cyproheptadine increasing serotonin?

OP
deliciousfruit
FYI: I have found drastic differences from taking .5 mg doses of Cyproheptadine, down from 1 mg. Either way, cypro tends to build up in one’s system, I believe, and accumulate in effect over time. But I think the smaller, .5 doses, do not impact dopamine or (whatever) vitamin d receptors and has more of a gentle result. I buy the topical bottle and just apply 1 drop to my wrist.

Edit: I didn’t read that you’re already at .5, but point being that halfing the dose could be helpful.
Lol did you mistake dopamine D3 receptors for vitamin d receptors?

PeatBull

I love cyproheptadine, I usually take 1mg in the afternoon. It significantly cools down my body temperature, makes me feel relaxed, increases my libido, lessens my nerve pain, and gives temporarily relief for all my gut symptoms. Today I took 2mg for the first time, and now I'm very hot, agitated, no libido, nerve pain worse, and crazy amount of gut cramps and gas... what's going on?
Man you can’t fall in love with a drug. It’s a tool, use it only when it’s necessary

retroactive

Please clarify: when people say this, it is because of elevated liver enzymes with prolonged use of Cypro? I took it all summer last year, due in part to some type of perpetual anxiety attack that I was having, but i can confirm that it did not make me very smart. The other discernible effect that Cypro had was making my hair feel and look better than anything else I am aware of, but I cannot figure out why?
Are you saying the cypro made your brain feel sluggish? (less smart?). Elevated liver enzymes are one concern with prolonged usage but I believe dopamine antagonism is another. Generally, I think almost all drugs shouldn't be taken perpetually - maybe with the exception of aspirin?

Arnold Grape

Are you saying the cypro made your brain feel sluggish? (less smart?). Elevated liver enzymes are one concern with prolonged usage but I believe dopamine antagonism is another. Generally, I think almost all drugs shouldn't be taken perpetually - maybe with the exception of aspirin?
Yes, ime Cypro reduces the stress response drastically enough over time to create a state of apathy. (In some cases I would report feeling “dull”.) The liver effects I could not measure anecdotally, but my prolactin may have risen during this time and my sex drive reduced. Meanwhile, I could imagine taking Cypro happily if I did not have a job or a girlfriend. I still use it occasionally, but only in specific circumstances.