Dairy causing Depression

laleto12

Everytime I make dairy staple in my diet it makes me depressed/agitated. After I drop it feels like something has lifted off on me.

Does anyone experience this as well? Why could it be?

Vileplume

What type of dairy are you drinking? I struggled with various inflammation and hypoglycemia symptoms (tachycardia, digestive issues, hot flashes) while drinking pasteurized A2 store-bought milk, and this thread about additives in milk helped me realize that the milk might have been causing my problems. Turns out that any milk with vitamins A and D added has other junk too in the vitamin mix, not just the vitamins. Switching to raw goat milk a few days ago, everything improved.

animalcule

Yes. I’ve experienced this for years. It used to be very dramatic and came on pretty quickly after eating dairy. It wasn’t just a mental depression either, it was bodily depression — I felt heavy and like it took more effort to draw breath. Mentally, it caused me to spiral deeply downwards. It would be much more prone to crying. I would feel hopeless, much more than usual (I tend towards depression anyway, but while eating dairy, it would hit hard like a brick, at times it was scary.) I was also much for sensitive to noise.

So... yes, dairy can have those effects. Recently I’ve been supplementing with allithiamine, b complex, and vitamin a/d. I tried dairy again, and the effects didn’t hit as hard. At least I wasn’t breaking into tears at my desk or crying on the bathroom floor :/ But it did still make me feel heavy, along with causing me to gain weight. When I stopped eating it, I did feel lighter mentally. This makes me think that it does still have a depressive effect on me, but the effect is not as severe so I don’t notice it as I slip slightly into the fog.

I would love to eat dairy again. Just haven’t found a workaround for the depressive effects and weight gain.

OP
laleto12

laleto12

Yes. I’ve experienced this for years. It used to be very dramatic and came on pretty quickly after eating dairy. It wasn’t just a mental depression either, it was bodily depression — I felt heavy and like it took more effort to draw breath. Mentally, it caused me to spiral deeply downwards. It would be much more prone to crying. I would feel hopeless, much more than usual (I tend towards depression anyway, but while eating dairy, it would hit hard like a brick, at times it was scary.) I was also much for sensitive to noise.

So... yes, dairy can have those effects. Recently I’ve been supplementing with allithiamine, b complex, and vitamin a/d. I tried dairy again, and the effects didn’t hit as hard. At least I wasn’t breaking into tears at my desk or crying on the bathroom floor :/ But it did still make me feel heavy, along with causing me to gain weight. When I stopped eating it, I did feel lighter mentally. This makes me think that it does still have a depressive effect on me, but the effect is not as severe so I don’t notice it as I slip slightly into the fog.

I would love to eat dairy again. Just haven’t found a workaround for the depressive effects and weight gain.
I have the exact symptoms that you mention, hopelenesses, prone to crying and heavy body etc. It is so weird that this happens :D I’ve tried every type of dairy as well. Raw/Goat/UTH/Skim, cheese, yoghurt. you name it. Symptoms do not differ.

animalcule

I don’t know the mechanism by which this happens. I think it might have something to do with casein turning into casomorphins, which are opiates?

ursidae

Yes. I get mood disturbances from dairy along with the myriad of health problems it gives me. Last experiment: made me angry, irritable, intolerant to loud people and children, prone to using profanity.
As for too much fruit: makes me overly emotional, helpless, unmotivated, insecure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals