Cyproheptadine With LSD

Hi, I am wondering whether anyone has ever taken cyproheptadine while taking LSD, or vice-versa. It looks like it would abort the effects, but possibly enhance them. Thanks! If anyone decides to go out and try this, please start with very little, such as a quarter milligram and a few dozen micrograms.

Curt :-)

Why do you think it would abort the effects? Aren't they both serotonin antagonists?

OP
S
LSD is not an antagonist, more like a competitor I guess... Cyproheptadine blocks a few important "receptors" for LSD but it also occupies the serotonin transporter although it's hard to find two sources who say the same thing.

Curt :-)

True; I keep seeing stuf that says conflicting information.

I've wondered wether a decent dose of LSD on occasion would be less or more effective than daily use of cypro, tianeptine etc.

miko

LSD is 5-HT2a agonist, and cyproheptadine is 5-HT2a antagonist - this would results in opposite effects. 5-HT2a antagonist cancel halucinogenic effects of LSD.

Agonism of 5-HT2a receptors result in dopamine release.

johnwester130

Hi, I am wondering whether anyone has ever taken cyproheptadine while taking LSD, or vice-versa. It looks like it would abort the effects, but possibly enhance them. Thanks! If anyone decides to go out and try this, please start with very little, such as a quarter milligram and a few dozen micrograms.

did it once

just felt tired and fell asleep - that's it