Cyproheptadine, LSD-based Drugs Can Regenerate Damaged Liver

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: Cyproheptadine, LSD-based drugs can regenerate damaged l

khan said:
Is it fine to take lisuride in the morning like 9 Am and cyproheptadine in the evening at 9 Pm? or it is hard on the body, any interaction involved?
Not sure if this was discussed in this thread but it has been mentioned that reverse would be optimal. Cypro in the morning and lisuride at night.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

khan said:
Thanks for the answers, Is it possible to take aspirin with lisuride? Have you got any slight visual hallucination on lisuride. I think I just got an experience of visual hallucination and it lasted for about half an hour.
I took aspirin while taking lisuride. I never had any hallucinations from lisuride though. I didn't think lisuride could cause hallucinations. I thought the molecular structure made that impossible. It seems like there might even be something here on the forum about that. I'll look and see what I can find.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

Charlie said:
khan said:
Is it fine to take lisuride in the morning like 9 Am and cyproheptadine in the evening at 9 Pm? or it is hard on the body, any interaction involved?
Not sure if this was discussed in this thread but it has been mentioned that reverse would be optimal. Cypro in the morning and lisuride at night.
That's good to know! I took them backwards but I was new and everything worked out fine. You learn something new everyday.

jaa

Charlie said:
khan said:

Why would the reverse be optimal?

I've never taken lisuride, but even low-dose lsd will keep me awake for ~8hrs. Whereas cypro makes me drowsy and knocks me out.

narouz

jaa said:
Charlie said:
khan said:

Why would the reverse be optimal?

I've never taken lisuride, but even low-dose lsd will keep me awake for ~8hrs. Whereas cypro makes me drowsy and knocks me out.

Just a tiny dose of lisuride makes me very lethargic/sleepy.
I think that's a common effect.
On the other hand, for some it makes them feel super energized and libido-cized.

BrianF

Niacinamide elevates liver enzymes probably due its methionine depletion properties, which btw should make it a longevity drug given lifespan extension using methionine depletion. The top 3 for me would be cypro, lisuride, and ritanserin. Here is some info on the last one, which also seems to have dopaminergic qualities as well.

The 5-HT2 antagonist ritanserin blocks dopamine re-uptake in the rat frontal cortex. - PubMed - NCBI
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 7/abstract

I'm not asking for direct advice to use Cypro, but my GF is pregnant and has longstanding gut issues, has blood test markers that indicate elevated serotonin and inflammation. Are there any known side-effects of Cypro that would make it unsuitable for use during pregnancy?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm not asking for direct advice to use Cypro, but my GF is pregnant and has longstanding gut issues, has blood test markers that indicate elevated serotonin and inflammation. Are there any known side-effects of Cypro that would make it unsuitable for use during pregnancy?

Cyproheptadine was developed for children and is pretty safe in doses under 4mg daily. But of course, if she is pregnant I would ask a doctor first. Doctors usually are pretty trigger-happy to prescribe high dose ondanstetron (Zofran, Emeset) for nausea in pregnant women and at the 4mg - 8mg doses it is much more dangerous for pregnant women than the 1mg - 2mg cypro. Many doctors like ondansetron because it is still patented and very expensive so they charge a lot for it. Cypro is generic and out of patent and makes no money for the doctor. That may change soon if some company pays for a clinical trials that shows cypro is effective for say autism (which studies show it might be).

M

marikay

Can you show me where this is discussed on the forum? I was very much under the impression that Cypro is to be taken before bedtime. I guess taking lisuride at the same time changes things? Thanks Charlie

Parsifal

Cyproheptadine was developed for children and is pretty safe in doses under 4mg daily. But of course, if she is pregnant I would ask a doctor first. Doctors usually are pretty trigger-happy to prescribe high dose ondanstetron (Zofran, Emeset) for nausea in pregnant women and at the 4mg - 8mg doses it is much more dangerous for pregnant women than the 1mg - 2mg cypro. Many doctors like ondansetron because it is still patented and very expensive so they charge a lot for it. Cypro is generic and out of patent and makes no money for the doctor. That may change soon if some company pays for a clinical trials that shows cypro is effective for say autism (which studies show it might be).
Do you know if things like BCAA could have the same effect?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Texon

Thanks for posting this haidut. I've personally had great results from both cyproheptadine and lisuride. In an ideal situation one may not need such interventions but my context was anything but ideal and I have found them both to be instrumental in restoring my health! Thanks for adding further evidence to back this up. There's the ideal world and the real world, I'm living in the real world and needed all the help I could get!
May I ask how did cyproheptadine help you specifically?

bruschi11

@haidut I'm realizing I'm going to probably want to use a metergoline, ritanserin, cypro type drug long term to control cortisol's release to stress.

I am a PFS guy and without a drug I am literally in the worst possible depression a human being could imagine. Simply cannot live or function. I'm not quitting though.

My biggest issue is the fact that these are antihistamines and I am originally low in histamine. My histamine levels are below range. These drugs all absolutely demolish an already severely struggling libido.

Are there any drugs out there that you would say are clean like this that could function like these but not deplete histamine? Also maybe I could just stay on these and possibly find a route to raising histamine substantially?

bruschi11

Realizing how important histidine/histamine are for PFS. Don't think in my case its possible to make progress with an anti-histamine as my antidepressant.

Really looking for a similar acting antidepressant that does not touch histamine and is not toxic. If there are any out there that you could possibly recommend @haidut I'd truly appreciate it. I don't think there is any way out of this for me if I can't contain the brain, but cleaning the body is just as important.

InChristAlone

I know some people here reported that they got elevated liver enzymes from taking cyproheptadine. The same happens sometimes with niacinamide. However, simply having elevated enzymes does not mean the liver is affected negatively, as Ray has told some people over email.
That being said, a recent study examined the possibility for regenerating damaged/fibrotic/cirrhotic liver and the mechanism behind the regeneration. The study finds that serotonin is one of the likely culprits in causing liver damage, and anti-serotonin drugs can stimulate the liver to regenerate. The study talks specifically about the 5-HT2B "receptor" but in another study there was a claim that all anti-serotonin drugs have shown liver-regenerating properties. With that in mind, some of the most potent antagonists at the 5-HT2B "receptor" are cyproheptadine, lisuride, and the other LSD-derived substances.

Stimulating healthy tissue regeneration by targeting the 5-HT₂B receptor in chronic liver disease. - PubMed - NCBI

Edit (6/15/16): Low and behold, in support of the above study Pfizer is getting ready to obtain approval for the drug terguride to treat fibrosis related to systemic sclerosis. Terguride is simply a crappy, partially effective lisuride derivative. So, using plain lisuride should give the same (and maybe more) benefits at a fraction of the cost.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...ine-drugs-may-treat-systemic-sclerosis.11404/
I got my blood test back and my AST is 43 and ALT is 74 where previously they have always been low. I have been on cypro for 10 months at .5 mg. Plus about 100 mg niacinamide and very little if any caffeine for the same amount of time. Could this be why? Everything else about my CBC looks great. Cholesterol 194 HDL 42 LDL 137 trigs 75. And my health is pretty good. I don't really want to go off the cypro just based on this.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I got my blood test back and my AST is 43 and ALT is 74 where previously they have always been low. I have been on cypro for 10 months at .5 mg. Plus about 100 mg niacinamide and very little if any caffeine for the same amount of time. Could this be why? Everything else about my CBC looks great. Cholesterol 194 HDL 42 LDL 137 trigs 75. And my health is pretty good. I don't really want to go off the cypro just based on this.

Cypro can elevate liver enzymes, it is pretty common actually. Any reason you take it every day? What is the health issue you need it for?

InChristAlone

Cypro can elevate liver enzymes, it is pretty common actually. Any reason you take it every day? What is the health issue you need it for?
I was previously waking up at 3am with adrenaline, and would have some surges during the day as well. I now sleep pretty well. Maybe it is time to get off, but I'm just afraid of symptoms returning. I also live in a water damaged home, and will be moving out soon so hopefully I can get off then, I'm sure some of my symptoms are mold related. Itchy ears still.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I was previously waking up at 3am with adrenaline, and would have some surges during the day as well. I now sleep pretty well. Maybe it is time to get off, but I'm just afraid of symptoms returning. I also live in a water damaged home, and will be moving out soon so hopefully I can get off then, I'm sure some of my symptoms are mold related. Itchy ears still.

Have you tried famotidine? It seems to lower serotonin, and does not seem to raise liver enzymes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals