Dairy cause constipation?

RandomAcc

Dairy cause constipation or no? Personally I don't have any problem with dairy. But, i'm curious why some people have constipation with dairy, and some people have no problems with dairy, and some people get the opposite (wanting to poop everyday) instead? Thx
Btw sorry for bad english

Razvan

Diary is high in calcium. High calcium intake boosts metabolism and helps the transit time acting as a laxative. So dairy technically should help constipation. Some people get constipated from dairy because they use skim,low quality products that maybe contain gums that aren't listed especially in the USA. Also fortification of dairy can make things worse. Homogenization also worsens the quality of milk that's why I prefer homogenized milk.Also if you didn't eat dairy for a long time It will have an adaptation time when you reintroduce it.

Hgreen56

Some say its caused by opioids
Some say its caused by calcium
Some say its caused by lactose intolerance
Some say its caused by low metabolic rate.

Dairy cause constipation or no? Personally I don't have any problem with dairy. But, i'm curious why some people have constipation with dairy, and some people have no problems with dairy, and some people get the opposite (wanting to poop everyday) instead? Thx
Btw sorry for bad english
I think raw whole milk on an empty stomach, especially in the morning is very good for easing constipation. I think it is when it is mixed with other foods that it gets complicated.

SamYo123

Diary is high in calcium. High calcium intake boosts metabolism and helps the transit time acting as a laxative. So dairy technically should help constipation. Some people get constipated from dairy because they use skim,low quality products that maybe contain gums that aren't listed especially in the USA. Also fortification of dairy can make things worse. Homogenization also worsens the quality of milk that's why I prefer homogenized milk.Also if you didn't eat dairy for a long time It will have an adaptation time when you reintroduce it.
I get it with any milk. If it constipates me, it clear to me, its not speeding up my metabolism but slowing it down.....

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals