Cyprophetadine Give Another Try. Its Amazing!

GreekDemiGod

My general anxiety and topical ocd anxiety is reduced 95%. Very small doses of cypro can still make a huge difference in blocking and down regulating 5ht2a.
I could benefit in those aspects greatly. Is 5ht2a related to anxiety in any way.
I did got hit last night with a slight gloomy feeling, seems gone in the morning after. No sedation yet.

aguineapig

Yeah the 5ht2a receptor highly implicated in depression, anxiety/OCD, suicidality, etc.

It's unique, because I guess agonism OR antagonism down regulates it? Anyway, lots of useful pharmaceuticals block them. Cypro being one of the safest.

mrchibbs

Yeah the 5ht2a receptor highly implicated in depression, anxiety/OCD, suicidality, etc.

It's unique, because I guess agonism OR antagonism down regulates it? Anyway, lots of useful pharmaceuticals block them. Cypro being one of the safest.

And you only need a small amount of cypro (0.5mg-1mg) for the serotonin blocking effects.
Larger doses have been helpful for other things, like hyperandrogegism, Cushing's disease and cancer.

aguineapig

And you only need a small amount of cypro (0.5mg-1mg) for the serotonin blocking effects.
Larger doses have been helpful for other things, like hyperandrogegism, Cushing's disease and cancer.

Absolutely. Peat even mentioned using as little as as tenth of a milligram. He felt that the longer he took it the less maintenance dose was required.

Of course it's just about always the most prudent thing to use the lowest dose needed to achieve desired effect. I do take 1mg now because I have an RX and it's cheap, and I was struggling seriously over the winter. But that's about as large a dose as I'd take unless severe circumstances.

mrchibbs

Absolutely. Peat even mentioned using as little as as tenth of a milligram. He felt that the longer he took it the less maintenance dose was required.

Of course it's just about always the most prudent thing to use the lowest dose needed to achieve desired effect. I do take 1mg now because I have an RX and it's cheap, and I was struggling seriously over the winter. But that's about as large a dose as I'd take unless severe circumstances.

Do you remember when Ray talked about this?
I took larger doses when I had extreme breathing difficulties/GI tract/hypercortisolism and it was incredibly helpful, but it did send me into a profound torpor.
I haven't been taking it for several months, but will start again, if only because I do need some help against allergies in the summer, typically they trigger respiratory issues.

GreekDemiGod

It's my 3rd day on Cypro, been taking 1-1.5mg / day and yet to feel anything drastic. No sedation, no nothing. No changes in digestion. Should I wait or increase dose?
This morning something was different though. I woke up a bit dozy, like I've only slept 4hrs instead of the 7hrs I did sleep.
Also feeling a bit mellow today, just lying around and relaxing.

Perhaps the fact that I'm taking thyroid supports my energy levels, but still, I would expect digestive and mental changes.

mrchibbs

Bro, its not a miracle cure for all your ailments. Stick with 1mg long term and see where that leads you. Be patient
It's my 3rd day on Cypro, been taking 1-1.5mg / day and yet to feel anything drastic. No sedation, no nothing. No changes in digestion. Should I wait or increase dose?
This morning something was different though. I woke up a bit dozy, like I've only slept 4hrs instead of the 7hrs I did sleep.

Perhaps the fact that I'm taking thyroid supports my energy levels, but still, I would expect digestive and mental changes.

GenericName86

Bro, its not a miracle cure for all your ailments. Stick with 1mg long term and see where that leads you. Be patient

Is there a chance that long term use can cause up-regulation of 5-HT receptors? I know some receptors can behave like what when an antagonist is used. I have some cypro (Periactin) here and have used only a handful of times, would like to use it more often.

aguineapig

Is there a chance that long term use can cause up-regulation of 5-HT receptors? I know some receptors can behave like what when an antagonist is used. I have some cypro (Periactin) here and have used only a handful of times, would like to use it more often.

It's kind of a complex picture. The 5ht2a receptors shouldn't upregulate as I mentioned earlier in the thread. Also, you have the 5ht1a receptors, which isn't a problem to proliferate because it's a negative feedback receptor. You want them to be present and with adequate sensitivity in order to act as a shut off if there is more extracellular serotonin than desirable.

As to the the rest of the serotonin receptors I'm really not sure, and it's probably extremely complex.

GenericName86

It's kind of a complex picture. The 5ht2a receptors shouldn't upregulate as I mentioned earlier in the thread. Also, you have the 5ht1a receptors, which isn't a problem to proliferate because it's a negative feedback receptor. You want them to be present and with adequate sensitivity in order to act as a shut off if there is more extracellular serotonin than desirable.

As to the the rest of the serotonin receptors I'm really not sure, and it's probably extremely complex.

I must of missed your post, thanks for the response.

So 5ht2a doesn't get upregulated in general or just not from cypro being an antagonist?

aguineapig

I must of missed your post, thanks for the response.

So 5ht2a doesn't get upregulated in general or just not from cypro being an antagonist?

High levels of either agonists or antagonists down regulates, I guess. SSRIs down regulate them by flooding the brain with Serotonin by stopping SERT from clearing it. The problem is that that takes at least a month, up to three months. And the agonism in the meantime is catastrophic for certain people. So down regulating with an antagonist is much better.

japanesedude

Arnold Grape

Why are you not supposed to take Cypro for extended periods of time? Is this different if you take a smaller dosage, less frequently?

aguineapig

I've taken it for 4 of the last 5 years at low dose. You want to keep an eye on your liver enzymes but mine were fine. It's not ideal but life has been unremitting for a long time, so I've got to do what I can.

Arnold Grape

Huh. —I am going to roll with it at .5 mg every 1.5 or 2 days. I have noticed when I take it without sufficient fuel it is problematic. I also notice a fairly significant joint ache when I have more than that. I do believe OP is onto something and this stuff is gangbusters for hair quality.

Ableton

no changes in anxiety levels?
basically, cypro knocked me out the first days making it impossible to "enjoy" the benefits (less stress mostly, but also more hunger and the ability to digest anything)
after days that faded (in fact I am wondering if my energy levels might have risen) and I could. Living on this drug feels a bit like cruising through life. Emotions are flattened, which is partly good, partly bad

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals