cyproheptadine increasing serotonin?

I love cyproheptadine, I usually take 1mg in the afternoon. It significantly cools down my body temperature, makes me feel relaxed, increases my libido, lessens my nerve pain, and gives temporarily relief for all my gut symptoms. Today I took 2mg for the first time, and now I'm very hot, agitated, no libido, nerve pain worse, and crazy amount of gut cramps and gas... what's going on?

Elize

I get tingling and restless legs from Cypro. Not trying it again.

Arnold Grape

I love cyproheptadine, I usually take 1mg in the afternoon. It significantly cools down my body temperature, makes me feel relaxed, increases my libido, lessens my nerve pain, and gives temporarily relief for all my gut symptoms. Today I took 2mg for the first time, and now I'm very hot, agitated, no libido, nerve pain worse, and crazy amount of gut cramps and gas... what's going on?
It’s probably a blood sugar issue — also 2mg is a lot, depending on what’s up with you:

Mauritio

I get tingling and restless legs from Cypro. Not trying it again.
That's because it's also a dopamin D2 antagonist .
Something that I dont like, as it also opens the door for a prolactin increase . I think that is not mentioned often enough ,when talking about this "wonder drug " .

Gustav3Y

Since dopamine and histamine receptors are antagonized by it I think libido should be low or none and like others have said a gate into raising prolactin.
I still do not quite understand how someone can have a libido on it, probably with the help of various other supplements to support that function.

dhtsupreme

Cypro can give the zombie like effect which resembles traits seen with higher serotonin. Apathy, fatigue, no drive etc.

I understand why you think it's serotonin rising but it's the histamine antagonism. At higher doses it's histamine and dopamine antagonism

Elize

How would you reduce the dosage when one drop of Cyproheptadine is too much?

Arnold Grape

Thanks so much.. Will try again
FYI: I have found drastic differences from taking .5 mg doses of Cyproheptadine, down from 1 mg. Either way, cypro tends to build up in one’s system, I believe, and accumulate in effect over time. But I think the smaller, .5 doses, do not impact dopamine or (whatever) vitamin d receptors and has more of a gentle result. I buy the topical bottle and just apply 1 drop to my wrist.

Edit: I didn’t read that you’re already at .5, but point being that halfing the dose could be helpful.

OP
deliciousfruit
Since dopamine and histamine receptors are antagonized by it I think libido should be low or none and like others have said a gate into raising prolactin.
I still do not quite understand how someone can have a libido on it, probably with the help of various other supplements to support that function.
I think by antagonizing serotonin it can lead to an initial increase in dopamine and thus libido, but that effect stopped for me after about a week of use.

OP
deliciousfruit
FYI: I have found drastic differences from taking .5 mg doses of Cyproheptadine, down from 1 mg. Either way, cypro tends to build up in one’s system, I believe, and accumulate in effect over time. But I think the smaller, .5 doses, do not impact dopamine or (whatever) vitamin d receptors and has more of a gentle result. I buy the topical bottle and just apply 1 drop to my wrist.

Edit: I didn’t read that you’re already at .5, but point being that halfing the dose could be helpful.
How does cypro affect vitamin d receptors? Would it be a cause for concern with long-term use?

retroactive

I think its important to consider it as not a supplement and best taken for a purpose over some time period (not forever). Its useful to decrease serotonin and or inflammation for a chunk of time as needed

Arnold Grape

I think its important to consider it as not a supplement and best taken for a purpose over some time period (not forever). Its useful to decrease serotonin and or inflammation for a chunk of time as needed
Please clarify: when people say this, it is because of elevated liver enzymes with prolonged use of Cypro? I took it all summer last year, due in part to some type of perpetual anxiety attack that I was having, but i can confirm that it did not make me very smart. The other discernible effect that Cypro had was making my hair feel and look better than anything else I am aware of, but I cannot figure out why?

dhtsupreme

That's exactly how I used it. I had the best results that way

dhtsupreme

Please clarify: when people say this, it is because of elevated liver enzymes with prolonged use of Cypro? I took it all summer last year, due in part to some type of perpetual anxiety attack that I was having, but i can confirm that it did not make me very smart. The other discernible effect that Cypro had was making my hair feel and look better than anything else I am aware of, but I cannot figure out why?
For some the liver enzymes may be of concern.

Personally, it was the lowered motivation and apathy. I wouldn't feel like doing anything.

I use it on days where I don't need to read so much and can rest

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals