Dairy Severely Constipates Me

Maljam

@Maljam It's mostly hard cheese that constipates me. It was my main protein source. With milk, I don't have this issue, but I do have others issues.
I've come to realize that all this talk such as dairy = good, X = bad, is reductionist.
Eat to optimize digestion, energy levels, temperatures, pulse, mood. The challenge is to find the combinations of foods that will do that, given your current state of metabolic & digestive health.

If the opioid effects come from the protein, then it would make sense cheese is more constipating as it is more protein dense than milk (I think I have got that right), or if the problem is too much calcium compared to magnesium, cheese would also be worse too.

I completely agree with your bolded part, I dont think there are any inherently "bad" foods really, but there does seem to be certain foods that people with poor digestion commonly struggle with and should avoid.

@GreekDemiGod Have you ever tried fat-free cultured dairy? I've had lots of problems with milk and some with cheese but fat-free sour milk worked pretty well. I stopped drinking it because Ray made me wary of fermented foods and 'cause I wanted to experiment with the Peaty plant-based stuff. It's been a while since I drank sour milk, maybe I'll try some some day. I tried kombucha few days ago and it made me miss the fresh tangy taste of cold sour milk.