Cyproheptadine - Liquid Serotonin Antagonist For Lab/R&D

haidut

Forum Supporter
Due to popular demand, we have released the well-known chemical cyproheptadine as a product for R&D use only. I don't think cyproheptadine needs any introduction here, so I have simply provided the Wikipedia links and some relevant links from the forum.
Cyproheptadine - Wikipedia

Please note that similar to the products sold by companies like BluePeptides, this product if for lab/research use only. The product can be ordered from the link below:
IdeaLabs Online Store - Worldwide Ordering And Delivery - Laboratory Research Chemicals

Cyproheptadine is a first-generation antihistamine with additional anticholinergic, antiserotonergic, and local anesthetic properties. It is one of the oldest synthetic antihistamine and antiserotonin drugs, with use spanning more than 5 decades. As such, cyproheptadine is second to none in terms of known properties, risks, and dose-response effects.

Drops per container: about 360
Each drop contains the following ingredients:

Cyproheptadine (Hcl), USP: 0.5 mg

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info

References:
Blocking Serotonin Extends Lifespan By 40%, Triples Youthspan
Serotonin Antagonists Extend Lifespan, SSRI Dramatically Shorten It
Serotonin Causes Autism; Blocking It May Treat Autism
Cyproheptadine, LSD-based Drugs Can Regenerate Damaged Liver
Benadryl and cyproheptadine protect from endotoxin poisoning
Cyproheptadine - A Wonder Drug?
Cyproheptadine prevents exercise-induced leaky brain
Cyproheptadine Is Anti-inflammatory
How cyproheptadine lowers stress
Cyproheptadine May Treat Ebola Infection
Cyproheptadine as a fertility drug in old males
Cyproheptadine As A Powerful Antidepressant
Cyproheptadine Prevents / Reverses Soft Tissue Calcification
Cyproheptadine Lowers Cortisol, Endorphins, HGH, Aldosterone
Cyproheptadine Effective For Functional GI Disorders

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would this version have the same constipating effects on laboratory animal subjects as pill form cypro?

That I don't know, it remains to be seen. I think constipation from cypro is not that common and only seen in people taking high doses.

Ras

"Please, Lord Jesus, let not this thread become cluttered with murmurings and disputings about DMSO."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This cyproheptadine product is part of the new formulations that have less DMSO and so far seems to be non-irritating when applied topically. Most of the redness and itching in the skin is due to histamine/serotonin, which cyproheptadine should stop. So, the potential local irritation from this product should be really low.

InChristAlone

Wow thank-you!! I still have lots of the pills left, but I wonder if this delivery would be even better? So one drop would be .5mg which is about what I take sometimes less.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wow thank-you!! I still have lots of the pills left, but I wonder if this delivery would be even better? So one drop would be .5mg which is about what I take sometimes less.

Yes, 1 drop would be 0.5mg. Topical application may increase half life even beyond the 8 hours or oral route so I'd watch rat symptoms closely.

Tarmander

Fantastic Haidut.

I've heard rumblings that in GB they are going to start regulating against the research chemicals loop hole. Have you heard anything about America Haidut?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Fantastic Haidut.

I've heard rumblings that in GB they are going to start regulating against the research chemicals loop hole. Have you heard anything about America Haidut?

Have not heard anything yet but I would not be surprised if it happens as pharma companies revenue has been suffering lately. The problem is that it would be difficult to enforce without hurting the business of companies like Sigma Aldrich and such.

Arclight

Due to popular demand, we have released the well-known chemical cyproheptadine as a product for R&D use only. I don't think cyproheptadine needs any introduction here, so I have simply provided the Wikipedia links and some relevant links from the forum.
Cyproheptadine - Wikipedia

Please note that similar to the products sold by companies like BluePeptides, this product if for lab/research use only. The product can be ordered from the link below:
IdeaLabs Online Store - Worldwide Ordering And Delivery - Laboratory Research Chemicals

Cyproheptadine is a first-generation antihistamine with additional anticholinergic, antiserotonergic, and local anesthetic properties. It is one of the oldest synthetic antihistamine and antiserotonin drugs, with use spanning more than 5 decades. As such, cyproheptadine is second to none in terms of known properties, risks, and dose-response effects.

Units per container: about 30
Unit size: 12 drops
Each unit contains the following ingredients:

Cyproheptadine (Hcl): 6 mg

Other ingredients: DMSO, ethanol

References:
Blocking Serotonin Extends Lifespan By 40%, Triples Youthspan
Serotonin Antagonists Extend Lifespan, SSRI Dramatically Shorten It
Serotonin Causes Autism; Blocking It May Treat Autism
Cyproheptadine, LSD-based Drugs Can Regenerate Damaged Liver
Benadryl and cyproheptadine protect from endotoxin poisoning
Cyproheptadine - A Wonder Drug?
Cyproheptadine prevents exercise-induced leaky brain
Cyproheptadine Is Anti-inflammatory
How cyproheptadine lowers stress
Cyproheptadine May Treat Ebola Infection
Cyproheptadine as a fertility drug in old males
Cyproheptadine As A Powerful Antidepressant
Cyproheptadine Prevents / Reverses Soft Tissue Calcification
Cyproheptadine Lowers Cortisol, Endorphins, HGH, Aldosterone
Cyproheptadine Effective For Functional GI Disorders

@haidut , any thoughts on taking this product while on SSRI-medications? Pro's or con's`?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut , any thoughts on taking this product while on SSRI-medications? Pro's or con's`?

I would ask a doctor because cyproheptadine will probably act in a way opposite to the serotonergic properties of the SSRI drug. Most doctors seem believe that serotonin is an anti-depressant while in reality most SSRI drugs raise allopregnanolone levels in the brain and some of them are even partial serotonin antagonists. Some doctors even prescribe cyproheptadine alone as an antidepressant therapy so you can ask the doctor about maybe doing that.

thyrulian

Any feedback in terms of strength of this product in comparission to oral cypro?
Three drops topically spread throughout the day/night & my rat sleeps for hours longer on end.

Not much to report in regard to appetite or mood. Will up to 1 drop in morning, 2 in afternoon, 1 in evening, if rat be willing.

keith

@haidut, I know you could not recommend or endorse for your product to be used in this way, but theoretically speaking, are you able to share any thoughts about how effective cyproheptadine + DMSO might be as an emergency option for severe allergies such as bee stings? My wife has a bee sting allergy, but refuses to fill her epipen prescription on account of the cost. She carries a bottle of liquid benedryl with the intention of chugging it is she is ever stung. My understanding is that while it may help, the benedryl may not act fast enough in that type of situation. We have gotten conflicting information from doctors on this. Anyway, it seems like DMSO would significantly increase the absorption time, and I would think cyproheptadine would work as effectively as benedryl theoretically. Seems like it might be safer than epinephrine too. Thoughts?

DennisX

@haidut , Which of your lab chemicals do you think is the best and strongest prolactin antagonist?

Also can it be taken everyday and how what dose would be equivalent to 0.5mg of cabergolin?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut, I know you could not recommend or endorse for your product to be used in this way, but theoretically speaking, are you able to share any thoughts about how effective cyproheptadine + DMSO might be as an emergency option for severe allergies such as bee stings? My wife has a bee sting allergy, but refuses to fill her epipen prescription on account of the cost. She carries a bottle of liquid benedryl with the intention of chugging it is she is ever stung. My understanding is that while it may help, the benedryl may not act fast enough in that type of situation. We have gotten conflicting information from doctors on this. Anyway, it seems like DMSO would significantly increase the absorption time, and I would think cyproheptadine would work as effectively as benedryl theoretically. Seems like it might be safer than epinephrine too. Thoughts?

There are benadryl sprays sold OTC in the USA. They use ethanol as one of the solvents so while it may not be as good as DMSO for absorption it should get enough in the bloodstream to have an effect, especially when sprayed on a larger skin area. Aspirin under the tongue also has some quick antiallergic effects.