1. Spring Sale 10% Off @ LifeGivingStore.com Till June 10th With Coupon Code: SPRING2020
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Dairy - acne link?

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by miko, Jan 30, 2015.

1. miko

miko Member

2. jyb

jyb Member

The author seems to ignore that human babies drink milk. They do fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some side effects from poor quality milk, the usual commercial type. However the study has accounts of acne and milk association from old observations and at that time, cows were probably healthier than now. So I'm not sure what could explain them.

I'm prone to acne, if I eat junk food I have a risk of some cystic acne appearing somewhere on my cheek. However, I have found milk to be particularly safe. I don't drink poor quality milk though.

3. tara

tara Member

Yes, but even breast-fed babies sometimes get a harmless 'milk rash' that looks a lot like many small pimples.
    I haveno idea what that signifies, if anything.

4. Ben

Ben Member

Maybe mild hidden allergies = inflammation = acne

5. OP
    miko

miko Member

Baby need pro-grow substances and hormones from milk. In nature baby drink mothers milk for about 1 year and then is repelled of tit by the mother. This pro grow-substances (like IGF-1) in adult can cause sebaceous gland grow etc.

There are two precursors of DHT in milk: 5alpha-pregnanedione and 5α-androstanedione. And there is enzyme 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in sebaceus glands that convert this precursors to DHT.

6. jyb

jyb Member

IGF would be a concern. How would much is there in healthy, non-treated cow milk?