DAIRY FREE

stargazer1111

Exactly. Does this look like a water-soluble chemical to you?

Estrone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is weird quirk about milk in that the casein protein can act as a micelle to bind to hydrophobic molecules. Several studies have shown how casein molecules bind very tightly to retinol (vitamin A) and other hydrophobic compounds and it is very possible that the casein is also binding to estrogen and keeping it in solution despite the removal of the fat.

Peater

I am going to cut out dairy for a bit once I have finished my current low fat milk. Annoying, but I need to find out if it is causing fat/water gain.

I have a calcium carbonate powder supplement so that will have to do.

How is everyone else getting on with or without milk or dairy?

Peatress

I am going to cut out dairy for a bit once I have finished my current low fat milk. Annoying, but I need to find out if it is causing fat/water gain.

I have a calcium carbonate powder supplement so that will have to do.

How is everyone else getting on with or without milk or dairy?
I'm having the same issues and considering giving up dairy. I'm not confident about this decision which is why I'm hesitant.

Peater

Yes I could - I just need to make the decision, stop buying milk and put up with the initial discomfort and inconvenience.

Yes it's the re-adjustment that's frustrating - I didn't have any dairy for a couple of years in my vegan phase so I know I can do it - I'm just used to white coffee now! I will still use butter for cooking I think. But no yoghurt cheese or milk for a while.

Peatress

Yes it's the re-adjustment that's frustrating - I didn't have any dairy for a couple of years in my vegan phase so I know I can do it - I'm just used to white coffee now! I will still use butter for cooking I think. But no yoghurt cheese or milk for a while.
I was dairy free for a long time - it's been approx. 6 years since I reintroduced it. 2 years ago I tried quitting but lasted only 5 days - my waking temperature crashed. Mind you I quit coffee at the same time. I was freezing even though it was summertime. :cold:

Peater

I was dairy free for a long time - it's been approx. 6 years since I reintroduced it. 2 years ago I tried quitting but lasted only 5 days - my waking temperature crashed. Mind you I quit coffee at the same time. I was freezing even though it was summertime. :cold:

I wonder if the trace iodine in dairy was helping. As you say it's summer but not exceptionally warm some days so I noticed my hands and feed have been warmer since I started SSKI and selenium (Mentioned elsewhere won't go over it again here)

As a vegan I was obviously cold most of the time anyway! I remember the cold winter of 2009 getting in from site and just laying on the floor by the heater vent. Couldn't get any heat into me!

Peatress

I wonder if the trace iodine in dairy was helping. As you say it's summer but not exceptionally warm some days so I noticed my hands and feed have been warmer since I started SSKI and selenium (Mentioned elsewhere won't go over it again here)

As a vegan I was obviously cold most of the time anyway! I remember the cold winter of 2009 getting in from site and just laying on the floor by the heater vent. Couldn't get any heat into me!
I think the calcium alone can stimulate the metabolism. Which calcium carbonate do you use?

What kind of dairy free breakfast would you have? I love my morning latte!

Peater

I think the calcium alone can stimulate the metabolism. Which calcium carbonate do you use?

Just a NOW Brands one I have had kicking around in the cupboard for ages, nothing fancy.

What kind of dairy free breakfast would you have? I love my morning latte!

Generally an omelette. I'm trying not to think about it! :D

Peatress

Just a NOW Brands one I have had kicking around in the cupboard for ages, nothing fancy.

Generally an omelette. I'm trying not to think about it! :D
I used to enjoy herbal teas but since discovering coffee they seem almost offensive.

Peater

I used to enjoy herbal teas but since discovering coffee they seem almost offensive.

If I double up on the sugar in my BLACK coffee and still maintain current weight I'm giving up and identifying as a cow and just eating grass.

I need to get another round of thyroid tests soon now I think of it, with the ongoing iodide/iodine experiment.

Peatress

If I double up on the sugar in my BLACK coffee and still maintain current weight I'm giving up and identifying as a cow and just eating grass.

I need to get another round of thyroid tests soon now I think of it, with the ongoing iodide/iodine experiment.
I've got about a weeks worth of milk to get through after which I will give it a go (giving up, not identifying as a cow).

Apple

No milk, no coffee, no cheese, no meat ( iron , methionine) , no fish (lead, pufa), no greens (antinutrients) ... What are your staple foods?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals