Any more thoughts regarding its effect on testosterone levels if any? I’m going to order some shortly.

LUH 3417

In theory, it should raise t. Less serotonin, more dopamine, less prolactin, less estrogen, more T.
How do you that because something lowers serotonin it will also lower estrogen? If the estrogen is stored in fat cells or in the liver and you lower serotonin does that automatically mean you’re dumping estrogen? I mean I really want to believe cypro does all these things

heiler

I think I'm always getting high blood pressure on the day after taking 4mg-12mg of cypro to sleep.. Or it's a huge coincidence...

Last edited:

Mauritio

I took a total of 0,5mg cypro yesterday for the first time.
It made me sleepier but didnt make me fall asleep. But it made it possible to use Melatonin which didn't work for me anymore (i suspect too high serotonin levels) .
Before sleeping i felt more social when talking to my landlords and no anxiety about upcoming exams and less stress.
Also my hair looked better which is usually one of the first things to react to anything i take . I didn't feel groggy the next day and am able to study pretty well. No increased appetite so far.
So exicted about the things i can do with it . Thinking about combining it with 11keto-dht or pregnenolone ...
@haidut and others : did anyone try Pregnenolon /DHT and cypro ?Could be a great combo . preg made me androgenic ,self confident and happy but also stressed (insomnia) when i took it , so in theory the preg should take care of the stress hormones ?!
One downside is: i used to have high libido esp the last weeks and that went down quite a bit . I suspect less histamin ,since people with high histamin usually have high libido . The strange thing is that doxylamin didnt affect my libido when i took it. Do cortisol or nitric oxide play a part in libido ? Also my eq is worse which is probably the worst thing about taking it (due to lowered NO) ... i have read about other peoples libido beeing lower. Mabye its lowered dopamin ?

Last edited:

Mauritio

i have to report back on cypro. maybe someone can help me .
i always wake up the next day with bloodshot eyes after i take cypro. what could that be ?
also i have a weird feeling in my stomach as if it was inflamed or just very "sensitive"
besides that i am more relaxed and so on thats why i do want keep taking it at least for a few weeks ...

Herbie

i have to report back on cypro. maybe someone can help me .
i always wake up the next day with bloodshot eyes after i take cypro. what could that be ?
also i have a weird feeling in my stomach as if it was inflamed or just very "sensitive"
besides that i am more relaxed and so on thats why i do want keep taking it at least for a few weeks ...

I think this occurred for me when I started using it but I think it improved as I kept taking it and now when I use it I don’t get any veins in the eyes.

Mauritio

I think this occurred for me when I started using it but I think it improved as I kept taking it and now when I use it I don’t get any veins in the eyes.
Hm interesting...I was thinking it could be liver related . Because bloodshot eyes are often liver related . IF that is true it means your liver health got better during taking cypro. Something like that was suggested by someone else in a thread ,meaning high liver enzymes only there because your liver actually heals ...
So i will see if that's true . I am already taking it for two weeks . How long did it take for you to see the red eyes subside?

jet9

It gives me lactic acid and takes away the will to do anything. Then it gives me restless legs so I need to spend the night walking around, but it makes me too tired to walk around :shootself
Are you still taking crypto? Did these sides pass?

Waynish

Cyproheptadine is a 1st generation anti-histamine drug. Second generation variants include cetirizine and loratadine with fewer side effects like drowsiness, etc. My son uses the last 2 and have very good response for hayfever and general better feeling when stressed because of the hayfever allergic reactions.

Ray Peat has said that it is anti estrogenic and thats probably why he responds so well on it.

Any more info comparing and contrasting loratadine & cyproheptadine?

Blue09

I took cyproheptadine for 2 months at 1mg a day for weight gain and boy did it work. Gained 10 pounds but lost my libido and it basically turned me into a walking zombie. Took me a while to fully recover and get back to my old self again. Lost all the weight i gained aswell which sucked.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
So I've started using Cypro at around 4mg orally before bed....But before this, I have been using BPC-157 for a week to heal my medial meniscus, which it did. Unreal.

However, I can barely notice any sedation/sleepiness from The Cypro?!?! this is my first time using it as well...

I have been eating insane amounts of carbs and everything in my sight on cyproheptadine.

But the most annoying side effect immediately worth noticing is the COMPLETE LACK OF MUSCULAR PUMP when doing weights. My muscles literally feel EMPTY. Tried upping salt, tried smashing carbs, but nothing seems to work. I feel FLAT in the gym on Cypro?!

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
So I've started using Cypro at around 4mg orally before bed....But before this, I have been using BPC-157 for a week to heal my medial meniscus, which it did. Unreal.

However, I can barely notice any sedation/sleepiness from The Cypro?!?! this is my first time using it as well...

I have been eating insane amounts of carbs and everything in my sight on cyproheptadine.

But the most annoying side effect immediately worth noticing is the COMPLETE LACK OF MUSCULAR PUMP when doing weights. My muscles literally feel EMPTY. Tried upping salt, tried smashing carbs, but nothing seems to work. I feel FLAT in the gym on Cypro?!

I'd just like to report back.

CYPRO is a game changer for my somehow acquired PSSD from Ashwagandha usage.

What seems to happen is that Cypro at doses of 1mg seems to make my symptoms worse, but then 2-3 days later, it makes me feel cured of all my PSSD symptoms. I also found combining it with strong liver herbs like artichoke extract etc, to really help.
In addition, I STRONGLY believe that the use of ALCAR the day after makes me feel INCREDIBLE. ALCAR feels very very different under Cypro.
5-HT1A agonism?

Touching Zinc will render all of the above benefits completely inert. Somehow Zinc worsens my symptoms which are likely mediated by the 5-HT1A receptor.

InChristAlone

I'd just like to report back.

CYPRO is a game changer for my somehow acquired PSSD from Ashwagandha usage.

What seems to happen is that Cypro at doses of 1mg seems to make my symptoms worse, but then 2-3 days later, it makes me feel cured of all my PSSD symptoms. I also found combining it with strong liver herbs like artichoke extract etc, to really help.
In addition, I STRONGLY believe that the use of ALCAR the day after makes me feel INCREDIBLE. ALCAR feels very very different under Cypro.
5-HT1A agonism?

Touching Zinc will render all of the above benefits completely inert. Somehow Zinc worsens my symptoms which are likely mediated by the 5-HT1A receptor.
That's weird about zinc, doesn't zinc lower cortisol?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
That's weird about zinc, doesn't zinc lower cortisol?

Indeed it does Janelle, and there's a very strong link with glucocorticoids/cortisol and the 5-HT1A autoreceptor!!
Basically, if Ashwagandha worsens symptoms, then Zinc likely will too. I've met many other guys who say the same.

Are you still using cypro these days?

InChristAlone

Indeed it does Janelle, and there's a very strong link with glucocorticoids/cortisol and the 5-HT1A autoreceptor!!
Basically, if Ashwagandha worsens symptoms, then Zinc likely will too. I've met many other guys who say the same.

Are you still using cypro these days?
No it's been almost a year since I quit. This winter was kinda rough but I have actually been getting a lot more zinc lately and things have been going very well. I also quit progesterone.

Bart1

@haidut What’s the topical absorption rate of this product ; I cannot find it in this thread. For my rat I’m using 20 drops topically which seem to be a great relieve of his symptoms. But I seem to read in studies 24mg is used 3-6 months for remission. I’m pretty sure my rat has Cushing syndrome. I believe caused by either using too much thyroid/other stimulants in an already stressful state with compromised liver/metabolism because at that point before using thyroid, am cortisol high but within blood range and no buffalo hump/excessive fat. I’m in doubt which route to take for him. If I would seek medical attention and get an am/pm cortisol blood test and/or a dexamethasone suppresion test how long should one quit in advance of the test. Pretty scared for him to quit the cypro which might introduce anxiety and muscle loss again. Please some advice for my rat would be appreciated

Last edited:

Sunrise

@haidut , or whoever else may have a clear view on this point: how can someone retain the weight gain benefits after making a pause or quitting Cypro? How can one avoid loosing other gains as have happens to others in this thread?

Last edited: