Cyproheptadine Source In Canada?

TheHound

I've been getting my cyproheptadine otc at the drug store here but it's kind of expensive. $35 for a bottle of 100 4mg tablets. anybody have an online source that ships to Canada for a better price?

EndAllDisease

How can you get it over the counter?? What band and name is it under, would love to try it?

Koveras

Cyproheptadine is legal OTC in Canada although I have not found any stores that stocked it.

Many pharmacists were confused about it but some are willing to order it in for you. The brand I've seen ordered in is simply called "Euro Cyproheptadine"

Orion

This what I got from a Shoppers Drug Mart OTC, ordered in took one day - $30
20160221_175447.jpg

lostpuppy

I'm also looking for a source for this in Canada, I use to buy it off well.ca but it is discontinued on their site it was the "Euro-Cyproheptadine" brand. Do you know if all the shoppers carry this?

Penelope_

Does anyone know if I can still get this OTC in Canada? I’ve tried a rexall, one shoppers drug mart and one pharmacy inside a loblaws. But no one has heard of it apparently??

Orion

Does anyone know if I can still get this OTC in Canada? I’ve tried a rexall, one shoppers drug mart and one pharmacy inside a loblaws. But no one has heard of it apparently??

It's called Periactin, ask for that.

retroactive

My price on cypro in canada just went from $34 per bottle to $124 per bottle at my local pharmacy. Ouch. Need a new source

ilovethesea

My price on cypro in canada just went from $34 per bottle to $124 per bottle at my local pharmacy. Ouch. Need a new source
Just experienced this too. :( Used to always get it from behind the counter at Shoppers. There was both tablets and a syrup. Pharmacist just told me that everything has been discontinued except for one brand and yes it's $100+ now. I think it's the Pharma Science one (I'm waiting to get it as they had to place a special order).

Not a good sign... I wonder if they're planning to make it prescription only??

johnsmith

I’m having the same issue. Did you manage to find a cheaper source?

@retroactive @ilovethesea
Cosco told me a month ago that they had a bottle of it for $90.

I haven't had any luck finding an online source in tablet form that ships to Canada. I've been giving my alcoholic buddy small chunks of cypro tablets for several months and he's been abosultely loving it, but I need to keep all my remaining tablets to myself now, because they're so rare and valuable now. I ordered him a bottle of Idealabs liquid cypro instead.

Last edited:
Damn that's bad news. I had heard it had become harder to source in Canada.

I still have a bottle of the pharma science brand that I bought in BC in 2016. Expired in 2018 but surprisingly still gives me those good cypro effects!

ilovethesea

Shoppers Drug Mart still has it in Ontario but the price has gone way up... around $200 a bottle. They only sell the one brand now - JAMP 4mg tablets. You have to do a special order with the pharmacist as they don’t keep it in stock.

retroactive

My Costco didn’t have it and said it doesn’t look like they’ll be stocking it again :(
that sucks. its not usually stocked as far as I've found but they will order it in specially. I've heard there is only 1 manufacturer now in Canada (maybe north america?) so they have decided to increase the price. I'd doubt that they will stop making it at all since it is used for serotonin syndrome

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals