Daily Nausea

Mittir

So it's an initial sickness and then it just all clears up? What antibiotics have you taken? I'm thinking of trying monocycline or penicillin?
Yes and much better than before. There is less bacteria in gut and less endotoxin.
I tried both tetracycline and doxycycline 30-50 mg few days a week or whenever
i feel bit sluggish i take 50 mg dose. I have noticed i get upset stomach from 100 mg dose.
RP takes his antibiotic differently, it is described in Peatarian Email exchange.

Edit: I ate raw carrot salad for about 2-3 years almost everyday with
very good results. I do not do that anymore and only experimented
with antibiotic for few months.

Last edited:

Rafe

Same: cyproheptadine, plus doxycycline if the cyproheptadine doesn't start to bring relief almost immediately. Meantime, I read labels & try to figure out if there might be something not listed, but likely added to a new food I have eaten. I eat only easily digestible foods for a few.

We just passed the fall equinox (north) so small amounts of additives I might have tolerated in July, I can't tolerate as well now. If I get restless muscles at night I definitely start doxycycline. I get anxiety sensations with endotoxin so doxy does away with this completely in about 2 -3 days.

I thought soy lecithin (chocolate), & pectin would be okay, but for me, not. The new sensations of a better health state take getting used to. It sounds like you have a mix of sensations of an improved state + symptoms.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

My earlier nausea was probably caused by the bounty bars, excess coconut. I'm sure the nausea I have now is caused by fibre. Ate about 100g popcorn yesterday night, around 10-15g fibre. As well as this I had 100+g boiled mushrooms and various other vegetables. Today had many bowel movements and nausea feeling. Taken ~0.5mg cyproheptadine a couple of hours ago.

DaveFoster

I found out that a lot of my nausea was caused by low blood sugar, and extra salt turned off adrenaline, which was disastrous.

Eating frequently, with adequate protein and a surplus of carbohydrates and fats (for blood sugar stability) and keeping oxidative metabolism, glycogen storage, liver function in a positive direction will keep your blood sugar up.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

I found out that a lot of my nausea was caused by low blood sugar, and extra salt turned off adrenaline, which was disastrous.

Eating frequently, with adequate protein and a surplus of carbohydrates and fats (for blood sugar stability) and keeping oxidative metabolism, glycogen storage, liver function in a positive direction will keep your blood sugar up.

I tested blood sugar with a glucometer during a recent nausea spell and it seemed alright 6.3 mmol/L so not sure it was that. But I definitely had the low blood sugar nausea before. I have found with more solid food and starches in my diet, my blood sugar is much better.

Are you pregnant?

I had considered it, but I'm male. ;)

Mittir

I have found with more solid food and starches in my diet, my blood sugar is much better.

What kind of starch and solid foods you are eating?
I have found that Apple juice and sugared coffee milk being
most helpful in keeping blood sugar steady.
Starch and solid foods help me with satiety.

Peata

If you have some diarrhea, Pepto Bismol can help. AFAIK it can absorb endotoxins in the intestines. And soothe the stomach a bit.

Also, for nausea, I'd take 1/4 Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) at a time (because it causes sedation if you're not used to it) and sometimes up to 3/4 of the tablet if needed, after I got used to it.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

What kind of starch and solid foods you are eating?
I have found that Apple juice and sugared coffee milk being
most helpful in keeping blood sugar steady.
Starch and solid foods help me with satiety.

Starch usually rice in the form of coco pops cereal, or rice with a meal of vegetables and meat. Or potatoes, with meat and vegetables, or with just cheese rarely. I've tried the same meals without the rice and without the potato and having just coke or juice, depending on the meat, for my carb portion and I feel hungry so much faster and got stress responses before. What starch and solid food do you eat?

I drink a lot of milk and juice too but I really can't handle too much liquid.

If you have some diarrhea, Pepto Bismol can help. AFAIK it can absorb endotoxins in the intestines. And soothe the stomach a bit.

Also, for nausea, I'd take 1/4 Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) at a time (because it causes sedation if you're not used to it) and sometimes up to 3/4 of the tablet if needed, after I got used to it.

Thanks for the reply, I'll check out pepto bismol for any future issues, interesting. Cypro seems to have done the trick, or maybe it would have passed anyway... But I'm sure cypro has helped.

WestCoaster

Are you running hot? Aka fever? The body has a shut down mechanism to stop someone from eating via nausea vomiting if it's too hot internally (Fever and puking).

If not, it might be your body's way of telling you to give it a break and simply stop eating for a bit until it subsides. Too often people are force feeding themselves food and drink when they simply don't need it.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Are you running hot? Aka fever? The body has a shut down mechanism to stop someone from eating via nausea vomiting if it's too hot internally (Fever and puking).

