Cyproheptadine & Bodybuilding - ZERO Pumps?

TeaRex14

Try some pregnenolone, that always gives me a nice pump. Throwing in some high quality vitamin E if you got it, about 100-200ius daily, will combine with the preg real nicely to promote androgen production while inhibiting estrogens at the same time.

TeaRex14

Are the GNC brand Vit E good?
Maybe, haven't used it before so I'm not too keen on the ingredients in the product. It's always good to be skeptical of most E products because a lot of them come with soy oil in them.

How do you use the Preg?
Currently I use 3 drops of StressNon (about 5mgs) on my wrist area, if I were using an oral powder product probably around 50mgs.

Kartoffel

i heard cypro can deplete dopamine too

I think you shouldn't just throw around with statements like that without backing them up. Some in vitro studies suggest that cyproheptadine in large concentrations can antagonize dopamine receptors, but I haven't seen anything suggesting that this happens in humans, even when it's used in fairly large amounts. In normal amounts its' antagonism to serotonin receptors should increase dopaminergic influence.

TeaRex14

@johnwester130 @Kartoffel Technically I guess you're both right. In a normal dose, ranging from 1/2mg - 4mgs, cypro could indirectly help dopamine. Antagonizing serotonin and prolactin will help encourage dopamine production. In larger dosages it will lower both serotonin and dopamine. Personally I think cypro is awesome, a wonder supplement for many things. I don't think it helps much in the gym though, anecdotally speaking.

Kartoffel

@johnwester130 @Kartoffel Technically I guess you're both right. In a normal dose, ranging from 1/2mg - 4mgs, cypro could indirectly help dopamine. Antagonizing serotonin and prolactin will help encourage dopamine production. In larger dosages it will lower both serotonin and dopamine. Personally I think cypro is awesome, a wonder supplement for many things. I don't think it helps much in the gym though, anecdotally speaking.

Do you have any reference for that statement? I have never seen anything suggesting that doses like 12-24mg lower dopamine.

TeaRex14

Do you have any reference for that statement? I have never seen anything suggesting that doses like 12-24mg lower dopamine.
No I don't, you may want to tag Haidut or PM him about this. I think he knows a lot on the subject. I've just always followed Peat's general recommendation on "safe" cypro dosing. Pretty sure DaveFoster has experimented with larger dosages of cypro in the past, you could ask his take on it too.

Kartoffel

Ray once wrote this to me in an email: "Yes. I knew a woman who was having menstrual hemorrhages and fainting, who increased it to as much as 28 mg/day, After a few weeks she stopped taking it, and ten years later continues in good health."

TeaRex14

Ray once wrote this to me in an email: "Yes. I knew a woman who was having menstrual hemorrhages and fainting, who increased it to as much as 28 mg/day, After a few weeks she stopped taking it, and ten years later continues in good health."
So maybe in some specific situations a large dose, taken acutely, may be helpful? I could definitely see that being the case.

rawmeat

cypro absolutely ruins my workouts if I take anything >1mg the night before. I definitely feel weaker and less motivated after taking it

Andman

Please keep in mind that gym performance =/= health (esp. from a peat perspective)

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
cypro absolutely ruins my workouts if I take anything >1mg the night before. I definitely feel weaker and less motivated after taking it

Exactly right. For some reason it makes my muscles ULTRA weak, zero pump and just plain bad. Even right now, I can barely even get a good contraction at rest....

I thought it may be due to its calcium channel blocking effect?

@haidut?

Andman

Very good point - I go to the gym to prevent insulin resistance/build muscle, which indirectly yields benefits to overall health and metabolic efficiency.

yeah me too bro, but consider this - to achieve big lifts/high reps in the gym one needs to tap into the sympathetic nervous system (thats why its hard to lift a max. weight without warm up sets for example)
cypro is very good at turning off the stress response/sympathetic activation, thats kinda why we love it so much

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals