Cyproheptadine - Liquid Serotonin Antagonist For Lab/R&D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
the sleep was the major reason I took it in he first place and that is the area I was reffering to when I said no effect whatsoever. I read about people saying that they sleep for hours no end and hoped it would it improve it but as I said I woke up in the middle of the night as usual and could not fall back asleep as usual.

I would try a higher dose but not a crazy one. I think 6 drops would have a strong effect on sleep.

DennisX

Cypro has known dopamine antagonism beyond certain concentrations, so I would not use it for prolactin inhbition. Lisuride is probably the most potent for that purpose, followed by metergoline, ritanserin, and cypro being last as it can also lower prolactin when used in doses where it does not antagonize dopamine receptors.
At what dose do you think cypro would not antagonize dopamine receptors?
0.5mg of cabergoline is taken to lower prolactin by agonizing the dopamine receptors. cabergolin also agonizes the 5HT2B receptor. If 1mg cypro is taken at the same time as 0.5mg cab would this cancel the the dopamine agonism of cab and the 5HT2B agonism of cab?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
At what dose do you think cypro would not antagonize dopamine receptors?
0.5mg of cabergoline is taken to lower prolactin by agonizing the dopamine receptors. cabergolin also agonizes the 5HT2B receptor. If 1mg cypro is taken at the same time as 0.5mg cab would this cancel the the dopamine agonism of cab and the 5HT2B agonism of cab?

Search the forum for "cyproheptadine dopamine antagonism" or better yet, search Google for "site:raypeatforum.com cyproheptadine dopamine antagonism".

DennisX

Search the forum for "cyproheptadine dopamine antagonism" or better yet, search Google for "site:raypeatforum.com cyproheptadine dopamine antagonism".
Thanks for the URL!
These two old pubmed references show that cypro does inhibit prolactin although I don't know at what dose.

Cyproheptadine-mediated inhibition of growth hormone and prolactin release from pituitary adenoma cells of acromegaly and gigantism in culture. - PubMed - NCBI Cyproheptadine-mediated inhibition of growth hormone and prolactin release from pituitary adenoma cells of acromegaly and gigantism in culture.

Effect of cyproheptadine on thyrotrophin and prolactin secretion in normal man. - PubMed - NCBI Effect of cyproheptadine on thyrotrophin and prolactin secretion in normal man

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the URL!
These two old pubmed references show that cypro does inhibit prolactin although I don't know at what dose.

Cyproheptadine-mediated inhibition of growth hormone and prolactin release from pituitary adenoma cells of acromegaly and gigantism in culture. - PubMed - NCBI Cyproheptadine-mediated inhibition of growth hormone and prolactin release from pituitary adenoma cells of acromegaly and gigantism in culture.

Effect of cyproheptadine on thyrotrophin and prolactin secretion in normal man. - PubMed - NCBI Effect of cyproheptadine on thyrotrophin and prolactin secretion in normal man

Yes, but some studies also show increase in prolactin. Those are also posted somewhere on the forum. Given the proven dopamine antagonist in higher doses, I would avoid higher doses. In lower doses, since cypro is a non-specific serotonin antagonist and probably antagonizes 5-HT1 this would account for its prolactin lowering effects in some studies. Metergoline basically does the same in lower doses and without the dopamine antagonism.

DennisX

Binding affinities of Cypro and cabergoline (ki in nmol/L)
CAB Cypro
D1 182 117
D2 0.7 112
D3 1.5 8
D4 9.0
5HT1A 20 59
5HT1B 478
5HT1D 8.7
5HT2A 6.2 1.67
5HT2B 1.2 1.54
5HT2C 692 2.23

This would seem to show that 1mg of cypro would not block 0.5 cabs d2 and d3 agonism but would cancel out cab's 5HT2A and 5HT2B agonism.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Binding affinities of Cypro and cabergoline (ki in nmol/L)
CAB Cypro
D1 182 117
D2 0.7 112
D3 1.5 8
D4 9.0
5HT1A 20 59
5HT1B 478
5HT1D 8.7
5HT2A 6.2 1.67
5HT2B 1.2 1.54
5HT2C 692 2.23

This would seem to show that 1mg of cypro would not block 0.5 cabs d2 and d3 agonism but would cancel out cab's 5HT2A and 5HT2B agonism.

Yes, and that is probably why an in vivo study found concomitant administration of cypro and those mixed agonists to protect from their fibrotic side effects.
http://ajpheart.physiology.org/content/ajpheart/296/6/H1940.full.pdf

InChristAlone

Does ingestion of of this cypro cause any negatives for any other rats? My rat seems to be getting an upset tummy after taking it orally. Doing it that way to cut dose in half. Should I cut dosage by doing half and half in another bottle and topping up with vodka? So that I can do topical for my rat?

Waynish

Should a rat use the same cocktail to test cypro orally, even though it has DMSO in it? Or is it recommended for oral testing to get supplements without DMSO?

I know a rat that wants to combine minimal oral and topical doses to try to get an optimal amount to the inside of the small intestine and before it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Should a rat use the same cocktail to test cypro orally, even though it has DMSO in it? Or is it recommended for oral testing to get supplements without DMSO?

I know a rat that wants to combine minimal oral and topical doses to try to get an optimal amount to the inside of the small intestine and before it.

Some people use DMSO-based supplements orally but we can't officially endorse such use with out products. I don't know that there is an optimal combination of oral and topical. Most people use one or the other with reportedly good results.

Waynish

@johnwaster130 - I'm also curious about proper ways to dilute idea lab substances too. Perhaps we could have a source for those bottles you use and just dilute in water? I'm thinking of adding/testing some additions to Solban - so I would just take Solban, add it to another bottle, and add the additives. Also, I'd like to dilute tyronene to about 1/4th the concentration - but would I dilute 1:4 in water or would I need DMSO?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Mufasa

Would just apllying a drop to the hair region do a job? Or hard to get the whole area covered?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sell the spray bottle caps separately?

Actually, that would make is much worse legally. It would be considered "conspiracy", as it suggests I intended for the product to be used by humans and it is unusable otherwise unless the cap is bought from me.

johnwester130

It would be fairly easy for anyone to just transfer it to their own spray bottle.

but for topical use over the body, simply water/cyproheptadine would be a good choice

LUH 3417

the sleep was the major reason I took it in he first place and that is the area I was reffering to when I said no effect whatsoever. I read about people saying that they sleep for hours no end and hoped it would it improve it but as I said I woke up in the middle of the night as usual and could not fall back asleep as usual.
i took 6 drops or 3mg to be able to sleep. 0.5 did nothing for me in terms of sleep. however with a larger dose i was able to sleep for 6 hours without waking up to pee or having bad dreams which is really an anomaly (for me)

Makaveli

@haidut which IdeaLabs supplement would pair well with Cyproheptadine? I'm leaning towards Lisuride to increase dopamine but would the combo inhibit serotonin too much?