Nah I took my temperature periodically when I felt nauseous and it ranged between 36.7c (98.06f) and 37.2c (98.96) Which is pretty much what people on here aim for haha.

tara

I seem to sometimes get nausea from these:
- low blood sugar
- too much acidy fruit/juice at once (I do eat/drink a fair bit of fruit and juice, just now an then it seems to get off balance)
- too much fat at once (I eat moderate amounts of fat fine most of the time - just if I get particularly much)
- motion sickness (car sick, sea sick)
- migraine process

Salty starchy food seems to help prevent/counteract. Eg mashed potatoes or hot chips.

tomisonbottom

I seem to sometimes get nausea from these:
- low blood sugar
- migraine process

Salty starchy food seems to help prevent/counteract. Eg mashed potatoes or hot chips.

Have you ever had nausea so bad you couldn't keep anything down?
I sometimes get low blood sugar/migraine nausea and it's always in the morning, and it always starts with a migraine and then nausea. But the headache doesn't usually go away so I'll be dealing with both at the same time.
It's a bad problem because you know you have to eat, but nothing stays down. Large doses of topical progesterone have helped before and one time activated charcoal helped.

tara

Have you ever had nausea so bad you couldn't keep anything down?
I sometimes get low blood sugar/migraine nausea and it's always in the morning, and it always starts with a migraine and then nausea. But the headache doesn't usually go away so I'll be dealing with both at the same time.
It's a bad problem because you know you have to eat, but nothing stays down. Large doses of topical progesterone have helped before and one time activated charcoal helped.
Sorry you're having to deal with them.
Yes. It's horrible. Throw up migraine medicine (sumatriptan), try to figure out whether I absorbed any or whether it's safe to take more.
Tried rizatriptan (maxalt melt), but the rebounds were worse than with sumatriptan.
I've been prescribed metoclopramide to help.
So now if I'm getting migraine I try to get the sumatriptan in before I get that nauseous, and occasionally if I think I've left it too late I take a small amount of metoclopramide with it. This seems to work to prevent me throwing it back up, and maybe to help my stomach work and absorb it. This can happen if I'm out and have to hang on till I get home, since I can't take it till I'm in a position to go to bed.

I really try to avoid letting it get that far, but the migraine process really messes with appetite, too, so I know it can get away sometimes. I don't know any other way than trying to find the safest (ie least sick-making) food you can tolerate, and eating little bits of it as possible even during migraine to try to stave off the nausea.
At various times for me that has included little bits of:
- ginger ale
- plain salted boiled spud
- honey off a spoon
- fruit salad with white rice and salt
- plain well-cooked rolled oat porridge with salt
When I'm in that state I *can't* cope with much in the way of protein or fats and just go with whatever I can face in terms of carbs, with as much salt as I feel like.
And drink water in little sips to thirst.

Even just small bits - a tsp at a time as I can manage even when I am in quite a lot of pain and don't really want to make the effort - can sometimes make a difference to keeping the nausea at bay. I know some people say they feel better after they've thrown up, and the migraine is relieved, but that's not been my experience.

Last edited:

tomisonbottom

Sorry you're having to deal with them.
Yes. It's horrible. Throw up migraine medicine (sumatriptan), try to figure out whether I absorbed any or whether it's safe to take more.
Tried rizatriptan (maxalt melt), but the rebounds were worse than with sumatriptan.
I've been prescribed metoclopramide to help.
So now if I'm getting migraine I try to get the sumatriptan in before I get that nauseous, and occasionally if I think I've left it too late I take a small amount of metoclopramide with it. This seems to work to prevent me throwing it back up, and maybe to help my stomach work and absorb it. This can happen if I'm out and have to hang on till I get home, since I can't take it till I'm in a position to go to bed.

I really try to avoid letting it get that far, but the migraine process really messes with appetite, too, so I know it can get away sometimes. I don't know any other way than trying to find the safest (ie least sick-making) food you can tolerate, and eating little bits of it as possible even during migraine to try to stave off the nausea.
At various times for me that has included little bits of:
- ginger ale
- plain salted boiled spud
- honey off a spoon
- fruit salad with white rice and salt
- plain well-cooked rolled oat porridge with salt
When I'm in that state I can cope with much in the way of protein or fats and just go with what ever I can face in terms of carbs, with as much salt as I feel like.
And drink water in little sips to thirst.

Even just small bits - a tsp at a time as I can manage even when I am in quite a lot of pain and don't really want to make the effort - can sometimes make a difference to keeping the nausea at bay. I know some people say they feel better after they've thrown up, and the migraine is relieved, but that's not been my experience.

Thanks, yeah, it is awful.

I've now realized I need to eat before bed, maybe something fatty so my glycogen stores don't empty before morning, because that's when it usually happens to me.

I will see if I can stop it before it happens next time, instead.
HUGE amounts of topical progesterone and topical cypro help too, since you can't eat or drink anything (in my experience).

tara

I've now realized I need to eat before bed, maybe something fatty so my glycogen stores don't empty before morning, because that's when it usually happens to me.
If I haven't eaten enough through the day I can crave fatty food in the eventing, and even staright butter or coconut oil can taste good to me. But I don't think large amounts of fat serve me well in terms of forestalling migraines. My hunch is that carbs and minerals and suitable (ie not too much and not too little) hydration are more useful.

biggirlkisss

tanning beds helped me alot with nausea from ibs that D can help ibs alot but there something about tanning beds that help over sunlight and maybe a different uva uvb balence.