Cyproheptadine - Alternatives

southcesar

I would like to have a question clarified. Cypro weight gain happens through increased appetite, right? so if i police myself to eat the amount of food i normally eat while i take cypro wouldn't i be gaining weight?

Waynish

I would like to have a question clarified. Cypro weight gain happens through increased appetite, right? so if i police myself to eat the amount of food i normally eat while i take cypro wouldn't i be gaining weight?
I don't think that is established as the cause.

Peater

I'm struggling to shift weight and I wonder if it's my mostly regular nightly ~1mg cypro. If anything I've lessened calories, I no longer have cream in my coffee, I use low fat milk. I certainly haven't vastly increased calories. I've noticed it's been since I had COVID in early 2020 but I had a lot going on then so it might just be correlation with cypro. I have taken that since at least 2017 to help manage a mysterious itching problem.

Waynish

I'm struggling to shift weight and I wonder if it's my mostly regular nightly ~1mg cypro. If anything I've lessened calories, I no longer have cream in my coffee, I use low fat milk. I certainly haven't vastly increased calories. I've noticed it's been since I had COVID in early 2020 but I had a lot going on then so it might just be correlation with cypro. I have taken that since at least 2017 to help manage a mysterious itching problem.
If your goal is fat loss, then cypro isn't the way. No idea how fat you are, but if it is to get your abs to show, then I would reevaluate. But of course if you're really fat, then fat loss should be a desireable side effect of the goal. Less liquid calories, more solid calories, nothing that decreases body temperature, more exercise (especially walking)... If there's still a problem after months, then we need more detail.

Peater

If your goal is fat loss, then cypro isn't the way. No idea how fat you are, but if it is to get your abs to show, then I would reevaluate. But of course if you're really fat, then fat loss should be a desireable side effect of the goal. Less liquid calories, more solid calories, nothing that decreases body temperature, more exercise (especially walking)... If there's still a problem after months, then we need more detail.

Not fat at all especially by modern standards, but heavier set than I used to be and I don't like it!

Waynish

Not fat at all especially by modern standards, but heavier set than I used to be and I don't like it!
So you prefer less fat, but don't want to give up cypro? Cypro is powerful enough to be in question as a regular-use substance in my view. Trade it for nicotine, HCl, less calories-by-liquid, and in one month I bet you'll see big changes - not sure why you needed cypro though. Just first reaction; I could make a more tailored list.

Peater

So you prefer less fat, but don't want to give up cypro? Cypro is powerful enough to be in question as a regular-use substance in my view. Trade it for nicotine, HCl, less calories-by-liquid, and in one month I bet you'll see big changes - not sure why you needed cypro though. Just first reaction; I could make a more tailored list.

Yes I'm going to drop it for a while and see what happens. It will be interesting to see what happens and just how dependent on calories the weight effects are. What is HCl? I needed cypro to manage the condition I mentioned - I still do, I'll just have to struggle through. I think it might be Bartonella. I've ordered some Biodisrupt so hopefully I can breakdown the biofilm and my immune system can do the rest.

Waynish

Just for itching... Best determine the cause via other means. Fungi potentially. See if it is affected by more sun / UV light. HCl is "Hydrochloric acid" for digestive power.

Peater

Just for itching... Best determine the cause via other means. Fungi potentially. See if it is affected by more sun / UV light. HCl is "Hydrochloric acid" for digestive power.

Thanks I'll get some of that.

Mauritio

Cypro antagonizes the D2 receptor ,which has been shown to lead to weight gain and appetite increase. Many people say the affinity is low but that is not what we see in real life : a large proportion (not all) of people gain weight in cypro.
It also seems to increase prolactin sometimes, in some people really drastically , which is consistent with D2 antagonism.

I posted about this here:

Peater

Cypro antagonizes the D2 receptor ,which has been shown to lead to weight gain and appetite increase. Many people say the affinity is low but that is not what we see in real life : a large proportion (not all) of people gain weight in cypro.
It also seems to increase prolactin sometimes, in some people really drastically , which is consistent with D2 antagonism.

I posted about this here:

That's interesting thanks as it doesn't seem to have really affected my appetite, maybe occasionally I would over-eat but who doesn't. There really does seem to, in my case anyway, be more to it than cypro increasing calories in via appetite.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals