Cyproheptadine - Liquid Serotonin Antagonist For Lab/R&D

Grapelander

Max23

You could try Phenibut for a few days; I never used it for more than 3 days in a row as I did not want to get addicted to it. It is less crazy than Xanax/Valium which seems to wipe out my short-term memory.

That´s an option. I haven´t really heard about phenibut nor tried it. Sounds like a sound replacement to xanax. Thanks. I don´t know how obtainable it is though

Max23

I was also wondering that cypro seems to be a better fit if someone has sleep apnea. Xanax isn´t recommended with sleep apnea because it relaxes breathing muscles too much. Does anyone have any info about cypro´s use if someone has sleep apnea?

Kunstruct

Phenibut to properly work it needs to be far away from food before and after it, and I mean far way, otherwise it's effects are weak.

Peatogenic

I wanted to follow up on my experiment with cypro. I had some interesting effects. I took .5mg -1mg about 2 hours before bed every night for about a week and a half.

In that time, I lost about 5 pounds and felt leaner. I think most of this was probably water weight. I felt a lot "drier," my hands were dry, my face skin was dry. It felt a bit like the water was boiled off.

After discontinuing the cypro for a week, the weight came back. So probably water weight....which is kind of cool in itself.

When I first started it I felt much more relaxation and a bit of a dopamine strength and confidence. As the trial went on, the effect wore off and towards the end I started to feel a bit depressed, sluggish, and irritated. The amount of time I felt good was getting shorter and shorter.

The day after I stopped taking it I got a huge blood sugar spike. I needed an incredible amount of insulin to keep my blood sugar down. Cypro is definitely a drug, it suppresses and when it gets taken away, there is a rebound.

I am not sure the best way to take cypro. Perhaps on a Saturday night for a relaxing Sunday? I could also see needing it regularly if you are really having some issues. The other option is to take very large amounts to get the stress reset, and then move on. All might be viable options. Overall I think it's nice to have in your toolbag.

Would it be reasonable to think it would be a good serotonin reset taken at the low dose for like one week a month?

Peatogenic

Thanks for the feedback! Pretty much agree with your assessment - great tool to be used sporadically when under extreme stress, to control/prevent infection of some sort, or controlling blood sugar spikes. Peat's latest newsletter is on substances that can stop the shock reaction and how they can potentially reset the organism back to health so that thyroid can take over. Cypro is one such substances as far as I am concerned.

Oh wow. My hormone protocol is actually for reducing the shock state, so it's good to hear cypro does this. I don't guess there's a way to access old newsletters?

Tarmander

Would it be reasonable to think it would be a good serotonin reset taken at the low dose for like one week a month?
not really sure man...it has been awhile. I know there are people here who use Cypro in all kinds of ways...it has its pros and cons.

boris

So the DMSO version had almost 100% topical absorption.

What about the new alcohol version?

opethfeldt

So the DMSO version had almost 100% topical absorption.

What about the new alcohol version?
My rat has noted no subjective differences between the two versions. DMSO is supposed to potentiate steroids but I don't think it potentiates drugs like cypro. As far as absorption, I believe the new version is almost as good, just without potentiation.

Ktbridge

@haidut
How much should I dose and for how long my rat for severe serotonin syndrome and what for a possible tumors or liver cancer?
Thank you so much!

Steve

How much would you take if you happened to get CoronaVirus & are having breathing/lung issues?
Ray mentioned it in the interview someone posted today.

DennisX

Ray mentioned that the Chinese use Cinanserin. It is an antagonist for the 5HT2a and 5HT2c. it is also an Inhibitor of the 3C-Like Proteinase of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus and Strongly Reduces Virus Replication In Vitro (google it). Cypro is also a strong antagonist for the 5HT2a and 5HT2c. I don't know if it is also an inhibitor of the 3C-Like Proteinase.

brix

How much would you take if you happened to get CoronaVirus & are having breathing/lung issues?
Ray mentioned it in the interview someone posted today.

My SO has been having breathing issues for a week or so and have been giving her 2mg a day. She seems to be feeling better.

DennisX

My only reason is that there are quite a few vendors for cyproheptadine while we are probably the only retail one for metergoline as a liquid. So, if I had mentioned metergoline it would be advertising our company essentially and I try to stay away from that. Especially since metergoline is more expensive and some people will say "aha, he says metergoline to coax people into buying it and getting more profit". I do prefer metergoline myself since it lacks the antihistamine and anticholinergic properties of cypro, and I think metergoline is better at antagonizing 5-HT3 than cypro. But in theory both should work, even though cypro will come with a lot of other effects some people may not want.
Thanks for bringing it up.
Cypro has a 5HT2c of 2.23 and metergolin has a 5HT2c Ki of 9.5. The lowerethe Ki the stronger the binding. So Cypro antagonizes the 5HT2c much better than Metergolin.

Ableton

Im on cypro for like 4 days now and can attest to its positive effects on sleep, hunger and digestion (1 mg before sleeping)

johnwester130

for lowering serotonin/histamine has anyone purposely tried destroying gut bacteria ? For example camphosal ?

In theory it makes sense since bacteria overgrowth is the primary cause of histamine

golder

for lowering serotonin/histamine has anyone purposely tried destroying gut bacteria ? For example camphosal ?

In theory it makes sense since bacteria overgrowth is the primary cause of histamine

really interested in trying this. I wonder what dose and duration would be best for this intention? I’m confident I’ve got an overgrowth of histamine producing bacteria. Haidut or anyone got any ideas here?

johnwester130

really interested in trying this. I wonder what dose and duration would be best for this intention? I’m confident I’ve got an overgrowth of histamine producing bacteria. Haidut or anyone got any ideas here?

Histamine Producing Gut Bacteria | Alison Vickery

I don't know how to destroy the bacteria.

Camphosal looks like the best option.

Flowers of sulfur would work.
Raw carrot salad with vinegar and coconut oil.
Charcoal maybe too.

Eukalyptos/menthol/thyme oil also look promising in killing bacteria that promote histamine/lactic acid/serotonin.

this is also very interesting. gut bacteria produce ALL serotonin apparently.
That gut feeling

redsun

What gut symptoms do you attribute this to?