Cyproheptadine - Liquid Serotonin Antagonist For Lab/R&D

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut , Which of your lab chemicals do you think is the best and strongest prolactin antagonist?

Also can it be taken everyday and how what dose would be equivalent to 0.5mg of cabergolin?

Cypro has known dopamine antagonism beyond certain concentrations, so I would not use it for prolactin inhbition. Lisuride is probably the most potent for that purpose, followed by metergoline, ritanserin, and cypro being last as it can also lower prolactin when used in doses where it does not antagonize dopamine receptors.

Last edited:

DennisX

Cypro has known dopamine antagonism beyond certain concentrations, so I would not use it for prolactin inhbition. Lisuride is probably the most potent for that purpose, followed by lisuride, ritanserin, and cypro being last as it can also lower prolactin when used in doses where it does not antagonize dopamine receptors.

Thanks. Did you mean Metergoline was the most potent in your reply or followed by metergoline,....?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks. Did you mean Metergoline was the most potent in your reply or followed by metergoline,....?

Ooops, I meant lisuride is the most potent followed by metergoline.

DennisX

Cypro has known dopamine antagonism beyond certain concentrations, so I would not use it for prolactin inhbition. Lisuride is probably the most potent for that purpose, followed by metergoline, ritanserin, and cypro being last as it can also lower prolactin when used in doses where it does not antagonize dopamine receptors.
If you have BPH then cypro it is not recommended for use by most drug sites. I haven't found any negative information about metergoline and BPH or prostate cancer.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
If you have BPH then cypro it is not recommended for use by most drug sites. I haven't found any negative information about metergoline and BPH or prostate cancer.

Not sure I see a good reason to avoid cypro due to BPH. What is the proposed mechanism through cypro will hurt the prostate?

DennisX

Not sure I see a good reason to avoid cypro due to BPH. What is the proposed mechanism through cypro will hurt the prostate?
A google search of " cyproheptadine and prostate" does not return any negative pubmed studies. But when you look at drugs.com and others you find this:

Do NOT use cyproheptadine if:
  • you have narrow-angle glaucoma; a peptic ulcer; an enlarged prostate; or bladder, stomach, or bowel blockage
Perhaps drug.com and others are just listing the drug manufacturers list of low percentage side effects?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
A google search of " cyproheptadine and prostate" does not return any negative pubmed studies. But when you look at drugs.com and others you find this:

• you have narrow-angle glaucoma; a peptic ulcer; an enlarged prostate; or bladder, stomach, or bowel blockage
Perhaps drug.com and others are just listing the drug manufacturers list of low percentage side effects?

Cyproheptadine is known to cause urine retention in high doses due to its anticholinergic effects. Combine with an enlarged prostate this may cause too much retention. At least this is my guess. I don't see anything in its known effects to make it bad for prostate. The warning about peptic ulcers also does not make much sense. Cypro is a histamine antagonist that can block H2 in higher doses and H2 antagonists are used to treat peptic ulcers. So, drugs.com probably just copied something over from somebody else, who copied it from somebody else, etc, etc and eventually nobody knows who said it first and why.

Waynish

Wouldn't the best ingestion method to kill pathogens in a rat's small intestine be oral?
If so, then any advice on increasing effectiveness by combining with other compounds/foods?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wouldn't the best ingestion method to kill pathogens in a rat's small intestine be oral?
If so, then any advice on increasing effectiveness by combining with other compounds/foods?

Probably not, as the chemical would absorb in the stomach and not even reach the small intestine. Same thing happened with plain vs. bufferred aspirin. After decades of claiming that buffered aspirin is safer due to decreased absorption the studies found out it is much more dangerous as it actually reaches the small intestine and can do damage there. Uncoated/plain aspirin gets absorbed in the stomach and does not get much chance to do damage. So, chemicals that are not buffered in any way will probably end up getting absorbed in the stomach and not reach the small intestine. Applying on the abdomen may be better for getting more of the chemical to the intestines.

Waynish

Probably not, as the chemical would absorb in the stomach and not even reach the small intestine. Same thing happened with plain vs. bufferred aspirin. After decades of claiming that buffered aspirin is safer due to decreased absorption the studies found out it is much more dangerous as it actually reaches the small intestine and can do damage there. Uncoated/plain aspirin gets absorbed in the stomach and does not get much chance to do damage. So, chemicals that are not buffered in any way will probably end up getting absorbed in the stomach and not reach the small intestine. Applying on the abdomen may be better for getting more of the chemical to the intestines.

Interesting! Then I wonder about all of the antibiotics given by doctors in pill form. How are they ravaging gut flora - as many claim?

SQu

• you have narrow-angle glaucoma;

Any reason to think there might be something to this? My husband takes 4mg cypro heptadine, had a high and fluctuating intra ocular pressure reading last month, could there be a connection?

mirc12354

What is the shelf life of this product and how should it be stored to maximize the shelflife?

dam haidut... respect... you're getting everything on there, damn man, if you get t3... idealabs will be all we need...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What is the shelf life of this product and how should it be stored to maximize the shelflife?

We have a few bottles that are 6 month old and still work just as well. There is nothing inside that spoils but if you keep in the fridge it may prolong shelf life. It can also increase chance of precipitation of the chemical, so do at your own risk. I think keeping outside on the shelf or in a cabinet would be good enough.

Velve921

We have a few bottles that are 6 month old and still work just as well. There is nothing inside that spoils but if you keep in the fridge it may prolong shelf life. It can also increase chance of precipitation of the chemical, so do at your own risk. I think keeping outside on the shelf or in a cabinet would be good enough.

I've taken any where from 2-8mg of cyproheptadine...does the functional equivalency change with your product? In other words, would 2mg in tablet form act differently than 2mg of your product?

Tarmander

I have had nothing but good effects from this. I have been taking 0.5mg around 7pm at night for the past three nights. I notice my voice gets stronger, and last night I slept all the way through the night. It was wonderful. The first time I took it, I did a higher dose of 1mg and noticed much more intense effects. I also had some restless leg at the higher dose, and an increased sensitivity in my whole body.

Since starting it, my blood sugars have run higher. In some ways this has been a preference thing. As my blood sugars fall, I get more and more of a restless feeling. So it seems like my body is comfortable at a blood sugar that is higher. My theory is that my CNS has unregulated my blood sugar to help with the metabolism increasing effects. I have no doubt that sometimes people have higher blood sugars because the body wants it high...when that person then takes something to lower it, they fight their body.

I will also say that my experience matches some of the things talked about by Haidut in the "cypro may be a wonder drug" thread. I feel much more resilient to stress. My mood does not seem to be as stable, but I do not have to worry so much about taking it easy to avoid falling asleep. Ahh the carefree feeling of the young. Who cares what you do when you can fall asleep so well!

I will use it for a couple more days, and then go off for awhile to see what happens. I would love to take this forever, but I am a bit hesitant on that front.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have had nothing but good effects from this. I have been taking 0.5mg around 7pm at night for the past three nights. I notice my voice gets stronger, and last night I slept all the way through the night. It was wonderful. The first time I took it, I did a higher dose of 1mg and noticed much more intense effects. I also had some restless leg at the higher dose, and an increased sensitivity in my whole body.

Since starting it, my blood sugars have run higher. In some ways this has been a preference thing. As my blood sugars fall, I get more and more of a restless feeling. So it seems like my body is comfortable at a blood sugar that is higher. My theory is that my CNS has unregulated my blood sugar to help with the metabolism increasing effects. I have no doubt that sometimes people have higher blood sugars because the body wants it high...when that person then takes something to lower it, they fight their body.

I will also say that my experience matches some of the things talked about by Haidut in the "cypro may be a wonder drug" thread. I feel much more resilient to stress. My mood does not seem to be as stable, but I do not have to worry so much about taking it easy to avoid falling asleep. Ahh the carefree feeling of the young. Who cares what you do when you can fall asleep so well!

I will use it for a couple more days, and then go off for awhile to see what happens. I would love to take this forever, but I am a bit hesitant on that front.

Great feedback, thank a lot!

Mufasa

I took 6 drops of cypro. Maybe too much? I didn't like it really well to be honest. I just wanted to experiment with it, but metergoline seems much better for me.

With metergoline, I would call friends in the weekend, and do stuff. With cypro, I just stay for the whole day behind the computer, watching youtube, learning some programming stuff. Stay up until late. Wake up late. It may be good for my body, but it seems to trigger unhealthy activities.

Normally, I do some yoga in the weekend, in my room, and I can do it for 50 min. until I sweat without feeling needing "discipline". Just for fun really. Now, after 5 min. I already stopped doing it.

I do feel warmer, not stressed, and very hungry. But I guess it lowered dopamine too much in this dosage.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I took 6 drops of cypro. Maybe too much? I didn't like it really well to be honest. I just wanted to experiment with it, but metergoline seems much better for me.

With metergoline, I would call friends in the weekend, and do stuff. With cypro, I just stay for the whole day behind the computer, watching youtube, learning some programming stuff. Stay up until late. Wake up late. It may be good for my body, but it seems to trigger unhealthy activities.

Normally, I do some yoga in the weekend, in my room, and I can do it for 50 min. until I sweat without feeling needing "discipline". Just for fun really. Now, after 5 min. I already stopped doing it.

I do feel warmer, not stressed, and very hungry. But I guess it lowered dopamine too much in this dosage.

For most people, Ray recommends 1mg cypro daily, no more. For people with serious conditions he has mentioned doing 2mg - 3mg daily. So, at 6 drops you are above even the "serious" doses he mentioned. Cypro can really lower stress hormones and histamine, which can leave a person feeling like zombie the next day (if taken at night) as it has relatively long half-life.