D3 Reactions

Katia

Hello everyone. Need advice.

My daughter and myself had kind of reactions to Vit D3 liquid. I tried 3 different brands, one had K2 (mk7) and Vit A all together.
Our face got very red. High pulse. Didn't caught my breathing. Abdominal pain. Thirsty. Lesions on the skin. More peeing. Tremors for few days even. I had to go to emergency ( it was closed haha). On my way, I had lots of air, from the window ( car). And got little better. I really felt a cold substante on my bloodstream for days. Please, would have ideas what I may need? Thank you.
My daughter D3 blood test was low.

Last edited:

Kingpinguin

My daughter and myself had kind of reactions to Vit D3 liquid. I tried 3 different brands, one had K2 (mk7) and Vit A all together.
Our face got very red. High pulse. Didn't caught my breathing. Abdominal pain. Thirsty. Lesions on the skin. More peeing. Tremors for few days even. I had to go to emergency ( it was closed haha). On my way, I had lots of air, from the window ( car). And got little better. I really felt a cold substante on my bloodstream for days. Please, would have ideas what I may need? Thank you.

Your daughter has same reaction? Agitation, anxiety, high pulse etc can be normal from vitamin D supplements. Vitamin D depletes magnesium which is relaxing for the body. Also vitamin D does not work properly unless you supply enough magnesium. So taking a high dose magnesium supplement usually fully reversed or gets rid of your symptoms. What dose is your vitamin D in terms of IU? I would aim for a lower dose and then add in magnesium with it and see how that works. Google magnesium and vitamin D and you will get tons and tons of info on it. But vitamin D is a hormone so taking larger doses is not always the best. 2000 IU daily with magnesium should be enough

OP
K

Katia

Thanks Kingpinguin. I appreciate.

My daughter had almost the same reactions. I had 1.000 UI a day and my daughter, 500 UI.
Do you know if these symptoms are hypercalcemia?

Last edited:

Kingpinguin

Thanks Kingpinguin. I appreciate.

My daughter had almost the same reactions. I had 1.000 UI a day and my daughter, 500 UI.
Do you know if these symptoms are hypercalcemia?

It sounds like hypercalcemia. I myself have experienced it from excess vitamin D but 500-1000 does not sound like a dose that would be able to cause hypercalcemia specially if you are deficient. If you already have high levels of vitamin D then that dose could cause symptoms to occur. Anyway maybe not using vitamin D is your best option. Both magnesium and another mineral called boron has been shown to increase natural vitamin D synthesis. Combine it with sun exposure and eating foods with natural vitamin D like egg yolks, fatty fish from time to time would likely be a better option. Vitamin D is as you likely know it a hormone and not a mineral and it has powerful effects on your body so better to try let the body regulate it itself.

Vinero

I had exactly the same experience with vitamin D. I consider vitamin D just as toxic as vitamin A.