Cyproheptadine Vs Mirtazapine For Cortisol

Willow86

I have been struggling with high cortisol for as long as I can remember & trying to work out which of these two medications are better at lowering it? I had a ACTH stimulation test done by an endocrinologist a few months back following a high cortisol blood test for suspected cushings but was within range high normal & wasn't givin anything to help lower it, I'm just at my wits end with this, I don't sleep well at all & just feel constantly on edge, my mind is racing 100 miles per hour, can anyone give me some input or advice, would be greatly appreciated

ddjd

Gonadin and Lapodin are very effective at reducing cortisol.

yoshiesque

so i have severe ADHD and chronic fatigue from high cortisol (most likely, as my urine cortisol was very high).

I can say to you that you definitely need to also address the psychological side. you may just be very bad at relaxing (which is me). im so use to being hyper, rushed, on edge and just all out crazy like im on drugs and alcohol even though i dont touch either. so learning to do relaxation exercises and getting good at it over time (ull suck at first) is key.

diet related - about 2-4 teaspoons salt spread out throughout day in gelatin/milk has been most beneficial. and sugar/fruit consumed with protein rich foods. i avoid starches coz its too fast release. also caffeine in small amounts spread out throughout day with meals helps. salt though has been my biggest benefit.