Cyproheptadine for sleep?

answersfound

firebreather said:
post 111067
answersfound said:
Idk. 3 grains sounds like a lot. That could be creating adrenaline surges. 4 grains is full thyroid replacement. I would cut back on the thyroid.

I don't know, my t4 and t3 are still on the lower end.

When I went from 2 grains to 3 last May my cholesterol got about 50 points closer to the normal range.

And my morning temp is still 96.8. Pulse is around 68.

What's your reverse t3? This sounds like a liver issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

jyb

firebreather said:
thank you very much this is helpful.

A little frustrating because diet doesn't seem to be showing results.

Really confused because just when I thought I had the frequent urination issues under control they're coming back just when I've tried to focus more on Peat eating and adrenaline not fading with plenty of salt and sugar

"plenty of salt and sugar" does not mean the diet is adequate. In fact it may not be at all since you're having adrenaline issues.

OP
F

firebreather

answersfound said:
post 111069
firebreather said:
post 111067
answersfound said:
Idk. 3 grains sounds like a lot. That could be creating adrenaline surges. 4 grains is full thyroid replacement. I would cut back on the thyroid.

I don't know, my t4 and t3 are still on the lower end.

When I went from 2 grains to 3 last May my cholesterol got about 50 points closer to the normal range.

And my morning temp is still 96.8. Pulse is around 68.

What's your reverse t3? This sounds like a liver issue.

I don't know, haven't had that checked in a couple years

OP
F

firebreather

jyb said:
post 111080
firebreather said:

Really confused because just when I thought I had the frequent urination issues under control they're coming back just when I've tried to focus more on Peat eating and adrenaline not fading with plenty of salt and sugar

"plenty of salt and sugar" does not mean the diet is adequate. In fact it may not be at all since you're having adrenaline issues.

That's not the only peating I'm doing but according to the people on the forum that seems to be the common answer to adrenaline issues.

Also doing coffee, some dairy (gives me congestion and constipation issues), Gelatin, lower fat. OJ gives me congestion also so I only do a bit of that.

And of course cutting out the PUFU's

answersfound

firebreather said:
jyb said:
post 111080
firebreather said:

That's not the only peating I'm doing but according to the people on the forum that seems to be the common answer to adrenaline issues.

Also doing coffee, some dairy (gives me congestion and constipation issues), Gelatin, lower fat. OJ gives me congestion also so I only do a bit of that.

I think "plenty of salt and sugar" is not good advice. Listen to your body. "Adequate salt and sugar" sounds a lot better. I wouldn't force feed your body. Sometimes you need to close your eyes and ask yourself "What does my body need right now?" The answer will come to you. The same way a dog knows exactly when it needs to eat and how much. Advice on this forum can be a double-edged sword in that it can be tremendously helpful, but it can also deactivate your internal guidance system. No one will know what you need to do. I think you should focus on liver health, based on your symptoms. Thyroid isn't raising temperatures and you have adrenaline issues. Remember, you can do all the "right" things and still not see improvement. It's very easy. I took my dad's temperature the other day and it was 98.3 That is not bad given the fact that he is on 10+ medications, eats 2-3 meals per day, and knows absolutely nothing regarding a healthy diet. So just keep in mind, there are plenty of people that navigate through this world and have pretty good metabolisms because they are tuned into what their body desires. Information around here is a tool. It is meant to shift your thinking. It is not a science experiment. Or a recipe that requires certain ingredients. If you found that eating cardboard continually made you feel better and raised your temperature, I'd say keep doing it. I hope you see my point. Good luck.

Orion

I am at a point where I can usually have two good 3hr sleep cycles, but will wake at the 6hr mark, then have trouble falling back asleep, but sometimes can get another 2hrs, but not deep sleep.

I do believe this is liver glycogen storage issues.

When I tried 0.5mg cypro or up caffeine(more then 50mg), naicinamide(300mg divided through day), aspirin (600mg/day), vitamin A(10000iu), un-couplers, I will get cold hands and feet after meals, good sleep reduction, and an increase in sebum production. Done enough experimenting, that I will see these things happen in a day. Been testing this over the last 4 weeks.

I tried yesterday; replacing all sucrose with pure fructose powder (close to 200g), I was freezing all day, and very oily skin. I was hoping for the opposite.

I need to improve liver health and glycogen storage, but things that are supposed to help, send me in the opposite direction.

10mg/day of pregnenolone does seems to be helping, but only when I do not take any un-couplers. When I stick with just preg 10mg and lots of sucrose, avoid starch, I get sebum reduction and better sleep. So I may just have to continue slowly this way, to see monthly affects and not daily.

Also have read there are ties to blood sugar control via, calcium and magnesium levels? Any thoughts on this?

answersfound

Orion said:
I am at a point where I can usually have two good 3hr sleep cycles, but will wake at the 6hr mark, then have trouble falling back asleep, but sometimes can get another 2hrs, but not deep sleep.

When I tried 0.5mg cypro or up caffeine(more then 50mg), naicinamide(300mg divided through day), aspirin (600mg/day), vitamin A(10000iu), un-couplers, I will get cold hands and feet after meals, good sleep reduction, and an increase in sebum production. Done enough experimenting, that I will see these things happen in a day. Been testing this over the last 4 weeks.

I tried yesterday; replacing all sucrose with pure fructose powder (close to 200g), I was freezing all day, and very oily skin. I was hoping for the opposite.

I need to improve liver health and glycogen storage, but things that are supposed to help, send me in the opposite direction.

10mg/day of pregnenolone does seems to be helping, but only when I do not take any un-couplers. When I stick with just preg 10mg and lots of sucrose, avoid starch, I get sebum reduction and better sleep. So I may just have to continue slowly this way, to see monthly affects and not daily.

Also have read there are ties to blood sugar control via, calcium and magnesium levels? Any thoughts on this?

I think aspirin and niacinamide can make your liver situation worse. I would completely stop those. I would get some theanine caffeine combo supplements and take that after a meal. Start with one a day and move up as you feel you can.

D

Derek

Orion said:
post 111119 I am at a point where I can usually have two good 3hr sleep cycles, but will wake at the 6hr mark, then have trouble falling back asleep, but sometimes can get another 2hrs, but not deep sleep.

Potatoes were best at restoring glycogen levels for me. 4 Boiled or baked potatoes before bed and I sleep like a baby. I feel glucose is far better at restoring glycogen than fructose which is why you feel better with white sugar as opposed to fructose.

A lot of those supplements increase your need for glucose so are going to exacerbate the issues with glycogen that you are already having.

Orion

Thanks for the feedback.

I do eat about 2 potatoes per day or rice other days, the only starch i use. Hasn't helped with good sleep, also didn't help when I was trying high starch carbing.

I will get some Theanine, I do have caffeine pills now, and will slowly up the dosage *after* meals.

Fixing sleep has to be a good sign of stress reduction :)

Peata

my .02 for Orion - Simplify your supplements to caffeine and theanine or cyproheptadine. Start low on the caffeine, maybe 50 mg at a time and ONLY after eating. Slowly work your way up to higher doses of caffeine.

As liver health improves from the caffeine, you should start having better glycogen storage, better skin, etc.

Orion

Peata said:
post 111137 my .02 for Orion - Simplify your supplements to caffeine and theanine or cyproheptadine. Start low on the caffeine, maybe 50 mg at a time and ONLY after eating. Slowly work your way up to higher doses of caffeine.

As liver health improves from the caffeine, you should start having better glycogen storage, better skin, etc.

Yep that has been the last week, I dropped everything, even K2 was causing issues.

Will start low caffeine and get some theanine and work my way up, all experimentation points to sluggish liver = blood sugar issues. I think I will wait awhile until I attempt .5mg of cypro again. It seemed to cause big crashes for me.

I just had a small 4oz coffee with 3Tbsp sucrose after lunch today, and wow I feel warm and hands/feet are nice and toasty. yesterday fructose powder with lunch, no coffee, hands/feet frozen all afternoon.

Thanks for the tips!

jyb

Peata said:
post 111137 my .02 for Orion - Simplify your supplements to caffeine and theanine or cyproheptadine. Start low on the caffeine, maybe 50 mg at a time and ONLY after eating. Slowly work your way up to higher doses of caffeine.

Theanine looks interesting. If and when it works, like pregnenolone, it would be easier to use than cypo. Cypro does work but can affect wellbeing and alertness really negatively for a day. I have never experimented with theanine in one off high stress situations, but next time SHTF I'll have a go if I remember to.

firebreather said:
post 111091 Also doing coffee, some dairy (gives me congestion and constipation issues), Gelatin, lower fat. OJ gives me congestion also so I only do a bit of that.

There are many foods and diets that can relieve stress short term. More frequent and smaller meals with high sugar low fat meals is one way, but in my experience is not as powerful and consistent long term than what I do now, which is moderate glucose and high sat fat. After a few weeks, whether something works for you can be judged by sleep quality, mood stability, stressful hunger, hypoglycaemic type symptoms like lightheadedness, etc.

OP
F

firebreather

answersfound said:
post 111100
firebreather said:
jyb said:
post 111080
firebreather said:

I think "plenty of salt and sugar" is not good advice. Listen to your body. "Adequate salt and sugar" sounds a lot better. I wouldn't force feed your body. Sometimes you need to close your eyes and ask yourself "What does my body need right now?" The answer will come to you. The same way a dog knows exactly when it needs to eat and how much. Advice on this forum can be a double-edged sword in that it can be tremendously helpful, but it can also deactivate your internal guidance system. No one will know what you need to do. I think you should focus on liver health, based on your symptoms. Thyroid isn't raising temperatures and you have adrenaline issues. Remember, you can do all the "right" things and still not see improvement. It's very easy. I took my dad's temperature the other day and it was 98.3 That is not bad given the fact that he is on 10+ medications, eats 2-3 meals per day, and knows absolutely nothing regarding a healthy diet. So just keep in mind, there are plenty of people that navigate through this world and have pretty good metabolisms because they are tuned into what their body desires. Information around here is a tool. It is meant to shift your thinking. It is not a science experiment. Or a recipe that requires certain ingredients. If you found that eating cardboard continually made you feel better and raised your temperature, I'd say keep doing it. I hope you see my point. Good luck.

If I new what my body needed I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now.

A few years ago when the crossfit experts were saying that a guy like me only needed 1900 calories a day while doing crossfit.

I'm not going crazy with the salt and sugar. If I don't use a teaspoon per gallon of fluid the frequent urination gets much worse. I'm not salting my food so much that it tastes bad.

Even the last few weeks I don't really feel like eating very much. When I eat when and as much as I feel the hypo symptoms get worse.

So either I'm deaf to what my body is telling me or it's telling me the wrong thing.

answersfound

firebreather said:
answersfound said:
post 111100
firebreather said:
jyb said:
post 111080
firebreather said:

If I new what my body needed I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now.

A few years ago when the crossfit experts were saying that a guy like me only needed 1900 calories a day while doing crossfit.

I'm not going crazy with the salt and sugar. If I don't use a teaspoon per gallon of fluid the frequent urination gets much worse. I'm not salting my food so much that it tastes bad.

Even the last few weeks I don't really feel like eating very much. When I eat when and as much as I feel the hypo symptoms get worse.

So either I'm deaf to what my body is telling me or it's telling me the wrong thing.

I think the T4 should help with the frequent urination. 3000 calories is typically what you should aim for. I would check your Reverse T3 levels if possible. That would tell you if the T4 is converting to RT3 and blocking T3 from getting into your cells.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/rt3-ratio/

OP
F

firebreather

answersfound said:
I think the T4 should help with the frequent urination. 3000 calories is typically what you should aim for. I would check your Reverse T3 levels if possible. That would tell you if the T4 is converting to RT3 and blocking T3 from getting into your cells.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/rt3-ratio/

Without knowing my rt3 I think the t4 that I do have is converting to t3.

It's just that my t4 is on the lower end of the range. My t3 is also on the lower end. I would think since my t4 is on the lower end that my t3 would be below if it were not converting.

OP
F

firebreather

jyb said:
There are many foods and diets that can relieve stress short term. More frequent and smaller meals with high sugar low fat meals is one way, but in my experience is not as powerful and consistent long term than what I do now, which is moderate glucose and high sat fat. After a few weeks, whether something works for you can be judged by sleep quality, mood stability, stressful hunger, hypoglycaemic type symptoms like lightheadedness, etc.

In the past it has seemed like starches helped with the frequent urination but even lately I haven't noticed so much of a difference, but I was shooting for lower fat with the starches.

I'd be really interested to hear what kind of ratios you're doing as far as carbs, protein and saturated fat go?

By glucose are you talking about mostly potatoes, grains?

kaybb

firebreather said:
post 111170
jyb said:

In the past it has seemed like starches helped with the frequent urination but even lately I haven't noticed so much of a difference, but I was shooting for lower fat with the starches.

I'd be really interested to hear what kind of ratios you're doing as far as carbs, protein and saturated fat go?

Have you tried diet change jyb mentioned? Higher fat?

jyb

kaybb said:
post 112785
firebreather said:
post 111170
jyb said:

Depends higher than what? Compared to a skim milk diet, yeah I eat very high fat...

OP
F

firebreather

jyb said:
post 112810
kaybb said:
post 112785
firebreather said:
post 111170
jyb said:

Depends higher than what? Compared to a skim milk diet, yeah I eat very high fat...

I'm trying it at the moment - been doing it since he mentioned it

I will say that I got the cypro in and although it hasn't made a huge difference I can see that there is a difference.

I started out the first night with 1mg and I still woke up once twice but easily fell back asleep.

Last night I tried 3mg (yes that's 3mg) and the same thing.

I took 1mg a few hrs ago and it seems to have helped with a stressful day.

The real test will be when I have to get up for a call at the fire station when I try to go back to sleep after the call.

kaybb

That's good so far though. I need to try it but benadryl puts me in deep depression and so I have been hesitant.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals