Cyproheptadine (12mg daily) cures patient's metastatic liver cancer in just 2 weeks

haidut

Forum Supporter
A truly shocking case study, which demonstrates once again how even terminal disease are often curable with cheap, safe, and widely available compounds that have long ago been written off as "obsolete" by mainstream medicine. More importantly, the case study highlights the core role metabolism and major metabolic modulators such as serotonin (5-HT) play in virtually all chronic degenerative and even terminal diseases. Oh, and lest I forget - unlike other cancer studies so far that have used cyproheptadine as an add-on to mainstream cytotoxic treatments, in this case the 5-HT/H1 antagonist cyproheptadine was the only therapy administered.

Efficacy of Cyproheptadine Monotherapy in Hepatocellular Carcinoma With Bone Metastasis: A Case Report - PubMed

"...A 62-year-old woman with suspected advanced HCC accompanied by bone metastasis with severe back pain and sciatica showed disease remission after cyproheptadine monotherapy. Initially, her serum alpha fetal protein (AFP) level was high, reaching up to 17697.62 ng/ml. A dose of 4 mg cyproheptadine, 3 times a day for 17 months was prescribed as the only treatment. Within 3 months, the serum AFP level gradually normalized down to 4.3 ng/ml. Both liver biopsy and bone biopsies were subsequently performed after 2 weeks of cyproheptadine. The results showed no malignancy. During the 34 months of follow-ups, the serum AFP remained normal in the range of 1.05 to 2.86 ng/ml. The patient has survived for 5 years without back pain and sciatica thus far."

"...In this case, we prescribed only cyproheptadine based on our prior analysis of its anti-cancer properties (3, 7); it may stimulate the immune system; it may suppress prolactin, growth hormone and cortisol; thalidomide was not added at that time due to precautions of its possible adverse side effects. One tablet of cyproheptadine is 4 mg; A dose of 4 mg thrice daily is commonly recommended for colds and allergies, and it demonstrates being safe yet effective on HCC patients based on our previous report (3). Because the patient responded well to the single drug therapy while we were waiting for the results of biopsies, we decided to continue it. Because the patient’s immune system responded well to the single drug therapy while we were waiting for the results of biopsies, we decided to continue it. After three months, the results of her blood test (e.g. AFP level) and CT scan (e.g. tumor) all returned normal ranges. However, the results of CT scan still showed traces of suspected tumors. To avoid recurrence, we continued the same therapy for another fourteen months until there were no more traces of suspicious tumors, tests and symptoms."

"...We are certain that this is not a case of spontaneous regression of HCC. The patient did not receive other type of anti-cancer therapy before or after cyproheptadine monotherapy; her symptoms vanished, and the HCC had nearly complete remission while she was treated continuously with cyproheptadine monotherapy."

Last edited:

teds

Forum Supporter
How did she function? I’d be catatonic with that amount!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How did she function? I’d be catatonic with that amount!

I have taken up to 24mg daily, back in 2012-2013 timeframe and it can be done but the key is to first use low dose (2mg-4mg daily) for 7-10 days, as after that the drowsiness and catatonic feelings go away. Most studies for Cushing disease/syndrome use cypro doses in the 24mg-32mg daily range and those people functioned just fine...aside from the severe initial drowsiness.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
wake up in the middle of the night and eat loads of food.

Signs of low cortisol and improved (glucose) metabolism. Babies are like that and this is why they wake up several times a night to feed. Not saying it is something to aspire to, just saying it is not really a bad sign.

Rafe

That makes sense that cyproheptadine would do that. That was in Taiwan? Because it brings out how unlikely a trial like that could happen in a US hospital because the deadly treatments would be the medical gateway to the simpler, effective, cheaper treatment. And that would be only if the deadly treatments “didn’t work.” Backwards.

I took a lot of cyproheptadine daily too when I first started breaking up stress life. I got so used to it that I was wasting it taking 24 - 32mg/day. It’s amazing how tough the habit of stress response is. It so much wants to keep you alive.

Now completely different. .5 mg knocks me right out.

That’s a great new study.

BodhiBlues

Signs of low cortisol and improved (glucose) metabolism. Babies are like that and this is why they wake up several times a night to feed. Not saying it is something to aspire to, just saying it is not really a bad sign.
Yea, I really liked cypro, I was going through a stressful time and and it made me feel and sleep a lot better. It just made me fat, which was made worse by a leg injury which meant I couldn't exercise.

I'm going to try it again when I have lost some weight. I usually use an antihistamine in the summer anyway for mild hayfever, so it might as well be cypro.

burtlancast

"The patient did not receive other type of anti-cancer therapy before or after cyproheptadine monotherapy"

Well, they let that one slip through the net; they always make damn sure to always associate cancer drugs when testing non profitable anti cancer substances, as to not sink their own boat

Jonk

For me cypro initially gives me more back, hip and thigh-pain, altough I wonder if this is because it lowers inflammation. But because inflammation goes down it has allowed me to make more progress and faster with my rehab excersises (sciatica/back-pain). I believe I have some calcification in my hip from a prior injury

Philomath

@haidut would 10-Methoxy-Harmalan work similarly, but without the side effects?

noodlecat

dang, i wake up two or three times to drink juice or milk at night. sometimes ill chug a half can of coke. on nights i have ice cream before bed i usually only get up once.

sometimes just a piece of hard candy if i wake up works well too. and i always fall right back asleep in moments.

Last edited:

BodhiBlues

dang, i wake up two or three times to drink juice or milk at night. sometimes ill chug a half can of coke. on nights i have ice cream before bed i usually only get up once.

sometimes just a piece of hard candy if i wake up works well too. and i always fall right back asleep in moments.
Similar to me. I wake up 1 - 2 times at night and drink a glass of 2/3 milk, 1/3 orange juice and a pinch of salt and then go back to bed and normally fall asleep pretty quickly after.

Kvothe

Cypro is the most versatile and effective all-purpose substance after thyroid and progesterone. I can't think of anything cyrpo could not be used for.

Sefton10

Cypro is the most versatile and effective all-purpose substance after thyroid and progesterone. I can't think of anything cyrpo could not be used for.
Agree. It’s one of the very few things I’ve tried than I can reliably go back to for a positive effect.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut would 10-Methoxy-Harmalan work similarly, but without the side effects?

Hard to say, considering there are almost no studies on it. Also, cyproheptadine is an antihistamine and anticholinergic, so those effects probably also contribute to its benefit in this case. I don't know if 10-MeO-harmalan has those additional effects, but its antiserotonin effects should definitely help.

Gûs80

I have taken up to 24mg daily, back in 2012-2013 timeframe and it can be done but the key is to first use low dose (2mg-4mg daily) for 7-10 days, as after that the drowsiness and catatonic feelings go away. Most studies for Cushing disease/syndrome use cypro doses in the 24mg-32mg daily range and those people functioned just fine...aside from the severe initial drowsiness.
Olá Haidut,

I want to test cyproheptadine for sleep, but here in Brazil I only find it in association with Cobamamide in drugs to increase appetite in children. I have had chronic initial insomnia since I was 15 years old (now 41).

From what I researched Cobamamide is Adenosylcobalamin, I even found some articles about the anabolic effects of this substance. Unfortunately the articles are old and not available, but you can get an idea by the titles.

I read on a forum commenting that in one of the studies they compared Cobamamide with an anabolic steroid in children and the vitamin obtained better results due to its ability to increase protein synthesis.

Have you ever heard of this substance?

Enhancement of steroid anabolism by the association of cobamamide​

Cobamamid is a coenzyme of vitamin B12, present in various animal tissues and in humans. It is a substance that has the property of intervening in the metabolic processes of protein synthesis (protein metabolism), especially those carried out in the liver, being essential for the growth and eutrophication of the liver parenchyma. It is an anabolic compound, but differentiated from other substances of the same type, such as steroids, as it does not have its inconveniences, such as virilization, pseudohermaphroditism, gynecomastia, among others. It stimulates cell anabolism by activating protein synthesis, favoring the use of carbohydrates and lipids. It has anti-anemic action and acts on the central and peripheral nervous systems, in a neurotrophic and neuroregenerative way. It is a substance very well tolerated by the human body, being practically devoid of side effects. It acts on metabolic growth disorders and is often prescribed for pre-adolescent patients with developmental difficulties. Also used by bodybuilders as an alternative to anabolic steroids, which pose great health risks.

jdr75bulldog

A truly shocking case study, which demonstrates once again how even terminal disease are often curable with cheap, safe, and widely available compounds that have long ago been written off as "obsolete" by mainstream medicine. More importantly, the case study highlights the core role metabolism and major metabolic modulators such as serotonin (5-HT) play in virtually all chronic degenerative and even terminal diseases. Oh, and lest I forget - unlike other cancer studies so far that have used cyproheptadine as an add-on to mainstream cytotoxic treatments, in this case the 5-HT/H1 antagonist cyproheptadine was the only therapy administered.

Efficacy of Cyproheptadine Monotherapy in Hepatocellular Carcinoma With Bone Metastasis: A Case Report - PubMed

"...A 62-year-old woman with suspected advanced HCC accompanied by bone metastasis with severe back pain and sciatica showed disease remission after cyproheptadine monotherapy. Initially, her serum alpha fetal protein (AFP) level was high, reaching up to 17697.62 ng/ml. A dose of 4 mg cyproheptadine, 3 times a day for 17 months was prescribed as the only treatment. Within 3 months, the serum AFP level gradually normalized down to 4.3 ng/ml. Both liver biopsy and bone biopsies were subsequently performed after 2 weeks of cyproheptadine. The results showed no malignancy. During the 34 months of follow-ups, the serum AFP remained normal in the range of 1.05 to 2.86 ng/ml. The patient has survived for 5 years without back pain and sciatica thus far."

"...In this case, we prescribed only cyproheptadine based on our prior analysis of its anti-cancer properties (3, 7); it may stimulate the immune system; it may suppress prolactin, growth hormone and cortisol; thalidomide was not added at that time due to precautions of its possible adverse side effects. One tablet of cyproheptadine is 4 mg; A dose of 4 mg thrice daily is commonly recommended for colds and allergies, and it demonstrates being safe yet effective on HCC patients based on our previous report (3). Because the patient responded well to the single drug therapy while we were waiting for the results of biopsies, we decided to continue it. Because the patient’s immune system responded well to the single drug therapy while we were waiting for the results of biopsies, we decided to continue it. After three months, the results of her blood test (e.g. AFP level) and CT scan (e.g. tumor) all returned normal ranges. However, the results of CT scan still showed traces of suspected tumors. To avoid recurrence, we continued the same therapy for another fourteen months until there were no more traces of suspicious tumors, tests and symptoms."

"...We are certain that this is not a case of spontaneous regression of HCC. The patient did not receive other type of anti-cancer therapy before or after cyproheptadine monotherapy; her symptoms vanished, and the HCC had nearly complete remission while she was treated continuously with cyproheptadine monotherapy."
This is a phenomenal find! Much appreciated.

Dannyb

@haidut would you imagine this would apply to other types of cancers? Say skin cancers? I wonder if hypothetically one was to apply cypro to the affected area it would have any impact?

NewACC

Hard to say, considering there are almost no studies on it. Also, cyproheptadine is an antihistamine and anticholinergic, so those effects probably also contribute to its benefit in this case. I don't know if 10-MeO-harmalan has those additional effects, but its antiserotonin effects should definitely help.
@haidut , I know that lisuride is your product. But for everyone on this forum I'M SOOOO HIGHLY RECOMMENDING COMBINATION OF VERY HIGH DOSE OF CYPROHEPTADINE WITH PRETTY HIGH DOSE OF CABERGOLINE. THEY LOWER ALMOST ALL THEIR SIDE EFFECTS AND IN COMBINATION WITH KUTAJ IT'S SO FUNCTIONALLY EUPHORIC. ALSO I LOST ~20Lbs on IT. I'm sorry for typing so, but cabergoline is the strongest affordable ergoline dopamine agonist, but it's pretty rare example of serotonin SUPERagonist on very unpretty 5-ht2 and 5-ht1B and presynaptic d2 receptor, so it cause strong nausea depression or even dysphoria in sensitive people with low physiological dopamine to serotonin ratio, but cryproheptadine block all of them and kutaj antagonise histamine autoreceptor and have reverse tolerance to those effect to lower, not to block, just lower, too strong antihistamine effect of high dose of cryproheptadine