Cyproheptadine Is Anti-inflammatory

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
IWishIWasRich said:
Would ADC ship to Europe without problems?
Is there any similar quality alternative in Europe?

ADC will ship anywhere in the world including Europe. Search some European bodybuilding forums and you will see discussions there. Many people order steroids from them, so if those get delivered without issues I think more benign stuff will be even easier to ship and receive.

IWishIWasRich

haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:

ADC will ship anywhere in the world including Europe. Search some European bodybuilding forums and you will see discussions there. Many people order steroids from them, so if those get delivered without issues I think more benign stuff will be even easier to ship and receive.
Thanks. What is the commercial name for cypro in europe? Periactin?
Also what's better, tablets or liquid?
Im gonna try to get it on the pharmacy without prescribtion with some bs excuse.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
IWishIWasRich said:
haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:

Im gonna try to get it on the pharmacy without prescribtion with some bs excuse.

Depends on the country. In the ones I know of they call it Peritol and it is a liquid. The pills are called Cyprotol.

IWishIWasRich

haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:
haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:

Depends on the country. In the ones I know of they call it Peritol and it is a liquid. The pills are called Cyprotol.

Thanks, i'll just ask for cyproheptadine.
Is there any reason to pick liquid over tablet or viceversa or it doesn't matter?

Also, for how long can I run cypro? My mother been on cetirizine for 10+ years doing fine. Should I tell her to switch to cypro as well?
I want to know if running an anti-histamine like those are a problem in the long run. Like I said before, 10 years and she has no problems with cetirizine.
Im want the cypro for various reasons, mainly to attack some allergy type symptons that always persist, like constant creation of muccus (post nasal drip?), dryish eyes, and also to hopefully get the nice zombified effect at night since i cant fall sleep easy, probably because I have high adrenalin so it should work.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
IWishIWasRich said:
haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:
haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:

Is there any reason to pick liquid over tablet or viceversa or it doesn't matter?

Also, for how long can I run cypro? My mother been on cetirizine for 10+ years doing fine. Should I tell her to switch to cypro as well?
I want to know if running an anti-histamine like those are a problem in the long run. Like I said before, 10 years and she has no problems with cetirizine.
Im want the cypro for various reasons, mainly to attack some allergy type symptons that always persist, like constant creation of muccus (post nasal drip?), dryish eyes, and also to hopefully get the nice zombified effect at night since i cant fall sleep easy, probably because I have high adrenalin so it should work.

Liquid and pills are same ingredient, bu liquid probably has less excipients and pills are more convenient and cheaper per dose.
You should ask your doctor about cypro safety long run and dosages. In low doses of <4mg per day it is probably safe but in some people it raises liver enzymes. Btw, most anti-histamines have liver side effects so probably not a bad idea to have your mother's enzymes checked as well. Many things can happen in 10 years.
Large production of mucus is a symptom of hypothyroidism in addition to allergies. So, improving thyroid function should help.

IWishIWasRich

haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:
haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:
haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:

Liquid and pills are same ingredient, bu liquid probably has less excipients and pills are more convenient and cheaper per dose.
You should ask your doctor about cypro safety long run and dosages. In low doses of <4mg per day it is probably safe but in some people it raises liver enzymes. Btw, most anti-histamines have liver side effects so probably not a bad idea to have your mother's enzymes checked as well. Many things can happen in 10 years.
Large production of mucus is a symptom of hypothyroidism in addition to allergies. So, improving thyroid function should help.

What enzymes should one ask to get tested for while on long term anti histamine usage?
My doctor probably doesn't even want to hear about cypro because it's discontinued, he'll tell me to stop f'king around and keep taking the cetirizine or whatever. I tried to talk to them about NDT once and they told me I was nuts (all of this with nicer words).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
IWishIWasRich said:
haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:
haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:
haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:

What enzymes should one ask to get tested for while on long term anti histamine usage?
My doctor probably doesn't even want to hear about cypro because it's discontinued, he'll tell me to stop f'king around and keep taking the cetirizine or whatever. I tried to talk to them about NDT once and they told me I was nuts (all of this with nicer words).

You can ask for AST, ALT, ALP, GGT, PT, PTT, billirubin, fibrin, albumin and total protein. This is a comprehensive panel and usually most doctors will only want to check AST, ALT and ALP. Even that is helpful but for good knowledge of your liver I'd ask for the full panel. If they insist in doing just the basic enzymes at least ask them to add GGT.

IWishIWasRich

haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:
haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:
haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:
haidut said:
IWishIWasRich said:

You can ask for AST, ALT, ALP, GGT, PT, PTT, billirubin, fibrin, albumin and total protein. This is a comprehensive panel and usually most doctors will only want to check AST, ALT and ALP. Even that is helpful but for good knowledge of your liver I'd ask for the full panel. If they insist in doing just the basic enzymes at least ask them to add GGT.

Thanks, could the cypro help in any way for my scalp itch? it's driving me nuts, it's so persistent. Like I said before i only seem to find relief on my hairloss foam (which contains finasteride and minoxidil) other than that, none of the shampoos I tried did anything, but as soon as I wake up the itch is there again, sometimes it comes back after a couple hours of using the foam. I wish I knew what the hell is exactly causing my scalp itch/tingling sensation/inflammation/whatever it is.

Dean

Have you tried apple cider vinegar for the scalp itch? Works for me. I usually get a month or more of relief off of one application. I don't know if just run of the mill apple cider vinegar will work. Think it has to have the active cultures or whatever in it. I use Bragg's "with the mother."

The smell does tend to linger even with thorough rinsing. So, you might not want to use it the day of, or even the night before, a hot date.

jyb

IWishIWasRich said:
Thanks, could the cypro help in any way for my scalp itch? it's driving me nuts, it's so persistent. Like I said before i only seem to find relief on my hairloss foam (which contains finasteride and minoxidil) other than that, none of the shampoos I tried did anything, but as soon as I wake up the itch is there again, sometimes it comes back after a couple hours of using the foam. I wish I knew what the hell is exactly causing my scalp itch/tingling sensation/inflammation/whatever it is.

My scalp was itchy and oily when I washed it (with shampoo). Then I read about how soap disrupts the skin's oil production. After a few weeks of no shampoo and only lukewarm water rinse, it normalised. I remember using coconut oil during those initial weeks too, but I am not sure if it was useful nor essential. Maybe it helps as an initial moisturiser while the scalp still has irritation from previous shampooing. I can now go weeks without applying water & vinegar to my hair and it won't become oily. It is said that vitamin A deficiency causes dandruff too, which seems like a related problem.

IWishIWasRich

jyb said:
IWishIWasRich said:

My scalp was itchy and oily when I washed it (with shampoo). Then I read about how soap disrupts the skin's oil production. After a few weeks of no shampoo and only lukewarm water rinse, it normalised. I remember using coconut oil during those initial weeks too, but I am not sure if it was useful nor essential. Maybe it helps as an initial moisturiser while the scalp still has irritation from previous shampooing. I can now go weeks without applying water & vinegar to my hair and it won't become oily. It is said that vitamin A deficiency causes dandruff too, which seems like a related problem.

I tried going no poo and it was a disaster. My scalp felt as bad and smelt like ***t.
Should I try supplementing vitamin A? i've seen it mentioned before. Do I test myself before? what is the best test to know if you need vitamin A or not?

Peata

IWishIWasRich said:
jyb said:
IWishIWasRich said:

I tried going no poo and it was a disaster. My scalp felt as bad and smelt like s***.
Should I try supplementing vitamin A? i've seen it mentioned before. Do I test myself before? what is the best test to know if you need vitamin A or not?

No poo didn't work for me either and I tried it for months. I also get an itchy scalp, especially in the bangs area. I only notice it when I'm sitting around though, and absently start scratching. I will try a vinegar rinse a the end of the shower though.

jyb

IWishIWasRich said:
I tried going no poo and it was a disaster. My scalp felt as bad and smelt like s***.

Yes, my scalp was also smelly/oily/itchy when I used shampoo and the first couple weeks after I stopped and waited for it to normalise. It helps that I have short hair. I occasionally use vinegar (a short rinse) and it seems to function like a shampoo, except that I trust it more than anything from the store.

I sometimes have bad acne but it is easily fixed if I supplement retinol so for me its pretty clear when its useful. I have less problems with dandruff, though I have read that its connected too and I'm not surprised because retinol seems important for skin oiliness.

IWishIWasRich

jyb said:
IWishIWasRich said:

Yes, my scalp was also smelly/oily/itchy when I used shampoo and the first couple weeks after I stopped and waited for it to normalise. It helps that I have short hair. I occasionally use vinegar (a short rinse) and it seems to function like a shampoo, except that I trust it more than anything from the store.

I sometimes have bad acne but it is easily fixed if I supplement retinol so for me its pretty clear when its useful. I have less problems with dandruff, though I have read that its connected too and I'm not surprised because retinol seems important for skin oiliness.

I don't believe in no poo being for everyone. By some, the cause may be shampoo, I doubt it's mine, mine is probably something hormonal, hence why I notice a relief on the scalp when I apply finasteride (inhibits DHT conversion) and why I noticed relief with minoxidil (enhances blood flow). Removing shampoos will not fix whatever genetic flaw I have that causes this.

Im going to try cypro and vitamin A and see if it has any impact on my scalp quality. I wonder if the k2 supplement will have any impact as well (i've heard this theory about scalp calficication).
I've also heard some people finding relief by doing cooling therapy (cooling the scalp down)

IWishIWasRich

Peata said:
IWishIWasRich said:
jyb said:
IWishIWasRich said:

No poo didn't work for me either and I tried it for months. I also get an itchy scalp, especially in the bangs area. I only notice it when I'm sitting around though, and absently start scratching. I will try a vinegar rinse a the end of the shower though.

Are you balding?

IWishIWasRich

Dean said:
Have you tried apple cider vinegar for the scalp itch? Works for me. I usually get a month or more of relief off of one application. I don't know if just run of the mill apple cider vinegar will work. Think it has to have the active cultures or whatever in it. I use Bragg's "with the mother."

The smell does tend to linger even with thorough rinsing. So, you might not want to use it the day of, or even the night before, a hot date.

No,I have never tried it. I was going to buy a bottle on Iherb, but that brand is discontinued. Seems pretty cheap, 6 USD for like 920 mL.

Peata

[quote="IWishIWasRich"

Are you balding?[/quote]

No. It's just the scalp itch that ends up like a pink rash at times at the top of my forehead/hairline. Besides scratching, I would pull the hairs out (developed that last winter), but that's ceased it seems. I think I had better results with the scratching and hair pulling at 12 mg. but I'm just doing 7 mg. lately.

A

Anonymous

IWishIWasRich said:
Please, can anyone help me with my cypro questions?

Start with .5 mg and work your way up as you feel needed. Take once at night and if you want, once more during the day if it doesn't make you too tired. Take it until your temp is consistently about 98.6 and digestion is good. That could be two months or it could be a couple weeks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals