Cyproheptadine Cushings Disease

Barbarossa

I am taking 12 mg a day Cyproheptadine since 1,5 months. My Cushings symptoms went away in the first days but now even on 12 mg I have Cushings symptoms like high stress, high heart rate, feeling impending doom, anxiety…

Is 12 mg not enough? Or is my body a complete failure?

oriana

Where are folks buying Cyproheptadine these days? I just looked on Farmacia del Nino and they don't seem to have it any more. I haven't been in the US for a long time: are there online pharmacies where it can be obtained without a prescription?

Thanks a lot!

Where are folks buying Cyproheptadine these days? I just looked on Farmacia del Nino and they don't seem to have it any more. I haven't been in the US for a long time: are there online pharmacies where it can be obtained without a prescription?

Thanks a lot!
Ideal labs

Smelly5

It's OTC some places like here in Australia

Phosphor

It is possible you are actually having a reaction to the drug itself, or are having a "rebound effect." In circumstances like yours, I stop whatever the newest thing I started taking, wait at least several days until I can discern the difference, and take the next step from there.
There are energy techniques you can try for the anxiety; they take time to work but if practiced regularly can be of benefit.
Try to find on Youtube an Eden Energy technique to "quite triple warmer." This, over time and with attention, can make a difference in your anxiety level. This type of treatment actually changes the energetic patterns of the body over time. I don't know where you are or I would recommend you find an Eden Energy practitioner.

AVTISTICVS

I am taking 12 mg a day Cyproheptadine since 1,5 months. My Cushings symptoms went away in the first days but now even on 12 mg I have Cushings symptoms like high stress, high heart rate, feeling impending doom, anxiety…

In the studies I saw where Cypro was used for Cushings the dose was higher than 12mg. The doses were however targeted at full remission even after cessation. If you google “ cyproheptadine cushings” I remember there being 2 studies on this within the first couple pages or so. I’d be surprised if google scholar didn’t provide more.

Yonebayashian

Thoughts play a huge role in physical health, with that last sentence your despair and pessimism just oozes off of you, of course your body is in a bad state! Correct your mind love.
Watch this. And this if you liked the other one.

Yonebayashian

Also you probably want to look into managing your light environment to optimize the conversion of serotonin to melotonin and healing. Watch this video on light and health. One of the worst health states in my life I was doing everything peaty but I just wasn't managing my light environment well at all. Hope you find healing.

AVTISTICVS

Thoughts play a huge role in physical health, with that last sentence your despair and pessimism just oozes off of you, of course your body is in a bad state! Correct your mind love.
Watch this. And this if you liked the other one.I know you’re goal here was to help.

I know your goal here is to help but that is not only an ***hole thing to say but a misunderstanding of what Cushings is. There is no evidence Cushings is caused by thoughts. Not even stress. What you said completely undermines what’s happening chemically and is just essentially saying “you just need to feel better!”.

Chemical causation is the reason we begin with symptomatic treatment. Thinking positively has its place (ex. meditation) but not until the chemical issues that can ONLY be solved with medication are resolved.

Cushings causes decreased catecholamine synthesis and release on top of the elevated cortisol. So yes. Of course their outlook is negative. If your brain chemistry forced you to feel negative and stressed 24/7 regardless of your thoughts, it will come through in how you communicate.

Yonebayashian

I know your goal here is to help but that is not only an ***hole thing to say but a misunderstanding of what Cushings is. There is no evidence Cushings is caused by thoughts. Not even stress. What you said completely undermines what’s happening chemically and is just essentially saying “you just need to feel better!”.

Chemical causation is the reason we begin with symptomatic treatment. Thinking positively has its place (ex. meditation) but not until the chemical issues that can ONLY be solved with medication are resolved.

Cushings causes decreased catecholamine synthesis and release on top of the elevated cortisol. So yes. Of course their outlook is negative. If your brain chemistry forced you to feel negative and stressed 24/7 regardless of your thoughts, it will come through in how you communicate.
Please forgive me, you're right I did come off very brusque. I do affirm that the biochemical component plays a huge role, but the mental component also plays a large role that simultaneously needs to be addressed. It's precisely the rigidity that we are first and foremost trapped within the matrix of our biology that can block us off from healing. A change of paradigm is essential before we can then adequately address of all our different facilities. Rigidity and stuckness is serotoninergic. It takes just as much time and patience to heal and change the mind as it does the body.

Sorry to derail, if you find this unhelpful please do ignore me.

Last edited:

Epik

I've been trying this myself and it's clearly an adrenaline response. I think histamine and adrenaline oppose eachother, so if you're high adrenaline is covered up by high histamine, then blocking it will uncover the high adrenaline. I think that's why they give EpiPens to people who can get an allergic reaction.

InChristAlone

Typically adrenaline will be high when allergies are high because it is necessary to keep it in check.