Cyproheptadine - Liquid Serotonin Antagonist For Lab/R&D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Indeed, very interesting information, thanks for the provision.

The therapeutic role of 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A receptors in depression

Among the drugs that are 5-HT2A antagonists include trazodone, mirtazapine, and nefazodone. It's unfortunate that mirtazapine has higher incidences of cardiac side effects (even compared to other antidepressants): Cardiovascular Considerations in Antidepressant Therapy: An Evidence-Based Review

If you reach out to Peat about serotonin antagonists at some point please ask his opinion on ketotifen as replacement for cypro. It would be very interesting hear his opinion and if ketotifen can replace cypro then we would have at least one serotonin antagonist with no known serious side effects.

Soren

Forum Supporter
I'm sure this has been answered before but I can't seem to find a complete answer anywhere at the moment. Can anyone please tell me specifically which serotonin receptors that cyproheptadine blocks?

Many Thanks.

Scenes

Does anyone else feel depressed when taking this?

I find I just can't do anything the day after taking it. Too tired. Not movitated.

Regulates bowel movements though which is nice. Probs not enough to keep it up.

brix

I find I just can't do anything the day after taking it. Too tired. Not movitated.

Regulates bowel movements though which is nice. Probs not enough to keep it up.

I think it brings on depression when I take it at night. Helplessness and demotivation for sure.

InChristAlone

Ray Peat advises to take less than 1 mg and if you experience side effects take even less, for instance I used to only be able to tolerate .25 mg now I can do .5-1 mg without many side effects just a bit of grogginess the next day.

Marg

Does anyone else feel depressed when taking this?

It seems to affect quite a few people on this forum with tiredness and depression. For me, I go into a nice relaxed state to a refreshing sleep at bedtime.

Because I have mast cell activation/allergy issues with hives, skin redness, and feeling faint, my allergist placed me on all the current H1 and H2 non-drowsy meds- loratadine, allegra, etc... and they worked to some degree, but not that great.

But when I tried Cypro after finding RP, bang, what a difference and it helped with a multitude of sky-high estrogenic/serotonergic symptoms; irritable bowel and vascular gut/stomach spasms, sinus pressure and endless mucus, migraine headaches, braingfog...it is truly a wonder drug for me at 2-4 mg before bed!

It was very sedating for maybe the first 4 days, but after that no problems. Knock on wood, I haven't felt depressed at all, and I have been using it for about a year. I use it for a few months, then I go off for maybe a month, or if I need it for any acute symptoms I will then take as needed. I am still experimenting.

Last edited:

Xhale1991

It seems to affect quite a few people on this forum with tiredness and depression. For me, I go into a nice relaxed state to a refreshing sleep at bedtime.

Because I have mast cell activation/allergy issues with hives, skin redness, and feeling faint, my allergist placed me on all the current H1 and H2 non-drowsy meds- loratadine, allegra, etc... and they worked to some degree, but not that great.

But when I tried Cypro after finding RP, bang, what a difference and it helped with a multitude of sky-high estrogenic/serotonergic symptoms; irritable bowel and vascular gut/stomach spasms, sinus pressure and endless mucus, migraine headaches, braingfog...it is truly a wonder drug for me at 2-4 mg before bed!

It was very sedating for maybe the first 4 days, but after that no problems. Knock on wood, I haven't felt depressed at all, and I have been using it for about a year. I use it for a few months, then I go off for maybe a month, or if I need it for any acute symptoms I will then take as needed. I am still experimenting.
Did you try out a low histamine diet? How can you even eat RP style since almsot everything he advocates is very high in histamine.

Marg

Did you try out a low histamine diet? How can you even eat RP style since almsot everything he advocates is very high in histamine.

Yes I spent a lot of time researching on:

https://healinghistamine.com

I found that I was sensitive to high histamine red wines, aged meat, and a lot of shellfish, which I avoid. I break out in hives from melons and kiwi makes my lips swell. Some people have success with her recomendations moreso than others and food elimination is complicated. Some low histamine fruits and vegetables don't agree with me either.

As for RP diet sugestions, I can drink oj and milk with no problem, reduce tryptophan by lowering meat and balancing with gelatin. I eat fresh warm water white flesh fish only.

Lots of other allergy medicines that I tried failed to work or were partially effective. Cypro was the only one that helped me as the low histamine diet for me was not enough and I was very, very ill.

Hopefully in the future I can stop the Cypro too, if the nutrition works well enough.

M

member 6316

should I take anything with cypro in combination? Like tyrosine since this lowers dopamine ? any suggestions or wellbutrin? also someone said it surpresses growth hormone and im only 20 years old what dosage should i take? im taking this for the serotonin reduction, but the OP said you need more than 4mg to reduce serotonin? i dont wanna hinder my growth but I also wanna be able to reduce my serotonin lvls..

James ardagna

have been using haiduts cypro only 1 drop (.5mg) and for me it has instant thyroid effects. warm (we are in the middle of winter) bowel movements, steady energy even to the point of not being tired at bed time (sleep like a baby though). My reason for taking it was to see if it brought down cortisol so Im guessing that the cortisol lowering effect has allowed for proper thyroid metabolism. anti serotonin effects were felt in the stomach, like I had less bloating and a feeling of lightness in the gut. For me I will try and keep using it in as little dose as possible, as only one drop has such as effect that can even last for two days.

M

member 6316

have been using haiduts cypro only 1 drop (.5mg) and for me it has instant thyroid effects. warm (we are in the middle of winter) bowel movements, steady energy even to the point of not being tired at bed time (sleep like a baby though). My reason for taking it was to see if it brought down cortisol so Im guessing that the cortisol lowering effect has allowed for proper thyroid metabolism. anti serotonin effects were felt in the stomach, like I had less bloating and a feeling of lightness in the gut. For me I will try and keep using it in as little dose as possible, as only one drop has such as effect that can even last for two days.
how do you take the cypro?

James ardagna

also just saw on the news that in Melbourne Australia they are trialling Anavex which is a cortisol lowering?/blocking? agent and are seeing fantastic results in Alzheimers patients. not sure of the toxicity or side effects though.

brix

one drop on the wrist
I've been taking 3 drops twice a day and have noticed feeling lighter on my feet, no fatigue and better digestion. I got attacked by mosquitoes and felt immediate relief, so I know it's legitimate.

Horse Fighter

I'm taking 4mg per day
Positive sides: Cypro stopped my GERD reaction from taking aspirin, without cypro even 250mg of aspirin destroys my stomach.
Bad sides: constipation, really bad constipation.

I'm using for just 3 days, should i keep using it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals