cyprocheptadine

OP
E
thanks for catching that. I was searching with the correct spelling though. I found some places, but wanna make sure i use a some what reputable source.

4peatssake

narouz said:
Try "Cyprolisina"
Whoa, wait a minute.

That's not straight cypro? My understanding is that it is a mix of cyproheptadine and cyanocobalamin.

narouz

Attachments

• kitty hands up.jpg
    kitty hands up.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 475

Mittir

Until you get your cyproheptadine, you can adopt a low tryptophan diet
with a lot of gelatin and BCAA. This will lower your serotonin.
Vitamin B6 and calcium increases conversion of tryptophan to niacin instead of serotonin.
For allergy RP also recommends pure Benadryl. 90+ percent of serotonin is produced
in gut, a diet free of allergens and irritant and easily digestible foods can lower
serotonin production. CO2/Bag breathing can inhibit serotonin release from platelet.
There are all sorts of RP recommended supplements ,which are easily available that can help.

OP
E
I have terrible gut problems. I have tried/do all of those except for bcaa. Right now, I don't think a allergen free diet exist for me. I want to see if taking cypro allows me to be less sensitive to foods.

Mittir

A lot of people here have reported that cypro improved their gut function.
There were some who had upset stomach from this at low doses.
My experience was the same. Half to 1 mg for 2 weeks caused stomach
problem but improved over all energy. I had to stop. Digestive problem is one
of the possible side effects of cypro. It is a good idea to try cypro for this issue.
If it does not work then you have to work on diet. I think it is possible to
figure out a diet that lowers gut problems.

narouz

Mittir said:
Until you get your cyproheptadine, you can adopt a low tryptophan diet
with a lot of gelatin and BCAA. This will lower your serotonin.
Vitamin B6 and calcium increases conversion of tryptophan to niacin instead of serotonin.
For allergy RP also recommends pure Benadryl. 90+ percent of serotonin is produced
in gut, a diet free of allergens and irritant and easily digestible foods can lower
serotonin production. CO2/Bag breathing can inhibit serotonin release from platelet.
There are all sorts of RP recommended supplements ,which are easily available that can help.

Mittir, I wish you would talk a little about your BCAA experience.
I've haphazardly followed along with haidut's thread,
so maybe I've missed comments there.
First thing I wonder about is which BCAA product
would be most acceptable to Peat?

Mittir

@narouz

RP strongly recommends gelatin to lower serotonin. But a lot of people have
digestive problem with regular gelatin. It seems to me that RP mentioned BCAA as
a soft recommendation to lower serotonin. It is more important to have low tryptophan diet
with good ratio of amino acids. I have not used BCAA yet. Most brands have problematic ingredients lecithin, sucralose etc. I have seen someone here posting a brand of pure BCAA
recently. You can check old threads on BCAA. I feel really good when i increase my gelatin
intake. I have also noticed that if i add less gelatin to larger amount of liquid, which
results in softer texture is easier to digest. Same goes for bone broth. I think
high viscosity of broth and gummy was causing some digestive issue.
I remember reading a study that showed increased T3 production in low tryptophan diet.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I found some additive free BCAA at Vitamin Shoppe called True Athlete.

jaguar43

embs2001 said:
has anyone tried the solution?

I wonder why they would add b12. For the drowsiness ?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Blossom said:
I found some additive free BCAA at Vitamin Shoppe called True Athlete.

Vitamin Shoppe's own brand of BCAA are also without additives, or at least that's what it says on the label. It just says "gelatin", which I assume is from the capsule.
On a similar note, Vitamin Shoppe now started carrying their own brand of unflavored pure casein without any additives either. Haven't tried it yet but it seems like a good protein option for people who want to supplement extra.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals