Cyproheptadine Safety

LUH 3417

Been using large doses to help someone suffering from withdrawl from opioids.

Has been helping him a lot reduce the symptoms of serotonin syndrome. I am worried about withdrawal. Its been 7 days. Started him off on about 2-4mg a day along with other anti-serotonin and pro metabolism supps (lisuride, glycine, b-vitamins, vit A, etc)

Past 2 days have had him on a much higher dosage (24mg) and it has really helped alleviate his symptoms. This dose was based on a small study where 2 doses or 12mg of cypro were used to treat patients suffering from serotonin syndrome.

Last time his detox he went cold turkey and it took him two weeks but he suffered everyday. Could not eat, sleep nothing. Now he has not felt 100% but he has been more or less functional.

Anyone have any thoughts on this dose? The plan is not to have him on a dose this high for more than a week by which time most other withdrawal symptoms will have subsided and he can be weaned off cypro.

I'm also giving him multiple other supps you can read more about it here if you're interested.

Opioid Addicition Recovery Plan
From personal experience I took 28mg of cypro a day for two weeks and had no withdrawal issues although I’ve only ever been addicted to nicotine

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals