Cyproheptadine increase height ?

sun-maid

I know Cyprohpetadine can suppress GH, so I was surprise to find this study which claimed it increase height of patient with growth hormone insensitivity syndrome.

What else can increase height that Cyproheptadine would increase ? More food = more height growth ?

Background​

Cyproheptadine HCl (CyproH) is an appetite‐stimulating drug and while it was prescribed for a patient with growth hormone insensitivity syndrome (GHIS) for increasing appetite, his height growth was surprisingly increased. Therefore, the aim of this study was to investigate the effect of CyproH on growth parameters of the patients with GHIS.

Patients and design​

Twenty patients were enrolled in two prospective cohorts at two different times. Fifteen cases were observed for 1.17 ± 1.3 years without treatment (observation period, OP). Then, CyproH was administered for 2.2 ± 2.7 years (treatment period, TP), and growth parameters were compared within these two periods. Five patients who did not receive any treatment for 1‐8.24 years (4 ± 2.9) were the control group.

Results​

Height velocity (HV) increased from 1.88 ± 0.7 to 6.1 ± 0.8 cm/year and HV‐SDS reached from −4.5 ± 0.74 to −0.21 ± 1.2 in OP and TP, respectively (P < .001), whereas HV and HV‐SDS were 2.2 ± 1.1 cm/yr and −4.2 ± 1.2, respectively, in controls (P < .001). Height SDS was −7.0 ± 1.7 and increased to −6 ± 2.2 after treatment (P = .002). Gain in height was 2.3 ± 0.6 SDS in 5 patients who were treated for 5.4 ± 2.8 years. BMI‐SDS was not significantly changed within two time periods and also in cases and controls.

Conclusion​

CyproH caused height growth in the patients with GHIS, and therefore, this treatment can be considered as an alternative option to IGF‐I injection.

Razvan

Since reallly falling in love with the effects of St johns wort, I am not using Cypro.

I may do a 4mg back to back to see how it feels again.
What do benefits have you got? Would you recommend it?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
What do benefits have you got? Would you recommend it?
My case is a little complex, you can read it here:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals