Cyproheptadine Very Strange Side Effects

Astolfo

Guys, please help.

I already have PSSD. This night, I had take 4 mg cyproheptadine before I went to the bed. Now, 2 hours later, I feel terrible.

Extreme lightheadness

I have to sit somewhere. My eyes going blind if I stand up.

My heart racing

Extreme shivering

Kartoffel

Guys, please help.

I already have PSSD. This night, I had take 4 mg cyproheptadine before I went to the bed. Now, 2 hours later, I feel terrible.

Extreme lightheadness

I have to sit somewhere. My eyes going blind if I stand up.

My heart racing

Extreme shivering

Hypoglycemia. Drink some orange juice or eat something sweet. Some salt should help, too. 4mcg is a lot for a single dose, especially, if it was your first one.

OP
A

Astolfo

Hypoglycemia. Drink some orange juice or eat something sweet. Some salt should help, too. 4mcg is a lot for a single dose, especially, if it was your first one.

Thanks so much. It pretty much disappeated now.

It was like a hell. I wasn’t even able to eat or drink anything, there was a pain on my chest( more specifically, the ending of the throat).

Also taste and touch senses are were disturbed so much.

What’s the mechanism behind these? I had thought that I caused a serious brain damage, as I already having problems with some neurotransmitters.

OP
A

Astolfo

I got some anxiety and stress problems today. Also some cognitive impairment effects remained, but I guess they because of the antidopaminergic function of cypro.

Really, Had anyone experienced this before? I’m pretty *****, I’m not denying it, but Is there anything should I worry for brain damage or diabete?

OP
A

Astolfo

It’s worrying me that no one don't write a message. Any comment?

Is your thyroid good? Cypro lowers your stress hormones a lot and without proper thyroid function, you will probably feel really bad( since the stress hormones compensate for a lack of thyroid hormones). If you don't have access to a good t3/t4 supplement, maybe finding a small farmer who is willing to sell you just the neck of a chicken or maybe buying a whole fish( where the thyroid is) and make a soup out of that will be a good option. Other than that, upping the sodium intake and also your sugar intake, as Kartoffel suggested, will help. Make sure to eat enough calories (while keeping PUFA low). That should help. If the dopamine antagonism is too noticeable, then using some bromocriptine along with cypro can have good effects. Taurine also increases dopamine.

aguilaroja

... 4 mg cyproheptadine before... bed. Now, 2 hours later, I feel terrible.
Extreme lightheadness
...My heart racing
...Extreme shivering
Most of what you described is consistent with anticholinergic side effects of cyproheptadine. The duration (half-life) of cyproheptadine is fairly long. But most side effects would be expected to fade overnight, and generally "wash out" completely within a few days or less.
Cyproheptadine - Wikipedia

I posted how I couldn’t take 1mg of cypro without being hugely tired and dragged down and non-functional. Now I can.

I had 4mg last night, no real issue at all. That is because my metabolism is better and my thyroid is better (I’m taking T4 and T3) and I have much better gut health than I ever have. It all makes a big difference.

In an interview I heard recently (not a new interview but new to me) Dr. Peat says two separate doses of 4mg of cypro can build up and then you can get by with 1mg or even less per dose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals