DAIRY FREE

Elephanto

Exactly. Does this look like a water-soluble chemical to you?

Estrone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tons of substances have an estrogenic effect yet do not contain any estrogen.

I'd like to see this study. Here is mine:

This is interesting but like I said there may still be estrogen mimics or other mechanisms promoting estrogen in skim milk because the graph I read clearly showed that skim milk was having a pro-estrogen effect. Yes I've been trying to find it again but unsuccessfully yet, hope to find it soon so I can post it.

Luann

Eat calcium and protein and you'll be fine. Beyond that the only factor is like, "reward", a lot of people here like ice cream for stress relief : )

Ukall

If anyone still cares, I do well on raw dairy. Raw milk and cheeses make me feel great and don't cause the same type of problems for me.
Of course it matters. New solutions and discoveries are always welcomed.

Does anyone get itchy skin after drinking milk? I got it specially in my legs. I can't stop scratching them.
I've noticed that small red dots appear, so it is probably a mild reaction I have from milk.
Also, when I drink milk,

(WARNING: TMI)

my urine becomes a little weird. This is, I pee normally, but when I am almost finished, I start peeing white and it comes out somes a viscous substance also.
In the past, when I used to drink lots of milk, I thought this was just normal and it was excess of semen going out through my urine.
But now, on the other day, when I tried to reintroduce it, it happened again. After 1 year, I had almost forgot that this happened to me.
It was incredible all the flashbacks that came to my mind to both situations: seeing this and also of me scratching my legs all the time. Which confirms to me that already in the past I used to have some reaction, but I didn't know it or I just thought it was because of the weather or something like that xD

I have to say that I tried Goat Milk for the first time (this one Haltbare Bio-Ziegenmilch 3,0% 1Ltr.).

The question is: if the reaction is not from the Beta Casein A1, what could I possible be reacting to? Well, kinda of a vague question, there must be lots of reasons here.
I am going to try other dairy products this week, like cheese or greek yogurt and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Travis

my urine becomes a little weird. This is, I pee normally, but when I am almost finished, I start peeing white and it comes out somes[sic] a viscous substance also

That's called jizz. Try not to touch yourself when you pee.

Ukall

That's called jizz. Try not to touch yourself when you pee.
I didn't touch myself. As I said, in the past, I always thought that too.
It's very weird how I don't have it when I am not drinking milk.

(I hope I didn't misunderstand what you've said)
I must be honest that since I stopped drinking milk, my semen was never the same. It's much more liquid now (and less pleasurable).
I remember having it really viscous and sticky in the past. Now, I just don't know what's the healthy one.
Curiously, I have less libido since then too. I couldn't stay a week without having fun. I would even felt my balls 'heavy'.
I am probably 4 months straight without touching myself and I don't have any intention to do it soon.

I can only assume that milk really does something (to me) regarding libido and semen production.

conhnore

lot of abstract anxiety in this thread - if we had to generate a proposition about milk that both vegans and Peatarians (including the dairy-free types) could affirm, it would be that milk is odd

Hasen

I guess it depends to what extent you feel you need to follow an idealised version of Peat style eating. I'm dairy free, but not really because of issues other than ethically. Essentially I am vegan, but have a couple of eggs a week, which works well for me. I add in egg shell powder, rice protein, some supplements and eat a diet based around fruit, starches (esp potatoes, masa harina and rice) and coconut. All in all, my health is so much better.

You're vegan? How can you be possibly following Peat if you're a vegan....

Travis

You're vegan? How can you be possibly following Peat if you're a vegan....

Coconuts and fruit and tubers! Essentially no PUFA, low-iron, and no estrogen or growth hormone.

I think Peat would approve.

Hasen

Coconuts and fruit and tubers! Essentially no PUFA, low-iron, and no estrogen or growth hormone.

I think Peat would approve.

No protein? Peat encourages a lot of protein, not to mention anyone needs protein to survive anyway.

Travis

No protein? Peat encourages a lot of protein, not to mention anyone needs protein to survive anyway.

What are you talking about? All of these have protein.

Hasen

What are you talking about? All of these have protein.

You get your protein from fruit?? Potato and coconut have 3g of protein per 100g! That's literally nothing.

Not to mention Peat is also generally against vegetables and only approves of carrots so I don't see how you're getting any vitamins either. The main idea of Peat is to compensate for those missed out vitamins and minerals by eating liver and seafood....

