonate seems to make it way worse if I try it.
Some of the other specialty shampoos make it worse for me, in a matter of hours.

Last edited:

aliml

Symptoms of Fat Malabsorption Issues and Gallbladder Problems

Since gallbladder and bile impairment can contribute to fat malabsorption issues and have been linked to hypothyroidism. Unfortunately, they are often overlooked by practitioners or viewed as symptoms of other common conditions. Let’s review the common signs and symptoms of fat malabsorption and gallbladder issues:

-- Digestive symptoms include greasy, smelly, floating, or light-colored stools; gas or belching after eating, diarrhea, stomach pain, gallbladder pain (located on the right side, under the ribs), gallstones, nausea, and weight loss. If you are not properly digesting and absorbing fats from food, you may start to experience low energy levels and increased cravings for carbs, since fats are an incredible slow-burning source of energy. People attempting a ketogenic (high-fat) diet may experience nausea or any of the above symptoms, and find that they are unable to comply with the high-fat dietary requirements.

-- Non-digestive symptoms include dry hair, eczema, depression, dry/itchy/flaky skin or scalp, oily scalp, dandruff, and rashes. Hormonal imbalances (including estrogen dominance) and adrenal issues may also be seen.

-- Symptoms related to vitamin and fatty acid deficiencies: As I already mentioned, if you’ve had fat malabsorption occurring for a while, you may start to develop symptoms of fatty acid deficiency, as well as depletions in the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K. Fatty acid deficiency symptoms may present as pain, inflammation, dry skin, oily hair, acne, or eczema. Deficiencies in the fat-soluble nutrients can lead to numerous additional symptoms, including vision problems, immune system imbalance, fragile bones, poor wound healing, easy bruising, bleeding gums, nosebleeds, dull hair, depression, skin disorders, eczema, dry and itchy/flaky skin or scalp, dandruff, oily scalp, rashes, and many other seemingly unrelated symptoms.

D

Doer

you

have tried this?
Yes and it really helps but as soon as i stop doing it even for a day the dandruff starts coming back immediately.
Symptoms of Fat Malabsorption Issues and Gallbladder Problems

Since gallbladder and bile impairment can contribute to fat malabsorption issues and have been linked to hypothyroidism. Unfortunately, they are often overlooked by practitioners or viewed as symptoms of other common conditions. Let’s review the common signs and symptoms of fat malabsorption and gallbladder issues:

-- Digestive symptoms include greasy, smelly, floating, or light-colored stools; gas or belching after eating, diarrhea, stomach pain, gallbladder pain (located on the right side, under the ribs), gallstones, nausea, and weight loss. If you are not properly digesting and absorbing fats from food, you may start to experience low energy levels and increased cravings for carbs, since fats are an incredible slow-burning source of energy. People attempting a ketogenic (high-fat) diet may experience nausea or any of the above symptoms, and find that they are unable to comply with the high-fat dietary requirements.

-- Non-digestive symptoms include dry hair, eczema, depression, dry/itchy/flaky skin or scalp, oily scalp, dandruff, and rashes. Hormonal imbalances (including estrogen dominance) and adrenal issues may also be seen.

-- Symptoms related to vitamin and fatty acid deficiencies: As I already mentioned, if you’ve had fat malabsorption occurring for a while, you may start to develop symptoms of fatty acid deficiency, as well as depletions in the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K. Fatty acid deficiency symptoms may present as pain, inflammation, dry skin, oily hair, acne, or eczema. Deficiencies in the fat-soluble nutrients can lead to numerous additional symptoms, including vision problems, immune system imbalance, fragile bones, poor wound healing, easy bruising, bleeding gums, nosebleeds, dull hair, depression, skin disorders, eczema, dry and itchy/flaky skin or scalp, dandruff, oily scalp, rashes, and many other seemingly unrelated symptoms.
This seems extremely interesting.I experience the majority of those symptoms,solving only the dandruff ones obviously with ACV.How could i improve my fat absorption?

Gustav3Y

People on carbs only have dandruff, people not eating dairy have dandruff, etc.
People not eating carbs have dandruff.

Over-simplifiation is not good for this subject.

aliml

Yes and it really helps but as soon as i stop doing it even for a day the dandruff starts coming back immediately.

This seems extremely interesting.I experience the majority of those symptoms,solving only the dandruff ones obviously with ACV.How could i improve my fat absorption?
Taurine – This amino acid is a major constituent of bile. It protects the body from both toxicity and oxidative stress, and can naturally improve bile production.

Milk Thistle – This plant contains silymarin, a compound that is considered to have hepatoprotectant effects.

Ox Bile salts from oxen have been shown to increase bile flow and support fat digestibility.

L-Methionine amino acid helps detox heavy metals and prevents excess fat buildup in the liver.

Inositol – In rat studies, this sugar has been shown to improve bile acid secretion as well as reduce oxidative stress.

Magnesium – Both magnesium citrate or magnesium glycinate can be helpful.

Liver-supporting foods, including hot lemon water, the Root Cause Green Smoothie, cruciferous veggies, sprouts and seedlings, green juices and chlorophyll, fermented foods, turmeric, cilantro and berries.

Beets are also wonderful, as they are rich in betaine and folate, which help to break down homocysteine and can aid your body in eliminating toxins.

Yann

For me, Vitamins A & D have solved it, along with using baking soda instead of shampoo (which is an endocrine disruptor). If I start flaking again, it's a sign for me that my Vitamin A intake is too low or that estrogen might be high. The carrot salad might help in lowering estrogen.

"Just washing the skin with pure soap alters the skin's endocrine function for days. and doing it every day is an endocrine disruptor, even if there are no toxic additives in the soap." - Ray Peat

"Vitamin A and estrogen are antagonistic, and while estrogen promotes keratinization (shedding of skin cells), vitamin A opposes it." - Ray Peat

"Vitamin A and thyroid are effective for increasing progesterone and decreasing estrogen, slowing the turnover of skin cells, and making the skin cells function longer before flaking off." - Ray Peat

"When people supplement thyroid and eat liver once or twice a week, their acne and dandruff (and many other problems) usually clear up very quickly." - Ray Peat

Dustin94

I used to have dandruff / sebderm until I started this routine: Put C8 MCT oil (without lauric acid) using an eyedropper on my scalp before bed. Next morning, I would wash my hair with Nizoral Shampoo. Right now, I use the C8 oil and shampoo every 2/3 days and rotate between Nizoral shampoo and Dove coffee shampoo, simply because it's a little harsh to be using Nizoral all the time on the head. I do believe the MCT oil helps "destress" the scalp, especially when it's red/itchy, and then the shampoo is used as a "reset" to clear away all the flakes/oil left on the head. Best of luck!

Spokey

Mine basically stopped when I started on molybdenum recently. I think it was a sulphite sensitivity problem ultimately.

D

Doer

Taurine – This amino acid is a major constituent of bile. It protects the body from both toxicity and oxidative stress, and can naturally improve bile production.

Milk Thistle – This plant contains silymarin, a compound that is considered to have hepatoprotectant effects.

Ox Bile salts from oxen have been shown to increase bile flow and support fat digestibility.

L-Methionine amino acid helps detox heavy metals and prevents excess fat buildup in the liver.

Inositol – In rat studies, this sugar has been shown to improve bile acid secretion as well as reduce oxidative stress.

Magnesium – Both magnesium citrate or magnesium glycinate can be helpful.

Liver-supporting foods, including hot lemon water, the Root Cause Green Smoothie, cruciferous veggies, sprouts and seedlings, green juices and chlorophyll, fermented foods, turmeric, cilantro and berries.

Beets are also wonderful, as they are rich in betaine and folate, which help to break down homocysteine and can aid your body in eliminating toxins.

Thanks a lot!

Ascending

For me, Vitamins A & D have solved it, along with using baking soda instead of shampoo (which is an endocrine disruptor). If I start flaking again, it's a sign for me that my Vitamin A intake is too low or that estrogen might be high. The carrot salad might help in lowering estrogen.

"Just washing the skin with pure soap alters the skin's endocrine function for days. and doing it every day is an endocrine disruptor, even if there are no toxic additives in the soap." - Ray Peat

"Vitamin A and estrogen are antagonistic, and while estrogen promotes keratinization (shedding of skin cells), vitamin A opposes it." - Ray Peat

"Vitamin A and thyroid are effective for increasing progesterone and decreasing estrogen, slowing the turnover of skin cells, and making the skin cells function longer before flaking off." - Ray Peat

"When people supplement thyroid and eat liver once or twice a week, their acne and dandruff (and many other problems) usually clear up very quickly." - Ray Peat
can you elaborate on you're baking soda shampoo, any more ingredients?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals