Cyproheptadine

Jing

How much cyproheptadine is safe daily? It's not for me for someone else, they have poor sleep really bad appetite to the point they literally will eat nothing all the time and anxiety depression mainly being used for sleep and appetite , 4mg daily isn't doing much for appetite but is helping with sleep a little . Cyproheptadine Dosage Guide with Precautions - Drugs.com this website is saying up to 32mg?? I can't imagine taking that much lol but is say 8mg daily safe?

Jessie

The issue with dosages higher then 4mg is cypro can antagonize dopamine, making you feel like s**t. 4mgs and under will provide a potent serotonin suppression without bothering dopamine much.

I find 2mgs spread out into four 0.5mg doses is the best and most effective. Four 1mg doses is probably even more powerful. Cypro tends to lower blood pressure, and could possibly give you a headache, particularly in higher doses.

If you're going to experiment with high dosages I recommend taking a dopamine booster with it. Caffeine being one of the most powerful in my experience.

GutFeeling

The usual dose is 4mg 3 times a day

Its a very old and safe drug, the last thing you should worry on taking cypro is dopamine.

mrchibbs

Ray recommends just 0.5mg or 1mg per day. I think you don't need to take more than that in most circumstances.

OP
J

Jing

Ray recommends just 0.5mg or 1mg per day. I think you don't need to take more than that in most circumstances.
The person taking it isn't even getting much appetite increase on 4mg. The thing is I know taking it at higher doses might not be so good but tbh this situation is quite serious like this person will literally have like 500 calories a day if that sometimes

redsun

The person taking it isn't even getting much appetite increase on 4mg. The thing is I know taking it at higher doses might not be so good but tbh this situation is quite serious like this person will literally have like 500 calories a day if that sometimes

If they are eating like that is a severe problem. Could be general B vitamin lacking, especially B1, B12, folate, zinc deficiency. Regardless, if they eat 500 calories only thats a serious problem that needs to be remedied quickly as in they need to go to a doctor.

Don't know why they haven't already. The doctors can try other things to get the appetite up or test for nutritional deficiencies which will treat the underlying problem. They should not be sitting on their hands until they turn into a literal stick.

OP
J

Jing

If they are eating like that is a severe problem. Could be general B vitamin lacking, especially B1, B12, folate, zinc deficiency. Regardless, if they eat 500 calories only thats a serious problem that needs to be remedied quickly as in they need to go to a doctor.

Don't know why they haven't already. The doctors can try other things to get the appetite up or test for nutritional deficiencies which will treat the underlying problem. They should not be sitting on their hands until they turn into a literal stick.
They have already been going doctors for over ten years doctors never do anything but prescripe antidepressants.

redsun

They have already been going doctors for over ten years doctors never do anything but prescripe antidepressants.

I find that hard to believe. Didnt even test nutritional deficiencies or something?

Anyways, I would try B complex, vitamin C, zinc, copper, easy and tasty foods with all macros as well as whatever medication that helps their appetite rise. Last resort, methionine can lower histamine and potentially raise the appetite.

OP
J

Jing

I find that hard to believe. Didnt even test nutritional deficiencies or something?

Anyways, I would try B complex, vitamin C, zinc, copper, easy and tasty foods with all macros as well as whatever medication that helps their appetite rise. Last resort, methionine can lower histamine and potentially raise the appetite.
It's true lol doctors are useless I've had the same experience with them, I will literally ask for blood tests to test for vitamin deficiencies and they just refuse to do them I eventually get them but it's take lots of arguing and just going back constantly .

I don't think it's anything to do with vitamins I've been the same in the past and vitamin or mineral never helped me tbh I still do kind of suffer with appetite vitamins and minerals have never helped me .

equipoise

It's true lol doctors are useless I've had the same experience with them, I will literally ask for blood tests to test for vitamin deficiencies and they just refuse to do them I eventually get them but it's take lots of arguing and just going back constantly .

I don't think it's anything to do with vitamins I've been the same in the past and vitamin or mineral never helped me tbh I still do kind of suffer with appetite vitamins and minerals have never helped me .

Definitely have to manipulate your way through in order to get what you want with conventional medicine. Using the hand you've been dealt with.

redsun

B vitamins and minerals cannot switch the appetite back on suddenly to help a person prone to anorexia because a big part of it is due to too high brain histamine. It doesnt lower that quickly. B vitamins (B2, B6, B12 mainly, avoid folate), zinc, copper, magnesium would increase methylation and lower brain histamine which is metabolized by SAM-e via HMNT by recycling methionine.

Oftentimes to really help bad cases methionine or SAM-e has to be given.

equipoise

B vitamins and minerals cannot switch the appetite back on suddenly to help a person prone to anorexia because a big part of it is due to too high brain histamine. It doesnt lower that quickly. B vitamins (B2, B6, B12 mainly, avoid folate), zinc, copper, magnesium would increase methylation and lower brain histamine which is metabolized by SAM-e via HMNT by recycling methionine.

Brain histamine...brain histamine. I high have a manifestation of bursts of high histamine - as in bodily sensations that come and go and render me completely useless for the next couple of hours. I'm talking congested sinus, having to mouth breath.

In the past this has been a subject of great despair to me.

Buteyko breatahing helps a ton for when this happens. Co2 is crucial here but there's a catch 22 going on.

You can't breathe because you're congested and you're congested because of the low CO2 going through. The CO2 is low because there's been a malfunction in the first place.
The estrogen and serotonin jumps up through random glutamate spike which spikes my cortisol aswell. That and an overraction to the hay fever.

OP
J

Jing

Ok, what about obsessive thoughts? They also worry loads about just anything bad thoughts just pop on this person's head and don't go away.

redsun

Brain histamine...brain histamine. I high have a manifestation of bursts of high histamine - as in bodily sensations that come and go and render me completely useless for the next couple of hours. I'm talking congested sinus, having to mouth breath.

Buteyko breatahing helps a ton for when this happens. Co2 is crucial here but there's a catch 22 going on.

You can't breathe because you're congested and you're congested because of the low CO2 going through. The CO2 is low because there's been a malfunction in the first place.
The estrogen and serotonin jumps up through random glutamate spike which spikes my cortisol aswell. That and an overraction to the hay fever.

Buteyko does not solve the underlying cause. You are a histadelic especially since you mention your propensity for hay fever, all you need to do is lower it and do not try to manipulate natural breathing patterns. It has nothing to do with CO2.
Ok, what about obsessive thoughts? They also worry loads about just anything bad thoughts just pop on this person's head and don't go away.

Part of high histamine symptoms. So lowering it as advised will treat that as well.

Jessie

I wouldn't just blow off the idea of decreased dopamine, that could end up making the depression worse.

outcast1979

Reducing estrogen or decrease cortizol what you suggest to fix the problem.Is inhibition of glutamate via gabba can solve this,i ask this cause i have those problems.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals