Cypro Histamine2-receptor antagonism reduces testosterone and motivation?

dhtsupreme

Can someone tell me at what dose does cypro antagonize the h2 receptors? I'm under the impression Histamine2-receptor antagonists can lower testosterone and reduce motivation. It seems there's a strong focus on dopamine antagonism (D3 receptors) for explaining why lack of motivation is experienced with cypro. But I think Haidut mentioned this only happens in higher doses. Since cypro is first an antihistamine, I think it's through antagonizing h2 receptors a lot of ppl here feel unmotivated and get symptoms resembling higher estrogen/prolactin.

I like trying knew ways to lower serotonin and keep the stress hormones low. Would really like to use it for that but if H2 antagonism does the above at all doses, then I will just stick with metergoline. Would appreciate any help. Thank you!

Last edited:

Gustav3Y

Do you have data that Cyprohetadine has an antagonistic effects on the H2?
This info has no data on H2 in the image below.
Yes D3 is majorly antagonized.
People take it in high doses, nobody takes it in low doses, because no one feels anything from ultra low doses.

Peritol syrup brand was before prescribed mainly to children dosages like
4-6mg 2-6yr olds
8-12 mg 7-14yr old

I have been told directly by the doctors that it was mainly prescribed for 3 reasons
-Make children go to bed and sleep or be less active
-Skinny children to gain fat, mainly anorexic ones
-Allergies before Cetirizine and Loratadine became the standard for that reason

If you read the forum you will see often people say they are demotivated, sleepy and have gained fat on Cypro, no everyone of course.

Cypro.png

OP
D

dhtsupreme

Do you have data that Cyprohetadine has an antagonistic effects on the H2?
This info has no data on H2 in the image below.
Yes D3 is majorly antagonized.
People take it in high doses, nobody takes it in low doses, because no one feels anything from ultra low doses.

Peritol syrup brand was before prescribed mainly to children dosages like
4-6mg 2-6yr olds
8-12 mg 7-14yr old

I have been told directly by the doctors that it was mainly prescribed for 3 reasons
-Make children go to bed and sleep or be less active
-Skinny children to gain fat, mainly anorexic ones
-Allergies before Cetirizine and Loratadine became the standard for that reason

If you read the forum you will see often people say they are demotivated, sleepy and have gained fat on Cypro, no everyone of course.

Cypro.png

In the abstract they report that "Cyproheptadine has especially high affinity for the H2-receptor. It is the most potent H2-antagonist yet reported." This is back in 1978 so there are probably more antihistamines that have a stronger affinity for this receptor but here researchers state it does antagonize them.

Typically I see most take this to reduce serotonin and see the histamine antagonism as a positive. What I'm wondering is if people can also be experiencing lack of motivation from H2 antagonism and if this occurs no matter the dose. I think it was mentioned that low dose cypro at .5mg-1mg would not cause D3 antagonism. Could it still cause significant H2 antagonism?

Histamine has a large role in motivation not only dopamine. The H2 receptor according to area-1255 can increase metabolism through converting TSH into T4 and raise gonadotrophins likely resulting in increased T production. I want to take cypro to lower serotonin and raise metabolism. I don't want antiandrogenic effects nor a significant reduction in motivation over a period of time

Gustav3Y

I think it was mentioned that low dose cypro at .5mg-1mg would not cause D3 antagonism. Could it still cause significant H2 antagonism?
I would like to see proof of that, because that is exactly the dose that does seem to not even have any antihistamine effects on most.
Children, 8-12mg per dose as antihismtaine and adults need 0.5mg? Does that sound right to you?
I am not sure how many antihistamines have affinity for H2 since most trying to antagonize H1, for example Diphenhydramine it is claimed it has none in a canine test.

Last edited:

Gustav3Y

Very interesting info on Diphenhydramine from wiki.

Diphenhydramine was discovered in 1943 by George Rieveschl, a former professor at the University of Cincinnati.[72][73] In 1946, it became the first prescription antihistamine approved by the U.S. FDA.[74]

In the 1960s, diphenhydramine was found to weakly inhibit reuptake of the neurotransmitter serotonin.[64] This discovery led to a search for viable antidepressants with similar structures and fewer side effects, culminating in the invention of fluoxetine (Prozac), a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI).[64][75] A similar search had previously led to the synthesis of the first SSRI, zimelidine, from brompheniramine, also an antihistamine.[76]

I’ve experimented with cypro lots of times with various doses, the longest streak was two months. I doubt that the unmotivated zombie state is due to histamine antagonism mainly, although there’s probably a connection. I had severe allergies since I was little and tried lots of antihistamines. The drowsiness from cypro and other anthistamimes usually goes away with a week, but the zombie state persists even after. Other antihistamines don’t cause this. Best results with cypro I’ve got with low doses - 0,3 mg in the late afternoon and in the morning. That’s the dose which was recommended by Ray if I remember correctly. Cyproheptadine without the dopamine antagonism would the perfect drug.

Johhnyb

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought it was h3 receptor that is involved with dopamine and cAMP (and therefore testosterone)

Rave re-peat

I would like to see proof of that, because that is exactly the dose that does seem to not even have any antihistamine effects on most.
Children, 8-12mg per dose as antihismtaine and adults need 0.5mg? Does that sound right to you?
I am not sure how many antihistamines have affinity for H2 since most trying to antagonize H1, for example Diphenhydramine it is claimed it has none in a canine test.

Haidut himself posted somewhere that cyphroheptadone in doses above 2mg was enough to reach blood levels of 8 nanomol. So above there it starts inhibiting D3. Cant remember exactly Wich thread here tho he wrote about it probably the cyphro thread. Peat recommends very low doses of cyphro. 0.5mg are what haiduts product give you per drop. And he also mentioned unless youre treating something or have a need for high doses. There is no need to go higher than 0,5-2mg. Id say optimal dose it probably like 1mg.

redsun

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought it was h3 receptor that is involved with dopamine and cAMP (and therefore testosterone)

H2 receptor strongly stimulates adenylate cyclase (thus increases cAMP).

H1 receptor increases tyrosine hydroxylase (rate-limiting step in dopamine synthesis).

OP
D

dhtsupreme

If H1 and H2 does that, then it definitely contributes to wakefulness. I just started learning about the functions of histamine the other day and was surprised by what I found. It's responsible for wakefulness, cognition, and metabolism. Just learned now histamine is an appetite suppressant. May be why cypro increases appetite and weight gain.

Understandably, many are attributing it to the D3 antagonism for lack of motivation which is a fair point. Btw does anyone know the functions of the D3 receptor?

Also it seems cypro at .5mg or less is the best choice for starting off. I'll start there. Thanks for the input everyone!

Last edited:
OP
D

dhtsupreme

Btw H3 antagonism raises dopamine, histamine, serotonin, norepinephrine (basically everything minus gaba) etc. It takes the brakes off.

I believe Hans Amato from Men-elite recommended kutaja powder(a herb) because it antagonizes H3 to increase dopamine and histamine. I really want to try it

OP
D

dhtsupreme

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (5).png

Overall I think it's safe. Like a lot of things here that raise metabolism, some sugar with it may be of use. Some people use it with coffee. I might try the powdered form of the herb with coffee and add extra honey. @Gustav3Y

Last edited: