Cyproheptadine - Liquid Serotonin Antagonist For Lab/R&D

Waynish

For most people, Ray recommends 1mg cypro daily, no more. For people with serious conditions he has mentioned doing 2mg - 3mg daily. So, at 6 drops you are above even the "serious" doses he mentioned. Cypro can really lower stress hormones and histamine, which can leave a person feeling like zombie the next day (if taken at night) as it has relatively long half-life.

And for topical use, how much should we assume is absorbed?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
And for topical use, how much should we assume is absorbed?

In DMSO, pretty much all of it gets absorbed. I don't know if DMSO potentiates cypro effects like it does with steroids though.

Tarmander

I have had nothing but good effects from this. I have been taking 0.5mg around 7pm at night for the past three nights. I notice my voice gets stronger, and last night I slept all the way through the night. It was wonderful. The first time I took it, I did a higher dose of 1mg and noticed much more intense effects. I also had some restless leg at the higher dose, and an increased sensitivity in my whole body.

Since starting it, my blood sugars have run higher. In some ways this has been a preference thing. As my blood sugars fall, I get more and more of a restless feeling. So it seems like my body is comfortable at a blood sugar that is higher. My theory is that my CNS has unregulated my blood sugar to help with the metabolism increasing effects. I have no doubt that sometimes people have higher blood sugars because the body wants it high...when that person then takes something to lower it, they fight their body.

I will also say that my experience matches some of the things talked about by Haidut in the "cypro may be a wonder drug" thread. I feel much more resilient to stress. My mood does not seem to be as stable, but I do not have to worry so much about taking it easy to avoid falling asleep. Ahh the carefree feeling of the young. Who cares what you do when you can fall asleep so well!

I will use it for a couple more days, and then go off for awhile to see what happens. I would love to take this forever, but I am a bit hesitant on that front.

I wanted to follow up on my experiment with cypro. I had some interesting effects. I took .5mg -1mg about 2 hours before bed every night for about a week and a half.

In that time, I lost about 5 pounds and felt leaner. I think most of this was probably water weight. I felt a lot "drier," my hands were dry, my face skin was dry. It felt a bit like the water was boiled off.

After discontinuing the cypro for a week, the weight came back. So probably water weight....which is kind of cool in itself.

When I first started it I felt much more relaxation and a bit of a dopamine strength and confidence. As the trial went on, the effect wore off and towards the end I started to feel a bit depressed, sluggish, and irritated. The amount of time I felt good was getting shorter and shorter.

The day after I stopped taking it I got a huge blood sugar spike. I needed an incredible amount of insulin to keep my blood sugar down. Cypro is definitely a drug, it suppresses and when it gets taken away, there is a rebound.

I am not sure the best way to take cypro. Perhaps on a Saturday night for a relaxing Sunday? I could also see needing it regularly if you are really having some issues. The other option is to take very large amounts to get the stress reset, and then move on. All might be viable options. Overall I think it's nice to have in your toolbag.

InChristAlone

I wanted to follow up on my experiment with cypro. I had some interesting effects. I took .5mg -1mg about 2 hours before bed every night for about a week and a half.

In that time, I lost about 5 pounds and felt leaner. I think most of this was probably water weight. I felt a lot "drier," my hands were dry, my face skin was dry. It felt a bit like the water was boiled off.

After discontinuing the cypro for a week, the weight came back. So probably water weight....which is kind of cool in itself.

When I first started it I felt much more relaxation and a bit of a dopamine strength and confidence. As the trial went on, the effect wore off and towards the end I started to feel a bit depressed, sluggish, and irritated. The amount of time I felt good was getting shorter and shorter.

The day after I stopped taking it I got a huge blood sugar spike. I needed an incredible amount of insulin to keep my blood sugar down. Cypro is definitely a drug, it suppresses and when it gets taken away, there is a rebound.

I am not sure the best way to take cypro. Perhaps on a Saturday night for a relaxing Sunday? I could also see needing it regularly if you are really having some issues. The other option is to take very large amounts to get the stress reset, and then move on. All might be viable options. Overall I think it's nice to have in your toolbag.
I have always thought it causes a rebound. I usually retain a bit more water on it so that's interesting. I've been on it for 2 months. I tried going off but the 2nd day had rebound adrenaline/cortisol.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Thanks for the feedback! Pretty much agree with your assessment - great tool to be used sporadically when under extreme stress, to control/prevent infection of some sort, or controlling blood sugar spikes. Peat's latest newsletter is on substances that can stop the shock reaction and how they can potentially reset the organism back to health so that thyroid can take over. Cypro is one such substances as far as I am concerned.

Tarmander

Thanks for the feedback! Pretty much agree with your assessment - great tool to be used sporadically when under extreme stress, to control/prevent infection of some sort, or controlling blood sugar spikes. Peat's latest newsletter is on substances that can stop the shock reaction and how they can potentially reset the organism back to health so that thyroid can take over. Cypro is one such substances as far as I am concerned.

Interesting. I do not get his newsletter, did he mention dosages of these substances to stop the shock reaction? I would be curious how much cypro he would say is needed.

Tarmander

I have always thought it causes a rebound. I usually retain a bit more water on it so that's interesting. I've been on it for 2 months. I tried going off but the 2nd day had rebound adrenaline/cortisol.

What have you noticed in 2 months of taking it? Did you notice any wear off of the effect? After my trial with it, and as the effects started to wane for me, I can see a possible trap (with all drugs really)where you are getting less and less benefit, but still get the rebound after coming off it. So like at first big effect, then the body adapts to the substance, so less benefit, but still withdrawal.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Interesting. I do not get his newsletter, did he mention dosages of these substances to stop the shock reaction? I would be curious how much cypro he would say is needed.

Nope, no dosages, as usual. I think it is a legal thing, he avoids writing about specific chemical and specific doses in the same newsletter. But he has written about doses for those chemicals in his articles and mentioned doses in interviews.

HLP

@haidut, I noticed cypro might work to dissolve tissue calcification. I have a family member who has had two episodes of spinal fluid leaking due to a calcification in the T1 C7 area of the spine. Would we try the cypro topically for something like this? Next question, can you ship to Canada successfully? Anything would be worth a try since the surgery is very delicate with huge risks.

InChristAlone

What have you noticed in 2 months of taking it? Did you notice any wear off of the effect? After my trial with it, and as the effects started to wane for me, I can see a possible trap (with all drugs really)where you are getting less and less benefit, but still get the rebound after coming off it. So like at first big effect, then the body adapts to the substance, so less benefit, but still withdrawal.
The effects are more subtle over time, but still work powerful to suppress the stress response for me at least. At first I didn't like how it felt because of the drowsiness and irritability but that went away.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut, I noticed cypro might work to dissolve tissue calcification. I have a family member who has had two episodes of spinal fluid leaking due to a calcification in the T1 C7 area of the spine. Would we try the cypro topically for something like this? Next question, can you ship to Canada successfully? Anything would be worth a try since the surgery is very delicate with huge risks.

Vitamin K2, famotidine, magnesium and other things that raise CO2 levels should also help. Cyproheptadine is an option too. We have been shipping to Canada without issues. I don't think cypro is a controlled substance in Canada.

poilochio

Hey Tarmander

Are you also a typ 1 diabetic?

HLP

Vitamin K2, famotidine, magnesium and other things that raise CO2 levels should also help. Cyproheptadine is an option too. We have been shipping to Canada without issues. I don't think cypro is a controlled substance in Canada.
Thanks, you rock! We will discuss our options and are glad things are fairly stable at the moment.

Kang

@haidut, whenever I use ciproheptadine I am a prick with a surly mood and find it really hard to be positive or motivated to anything. Any idea why that might be? I did see you mentioned possibly using lisuride with it and I think it helped a bit, 2mg of Cipro and 4 drops of Lisuride but still dragging all day... any thoughts?

mirc12354

Tried 0.5 mg topically yesterday. No effects whatsoever. Do you think it would be better to try to increase the dose topically or to try the oral route?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut, whenever I use ciproheptadine I am a prick with a surly mood and find it really hard to be positive or motivated to anything. Any idea why that might be? I did see you mentioned possibly using lisuride with it and I think it helped a bit, 2mg of Cipro and 4 drops of Lisuride but still dragging all day... any thoughts?

I used to get the same mood effects but just like sedation it seems to dissipate after the first week. It could be lowered blood sugar and/or blood pressure as cypro can do both.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Tried 0.5 mg topically yesterday. No effects whatsoever. Do you think it would be better to try to increase the dose topically or to try the oral route?

I would not necessarily focus on mental effects. It should also improve digestion and sleep, and if it does then the dose is having the desired effect. The lower the dose used the less of a chance of it affecting dopamine receptors.

encerent

I get disinhibition (good in my case) from a bit of cypro and the effect is stronger combined with Vitamin K and methelyne blue

mirc12354

I would not necessarily focus on mental effects. It should also improve digestion and sleep, and if it does then the dose is having the desired effect. The lower the dose used the less of a chance of it affecting dopamine receptors.
the sleep was the major reason I took it in he first place and that is the area I was reffering to when I said no effect whatsoever. I read about people saying that they sleep for hours no end and hoped it would it improve it but as I said I woke up in the middle of the night as usual and could not fall back asleep as usual.