Cyproheptadine No Effect On Me

Willow86

So I recently purchased cyproheptadine from an online pharmacy, I took half a pill 2mg at 1pm no effect 3 hours in decided to take another 2mg, still nothing, then I took another full pill 4mg around 2 hours later, no effect whatsoever, am I immune to the drug or something the way it is noted on this forum is it should knock me out as its a strong sedative? The only thing I can think is the expiry date on the box says 11/2018, could this be the issue, as I'm pretty disappointed with the high expectations I had for cyproheptadine, any ideas? Brand is Periactin by Auden Mckenzie

Pointless

I'm not sedated by Cyproheptadine, but it does slow bowel transit for me. I've also experienced sleep of 12-13 hours even if it didn't make me tired initially. I would be a bit more cautious with your experiment because the effects can be pretty strong even if you're not initially sedated.

OP
W

Willow86

Thanks for the reply, I don't know I must either have extremely high cortisol or I have a bad batch, I went on to try 12mg, no effect, will by a different brand next time I think

Peater

2mg (Half a 4mg tablet) is enough to make me sleepy at night so it could be a bad batch. Hard to think why anyone would counterfeit antihistamines though

Waynish

So I recently purchased cyproheptadine from an online pharmacy, I took half a pill 2mg at 1pm no effect 3 hours in decided to take another 2mg, still nothing, then I took another full pill 4mg around 2 hours later, no effect whatsoever, am I immune to the drug or something the way it is noted on this forum is it should knock me out as its a strong sedative? The only thing I can think is the expiry date on the box says 11/2018, could this be the issue, as I'm pretty disappointed with the high expectations I had for cyproheptadine, any ideas? Brand is Periactin by Auden Mckenzie

Might as well try the certifiable cyproheptadine available from Idea Labs DC. And if that doesn't have an effect, then we should study you! :)

OP
W

Willow86

Yea it's strange that I'm not getting the effect I had hoped for (reduced cortisol levels) I'm extremely anxious person and thought this would do the trick to calm me down, il definitely have a look online for a different brand as I'm convinced it has something to do with the expiry date

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals