Dairy-rich Diet Linked To Lower Risks Of Diabetes And High Blood Pressure

Lollipop2

Dairy-rich diet linked to lower risks of diabetes and high blood pressure
And cluster of factors that increase heart disease and stroke risk (metabolic syndrome)

Eating at least two daily servings of dairy is linked to lower risks of diabetes and high blood pressure, as well as the cluster of factors that heighten cardiovascular disease risk (metabolic syndrome), finds a large international study.

Dairy-rich diet linked to lower risks of diabetes and high blood pressure: And cluster of factors that increase heart disease and stroke risk (metabolic syndrome)

Kvothe

Well not exactly..

"Total dairy and full fat dairy, but not low fat dairy, were associated with a lower prevalence of most components of metabolic syndrome"

Although I think the association between dairy and lower disease risks exists, I wouldn't give too much weight to these kinds of studies. The data these observational studies are based on (food questionnaires that are subject to recall) are very unreliable, and the confounding variables are far too many in order to draw meaningful conclusions. Other studies find the opposite with low-fat dairy being protective, and full-fat dairy being neutral or harmful.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Fructose and dairy Skin 26
C Itchy eczema within hours of dairy Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 13
F Indus Civilization People Ate Mainly Meat and Dairy Products Scientific Studies 1
S Best Non Dairy And Non Supplement Ways To Get Calcium? Digestion 18
metabolizm Why Would Dairy Cause Dandruff? Ask For Help or Advice 21
J Honey And Dairy Kill Libido And Ability To Get Erection Thyroid and Hormones 34
N Sinus Infection From Dairy? Diet 0
bluefish Dairy, Estrogen, Etc Etc Diet 4
Hans Fat Up The Health Benefits With Dairy Fat Articles & Scientific Studies 23
J Acne Breakout After Quitting Dairy Skin 5
boris Dairy Farms Forced To Dump Millions Of Liters Of Milk Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 7
Ben Stone First Time Eating Dairy In 30 Years = Acne! Advice? Diet 10
N Anti-Peat Mic The Vegan On The Dangers Of Dairy Debate - Anti-Peat 8
J Is Dairy Bad For Hair Loss? Hair & Nails 12
Lenny How Do You Get Enough Sugar On Dairy-free Diet? Ask For Help or Advice 8
hiconscience Raw Dairy Diet 2
boris Antibiotics + Milk. Should Antibiotics Really Not Be Taken With Dairy? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
Mito Dairy Foods, Dairy Fat, Diabetes, And Death: What Can Be Learned From 3 Large New Investigations? Articles & Scientific Studies 8
Jake sullivan Bringing To Attention The Dark Side Of Dairy Dairy 144
Hildy Wow, Peat Is Right! Milk And Dairy Really ARE Weight Loss Foods Milk 43
B Iodine In Dairy Products Concerns Ask For Help or Advice 0
Inaut Sugar, Dairy & Metabolic Health W/ Danny Roddy Danny Roddy 38
J Salt, Dairy,sugar Blood Flow Health 9
DaveFoster Dairy Fat May Protect Against Type II Diabetes Scientific Studies 6
A Is Raw Dairy More Estrogenic Than Pasteurized Dairy? Dairy, Eggs 15
Mito Milk And Dairy Product Consumption And Cardiovascular Diseases Articles & Scientific Studies 0
F Is Dairy Or People's Reactions To Dairy A Cause Of Its Lymphatic Congestion? Diet 3
C About To Experiment With A2 Milk After Over 20 Years Of No Dairy Products Milk 9
mayweatherking Rate This Non Dairy Diet Diet 7
T Simple Antioxidant Smoothie I Make Daily (dairy Free) Recipes 0
S Is PUFA Hiding In Dairy Foods Now? Diet 11
C Which Dairy Is Okay? Hair & Nails 13
Peatogenic Should I Consider Myself Unhealthy If I Do Best Without Grains Or Dairy? Diet 83
Cirion Voltage Gate Calcium Channel & EMF's & Dairy Intake? Calcium 12
N Dr John McDougall- Pro Starch, Anti-meat/dairy, Swears It's Anti-cancer Discussing Dietary Models 23
Runenight201 Dairy Fat And Fatigue Cheese 34
G Learning To Dairy Farm Miscellaneous 10
cyclops Pregnant Cows = High Estrogen Dairy Fat? Diet 41
A Article: "Dairy Fat May Be Saturated, But It's Not Unhealthy The Way Animal Fats Are." Dairy 1
dfspcc20 Quality Dairy: Better In Tropics Or Temperate Climates? Milk 13
T Consuming High-fat Dairy Products Found To Make Lung Function In Smokers Even Worse Scientific Studies 1
S Dairy Fat Problems Diet 11
Westside PUFAs The Promotion Of Dairy Vs. The Promotion Of Kale The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 52
Nicolas Noyola Dairy Intake And Semen Quality Among Men Attending A Fertility Clinic Scientific Studies 24
W Fish And Dairy Diet, Recipes 8
F Cant Digesting Eggs And Dairy Digestion 4
A Effect Of Dairy On Androgens Dairy 20
C Fermented Dairy Has Been A Staple Of My Diet, Causing Some Issues Diet 11
T Cutting Out Homogenised Dairy Has Cleared All My Digestive Issues, Including Geographic Tongue Digestion 43
michael94 Fruit Is A Loan From Nature, Dairy Is A Gift Miscellaneous Health Discussions 4