D-Limonene Experiences

Ras

Alpha-cedrene/juniperus virginia

Rosemary (high camphor /just like adamatine)

Bergamot with aromatase inhibitor bergapten

Vetiver, clary sage, atlas cedar, pine,
All topically, systemically or inhaled. Every application offers benefits.

Farnesol, Beta-Ionone, phytol.

Don’t get me started about terpenoids in mushrooms.

Spearmint! Heavenly scent and taste.

Lemonoil above all. I drink my wine with it.
I'd like to read your thoughts and data on all these oils in a separate thread.

Sativa

just look up terpenes and you'll learn all you want to know! Aromatherapy or alternatively, Canna-aromatherapy...
eg
Marijuana terpenes and their effects - Alchimia blog

Limomene & Pinene are anti nausea
via their action on the 5-HT3 receptor.
Myrcene is an indirect opioid.
Pinene & Eucalyptol (aka 1,8 cineole) are acetylcholine-esterase inhibitors.
Linalool is a GABA modulator, possibly estrogenic btw.
Beta-Caryophyllene is full activator of the CB2 cannabinoid receptor.
Bisabolol is a fantastic sedative and relaxant.
Humulene is...

<there are at least 100 terpenes each with unique properties and mechanisms of action - great toolkit>

Last edited:

Inaut

At this point I’m only comfortable with using lemon and orange oils without concern for the estrogenic effects.

Lemon oil is more energizing while orange is more sedating/chill. Before gym, after gym stuff :)

Imo

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Does it feel like an androgenic based libido or possibly estrogen or some other cause? Just curious after seeing the studs that it inhibits 5-ar

I am not sure if it is androgenic. I do not feel the sense of power and confidence that comes with it...more of like if I see a pretty woman, instead of my excitement being like a 3-4 it's like a 7 and it surprises me.

LeeLemonoil

I'd like to read your thoughts and data on all these oils in a separate thread.

No time to go into great details for the time being, but you can either search the Pubmed for every mentioned oil or terpene and get dozens of studies that hint at incredible and various potential health benefits or search the net for already processed infos in a more populistisch way as there are numerous on EOs. I prefer the raw dara myself though.

Frankincense is another gem not mentioned here before

Inaut

good hints at terpenoids in mushrooms btw :) SO many benefits----especially sexual from my experience

Inaut

Just saw something on limonene+ vitamin d3.... to get the gallbladder working again....

Some d3 drops in water, then add a couple drops of limonene to emulsify the d..... very interesting actually because I use limonene now to increase absorption of other supps (including d)

Passing it on

japanesedude

I think this stuff very interesting.
been taking Jarrow brand two caps per day for two weeks.
I get sleepy even if I take it with a cup of coffee. could be useful for sleepaid.
also I'm not sure I have GERD or not but it prevents heartburn from drink coffee with sugar

LeeLemonoil

Cool new research on Limo

Effects of lemon essential oil and limonene on the progress of early caries: An in vitro study. - PubMed - NCBI

CONCLUSIONS: LEO and LIM have influence on the progress of dentin early caries, which can stabilize its structure by inhibiting collagen degradation. Meanwhile, these medicines may provide a new drug choice for the prevention and treatment of early root caries.

Neuroprotective effects of limonene (+) against Aβ42-induced neurotoxicity in a Drosophila model of Alzheimer's disease. - PubMed - NCBI

Extraction of essential oil from Citrus reticulate Blanco peel and its antibacterial activity against Cutibacterium acnes (formerly Propionibacterium... - PubMed - NCBI

Dave Clark

I've always been attracted to rosemary and rosemary oil but stayed away from it due to non Peat sentiments (with regards to it's oils). I may behave to dust it off and delve back in...
I have read that rosemary can remove viruses that block the vitamin d receptor (VDR), and sage was mentioned as well. There is a lot to like with rosemary for all kinds of health benefits, although you just can't overdo it.

Mauritio

Limonene studies that haven't been posted to my knowledge :

Antifibrotic effects of D-limonene (5(1-methyl-4-[1-methylethenyl]) cyclohexane) in CCl4 induced liver toxicity in Wistar rats. - PubMed - NCBI
"D-Limonene possesses potent antifibrotic effect..."

Preventive and ameliorating effects of citrus D-limonene on dyslipidemia and hyperglycemia in mice with high-fat diet-induced obesity. - PubMed - NCBI
"In the preventive treatment, d-limonene decreased the size of white and brown adipocytes, lowered serum triglyceride (TG) and fasting blood glucose levels, and prevented liver lipid accumulations in high-fat diet-fed C57BL/6 mice. In the therapeutic treatment, d-limonene reduced serum TG, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-c) and fasting blood glucose levels and glucose tolerance, and increased serum high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-c) in obese mice."

Weight loss effect of sweet orange essential oil microcapsules on obese SD rats induced by high-fat diet. - PubMed - NCBI
In order to evaluate the weight loss effect of SOEO microcapsules and investigate the underlying mechanism, we fed high-fat diet-induced obese SD rats with SOEO microcapsules for 15 days and found that SOEO microcapsules reduced body weight gain by 41.4%, decreased total cholesterol level, alleviated liver and adipose tissue pathological alteration. The results of fluorescence quantitative PCR revealed that decreasing the expression of peroxisome proliferators-activated receptor-γ, upregulating of uncoupling protein 2, hormone sensitive lipase and carnitine palmitoyltransferase I, inhibiting the expression of acetyl-CoA carboxylase appear to be the mechanism of SOEO microcapsules to lose weight

d-limonene exhibits antitumor activity by inducing autophagy and apoptosis in lung cancer

Last edited:

Mauritio

Could I take D-limonene or at least orange oil topically to avoid intestinal irritation ? Has someon tried that?

Mauritio

I have found this study and it seems to be equally as effective as oral orange oil/ d limonene consumption . It might even have more systemic effects like that .
I am just concerned as I was taking it mainly for liver health so I dont know how effective that is via topical application...

Safety and Feasibility of Topical Application of Limonene as a Massage Oil to the Breast
The mouse disposition study showed that topical and oral orange oil administration resulted in similar mammary tissue disposition of limonene with no clinical signs of toxicity. In the clinical study, the topical application of limonene containing massage oil to the breast was found to be safe with high levels of usage compliance for daily application, although NAF and plasma limonene concentrations were not significantly changed after the massage oil application.

But the study said that :"
Limonene levels in the mammary tissue were significantly higher than those in matched plasma; on average 1000-fold higher (Ps < 0.05)."
So if you want a certain tissue to get 1000fold increase in limonene you can just apply it topically there.
I will try to apply it topically over my liver.

Ingenol

Limonene seems to cause me heartburn, strangely usually 2-3 hours after taking it.