Travis

One Coconut = 13 gm
One Pineapple = 5 gm + keto-acids
One Large Potato = 7 gm

A quote from Ray Peat:
. Potatoes, because of the high quality of their protein, are probably relatively free of toxic signal-substances. Many tropical fruits, besides having relatively saturated fats, are also low in iron, and often contain important quantities of amino acids and proteins.
The problem of Alzheimer's disease as a clue to immortality Part 2

Many fruits (including peaches, plums, and tropical jack fruit) are deficient in tryptophan, yet have very significant quantities of the other amino acids. They also contain some of the “carbon skeleton” (keto-acid) equivalents of the essential amino acids, which can be converted to protein in the body.
Tryptophan, Serotonin, and Aging

These other amino acids may be synthesized in the body by other substances such as keto-acids...
Anatomy and Physiology by Lippincott page 154

Hasen

Potato and coconut are still EXTREMELY low in protein at just 3%. You have to eat a tremendous amount each day to even begin to get enough - for a man that is. For a woman it would still be somewhat difficult. Peat recommends at least 100g protein a day, depends on your weight but generally he recommends quite a bit. With potato and coconut at 3g per 100g, how much of them do you actually eat? Almost all the calories from coconut are from fat and almost all the calories from potatoes are from carbohydrates. Peat recommends carb calories mainly come from sugar.

Also you still didn't cover how you're compensating for all these missed vitamins from not eating any vegetables. Liver is crucial in a Peat diet.

To be honest I can't see how you can even be vegetarian Peat, never mind vegan since Peat is almost anti vegan. He disallows all vegetables except carrots so you have to find your protein and nutrition from meat, dairy and seafood.

Travis

Well, I had no idea that Ray Peat was a diet guru, you are going to have to find quotes to convince me that he recommends 100 grams of protein per day. I have read his articles, and I did not get the impression that he was almost anti-vegan.

Liver is high in Iron; and Seafood is high in PUFA. The only foods that get a free pass, from what I have read, are coconuts, milk, fruit, and carrots.

Hasen

Well, I had no idea that Ray Peat was a diet guru, you are going to have to find quotes to convince me that he recommends 100 grams of protein per day. I have read his articles, and I did not get the impression that he was almost anti-vegan.

Liver is high in Iron; and Seafood is high in PUFA. The only foods that get a free pass, from what I have read, are coconuts, milk, fruit, and carrots.

That's your own diet. Peat definitely recommends Liver and seafood. Danny Roddy even has youtube videos about these and they're also recommended in The Peat Whisperer. Eggs also contain PUFAs but Peat recommends them despite that because they contain essential nutrients.

Peat is not anti vegan but his interpreted diet certainly is pretty much the opposite.

Interesting you didn't respond to any of my questions about how you get anywhere near enough protein a day or how you get any of the missed vitamins from not eating any vegetables except carrots. This is the third time mentioning that. Give us an example of what you eat each day, 600g of potato and eight coconuts? And what about all the nutrients and minerals?

Travis

That's your own diet. Peat definitely recommends Liver and seafood. Danny Roddy even has youtube videos about these and they're also recommended in The Peat Whisperer. Eggs also contain PUFAs but Peat recommends them despite that because they contain essential nutrients.

Peat is not anti vegan but his interpreted diet certainly is pretty much the opposite.

Interesting you didn't respond to any of my questions about how you get anywhere near enough protein a day or how you get any of the missed vitamins from not eating any vegetables except carrots. This is the third time mentioning that. Give us an example of what you eat each day, 600g of potato and eight coconuts? And what about all the nutrients and minerals?

If you think that people should get 100 grams a day then it would be useless to say anything further.

Hasen

"High Protein Intake: Easily digested protein increases the clearance of estrogen, decreases serotonin, and supports thyroid hormone production. "

With what you're eating you wouldn't even be getting adequate protein, never mind high. You still haven't said anything about how you get your nutrients. Its common sense that anyone needs nutrients and minerals to support the body. That's the most fundamental thing in any diet. Ray Peat is not an idiot, so whilst he wants to avoid things like PUFAs and such he first and foremost wants to make sure the body is adequately supported with vitamins and minerals as well as sufficient amounts of protein, carbohydrates and fat. From there he can say, ok let's avoid chicken for the PUFA intake but he recommends eggs despite the PUFAs because we need protein and vital nutrients. The trade off is worth it.

Travis

I have read his articles, you don't need to tell me.

So you are wondering how I am still alive? Have you read this?: Tryptophan, serotonin, and aging and this Iron's Dangers

He seems to be contradicting himself with a high animal protein diet sometimes.

And you have no way of knowing what I eat, so stop making assumptions.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals