Damon Gameau goes Super Size on the sweet stuff in shocking sugar experiment

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This must be a rebound from the epoch of fat hate which we are coming out of... eventually they will waste some film to avenge sugar as well. It is a ritual of sorts, albeit a particularly dangerous one in that it is perpetuating a reduced classification of foods. You can see how he eliminates "hidden sugars" but what is left is still a room full of industrial food products, it makes no sense apart from selling tickets and opening new "high-fat" product investment opportunities for the same old companies.

Zachs

What a tool.

If they wanted to study the effects of super high sugar intake (way higher than 40tsp) durianrider would have gladly helped them out.

pboy

yea the diet was ***t, definitely low in protein and nutrients, he claims he ate natural sugar sources like granola bars, cereal, and low fat yogurt...lol, what about fruit man? lol I mean...its a joke anyone would take the guy for anything other than a clown.

As for durianrider, hes proof that such a diet of mostly all fruit vegan based can be successful, if he is indeed doing that all the time, you just have to eat like 2x more calories, probably spend a lot of time and money on food, exercise a lot...I give him props though, at least hes a pretty fit person and clearly has a lot of energy...im assuming he isn't adding anything else that he says he isn't. But yea, I bet hes a thorn in the side of the thousands of low sugar pushers out there...like he pretty much makes them all out to be frauds

pboy said:
yea the diet was s***, definitely low in protein and nutrients, he claims he ate natural sugar sources like granola bars, cereal, and low fat yogurt...lol, what about fruit man? lol I mean...its a joke anyone would take the guy for anything other than a clown.

As for durianrider, hes proof that such a diet of mostly all fruit vegan based can be successful, if he is indeed doing that all the time, you just have to eat like 2x more calories, probably spend a lot of time and money on food, exercise a lot...I give him props though, at least hes a pretty fit person and clearly has a lot of energy...im assuming he isn't adding anything else that he says he isn't. But yea, I bet hes a thorn in the side of the thousands of low sugar pushers out there...like he pretty much makes them all out to be frauds

Fruit is not grouped with "sugars" since it looks fresh and colorful and is associated with natural environment. When you go out and seek to destroy the real reputation of a food (or anything else) for better or worse, you will think of its appearance and how it is perceived, then ask yourself "should we turn this into a devil or an angel?" The many other different aspects of real things are then sacrificed for gain, and intelligence is also sacrificed because you only need to think about one side of everything.

Amazoniac

The problem is that people always try to simplify by categorization, even here we sometimes do that.
First it was fat the culprit, without any ponderation or criteria; now sugar..
Balance will never be a good marketing campain for the industry, they need to have clear messages to sell their products.

pboy

all we can eat is lettuce guys, theres at least one person saying we cant eat anything else