Cyproheptadine - Liquid Serotonin Antagonist For Lab/R&D

Mary Pruter

My mother fell about 30 days ago. She had a hard time using a bed pan and was in great pain. The hospital inserted a catheter for her. After 8 days in the hospital we were told by the doctor that her kidneys were functioning at 100% And the catheter could be removed however they didn't remove it before she left the hospital and it took me 4 days to get the nursing home to do it. Within 24 hours she had retained almost a liter of urine in her bladder. They have reinserted the catheter and she saw a urologist today that it will be running tests on Monday. What can you tell me about bladder retention in females and what could be done for it?

IhateFin

I read here that this lowers prolactin without stimulating dopamine
The mechanism of action of cyproheptadine on prolactin release by cultured anterior pituitary cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Can this stuff really do that!?!? I have a prolactin problem and I'm too afraid of relying too heavily on dopamine agonists due to fear of receptor damage. My prolactin is usually 13 according to bloods and yes I have PFS. Can this stuff really help? Do you think this is where the libido enhancement comes from?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I read here that this lowers prolactin without stimulating dopamine
The mechanism of action of cyproheptadine on prolactin release by cultured anterior pituitary cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Can this stuff really do that!?!? I have a prolactin problem and I'm too afraid of relying too heavily on dopamine agonists due to fear of receptor damage. My prolactin is usually 13 according to bloods and yes I have PFS. Can this stuff really help? Do you think this is where the libido enhancement comes from?

Its effects on dopamine and prolactin seem to be mixed depending on the dose. In lower doses (<4mg) it opposes serotonin without affecting dopamine and this can lead to decrease in prolactin. In higher doses, cyproheptadine can antagonize dopamine and actually raise prolactin.

IhateFin

Its effects on dopamine and prolactin seem to be mixed depending on the dose. In lower doses (<4mg) it opposes serotonin without affecting dopamine and this can lead to decrease in prolactin. In higher doses, cyproheptadine can antagonize dopamine and actually raise prolactin.

Awesome! I think I'll stick to .5mg every 2 or 3 days at night n see what happens.

Mary Pruter

I don't know why my post came up here when I was on a post about bladder retention. Sorry about that!

brocktoon

my second bottle just says water and ethanol, is there one after that has sfa too? or is it just missing from ingredients.

my second bottle just says water and ethanol, is there one after that has sfa too? or is it just missing from ingredients.
From what I can see, the bottle I got very recently is a new formulation originating sometime in the last several weeks. It has saturated fatty acid esters and ethanol w/the cypro and no DMSO. Since there's no DMSO, I'm taking it orally. I haven't seen any Haidut formulas for his supplements that include water.

mercutio

From what I can see, the bottle I got very recently is a new formulation originating sometime in the last several weeks. It has saturated fatty acid esters and ethanol w/the cypro and no DMSO. Since there's no DMSO, I'm taking it orally. I haven't seen any Haidut formulas for his supplements that include water.

heh i just thought about taking it orally after dosing topically. for some reason it seems to be waking me up rather than putting me to sleep though, and i'm hesitant to also try a drop orally.. it seems quite different from the earlier one. it definitely says water under other ingredients.

mercutio

ok this is strange.. i tried another drop of the newer bottle during daytime, and again i feel more awake acutely. could the lack of dmso decrease absorption and lead to less sedation due to smaller amounts, or is it just ethanol wakes me up? :)

brocktoon

ok this is strange.. i tried another drop of the newer bottle during daytime, and again i feel more awake acutely. could the lack of dmso decrease absorption and lead to less sedation due to smaller amounts, or is it just ethanol wakes me up? :)
I really don't know. Maybe you could try a drop orally tomorrow and see how that affects you in terms of degree of wakeful-ness.

mercutio

I really don't know. Maybe you could try a drop orally tomorrow and see how that affects you in terms of degree of wakeful-ness.

yeah think i will. coffee tends to make me tired. so i think i respond to things a bit weirdly sometimes. cyproheptadine was more like turning the light on. (which does tend to wake me up a bit)

mercutio

ok tried a drop orally, and i feel pressure in my forehead (just above eyes), and like i'm a bit more awake again, and some slight arm tension. this is nothing like my earlier cyp?

brocktoon

ok tried a drop orally, and i feel pressure in my forehead (just above eyes), and like i'm a bit more awake again, and some slight arm tension. this is nothing like my earlier cyp?
If this cypro just doesn't work for you, maybe Haidut would be amenable for a refund...though not every supplement works for everyone the same way, so I'm not saying the product is defective in some way.

IhateFin

I hear anticholigenic drugs can impair sexual desire and be bad for cognition!
What are the chances of this affecting that? Highly likely? I'm only gunna take .5mg.

InChristAlone

Definitely doesn't impair desire. At least for me. I've been on .5 mg for 8 months straight.