Daily Use Of Activated Charcoal — Who Else?

Mauritio

For around 3 months I was on 2 tablespoons activated charcoal daily. I then switched to 1 tbsp bentonite + 1 tbsp activated charcoal, daily, and did that for around 3 months. I eventually ran out of charcoal, and had a lot of bentonite and would still take maybe a few times a week for around a year. Looking back I think I liked the combination of the 2 the best. And I think taking daily was more effective than just once or twice a week, I would say 4 days a week would be ideal. If I had to pick one, it would be charcoal, but honestly both are not that different... clay acts a little more like insoluble fiber... charcoal has the benefit of possibly being more sterile, though I'm not sure it really matters much... I would usually take these before bed, a couple hours after food / supplements. The healing effects were most profound in the first couple of months. Mainly reduced bloating, reduced pain and inflammation, healthy bowel movements. After years of living a low iron lifestyle, and taking a lot of iron chelators, doing intense physical work, and living with a nasal staph infection, towards the end of 2017 I basically pushed myself in to iron deficiency anemia - at the start of this year I tried clay and charcoal again - in hopes it might help me feel more energetic (which it had helped me with a couple years before) - but instead I felt like total crap after. I tried 4 different times, each a week apart, and each time I was left feeling extremely low energy the following day, I now believe that charcoal / and or bentonite are strong chelators of iron, and likely other minerals as well. My opinion is they are best to pulse, e.g. 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, more than that could be risking mineral depletion / malabsorption. Despite RP's anti-iron stance, my experience has shown me that iron has a sweet spot, too much feeds bad bacteria and speeds up aging, too little and I was left in a state of extreme physical weakness, lethargy, and low dopamine .... it was hell, also I was no longer able to keep a tan, fortunately I perked back up after a couple months on ferrous sulfate. I am still a little wary of taking any clay right now, though I miss the benefits, I am afraid it will wipe me out again like it did earlier this year - it was really uncomfortable, I had dilligently been taking iron and was starting to feel alive again - and just 2 tablespoons of charcoal+clay wiped out several weeks worth of progress I had made on iron. Not only did I feel the change overnight, the redness of my inner eyelids (which slowly had returned after taking daily iron) went all the way back to anemic pale.
Interesting point about the iron. I too get dark circles and pale skin only minutes after I ingest the charcoal . I always thought my kidneys are more stresses or something , but In the light of the latest conversations on iron ,it might very well be iron chelating !

Owen B

There's been persorption issues raised around charcoal. I don't trust the stuff. What the hell is it really? It reminds me of the problems people have (myself included) with fiber supplements like psyllium. The stuff just sticks to your stomach and intestinal lining and festers there.

I take it and no matter how much water I drink with it, it just seems to stick to my system and then I have bloating.

I went with the Bentonite. It's in water and feels a lot better in my system. It feels like it's actually getting into my SI, moving through and not just glomming me up. No bloating.

The charcoal does make a decent treatment for yellowing of the teeth though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals