Cypro, 10-methoxy harmalan, Diamant

Brandin

Hi I have two questions, well the last one is kinda like many different questions about the same thing (as you will see)...

1: I have read on the main thread about 10-merhoxy harmalan and saw some mixed opinions and results. Also that the mechanism isnt all clear yet. So I am axing here just in the hopes of some more anectodes: For all of you who took it, How did it feel?

2: Would taking diamant before cypro inhibit its dopamine decreasing and prolactin increasing effects? Is cypros prolactin increasing effects from the dopamine being lowered or are the mechanisms different?

Makrosky

I always have weird psycholigical symptoms if I mix cypro and diamant. Nothing like I would end in a psychiatric ward but quite disturbing. Super strange, dark thoughts and some kind of mild derealization. Happened two times so I won't mix them again.

I prefer Diamant much more than 10MH btw.

golder

Has anyone had success/interesting comments on combining Diamant and 10MH?

OP
Brandin

Brandin

I always have weird psycholigical symptoms if I mix cypro and diamant. Nothing like I would end in a psychiatric ward but quite disturbing. Super strange, dark thoughts and some kind of mild derealization. Happened two times so I won't mix them again.

I prefer Diamant much more than 10MH btw.
Wow that crazy. The advanceness of the serotonin and dopamine system is very interesting...

LuMonty

I've combined cypro and Diamant at different times. I can second Makrosky, I'd have very dark thoughts I'd never have otherwise. Diamant + 10MH is pretty good. For me, I've been using the new Gonadin formulation to prevent dopamine breakdown and used that with Diamant instead. It depends on how much you feel you need the antihistamine action of cypro vs anti-serotonin or pro-dopamine effects.

OP
Brandin

Brandin

I've combined cypro and Diamant at different times. I can second Makrosky, I'd have very dark thoughts I'd never have otherwise. Diamant + 10MH is pretty good. For me, I've been using the new Gonadin formulation to prevent dopamine breakdown and used that with Diamant instead. It depends on how much you feel you need the antihistamine action of cypro vs anti-serotonin or pro-dopamine effects.
I have heard cypro increases prolactin and lowers dopamine slightly is this true? I might try Diamant + 10methoxy harmalan... But I also want to improve my gut and knows cypro can be great for that...

Cloudhands

cypro made me fatter, rounder and bigger boobs literally overnight, and it made my mouth unbelievably dry to the point where i got oral thrush after going down on my girlfriend one time. i know youre asking about mitigating those effects, but i think that unless you have some debilitating need for cypro i wouldnt mess around with it.

LuMonty

I have heard cypro increases prolactin and lowers dopamine slightly is this true? I might try Diamant + 10methoxy harmalan... But I also want to improve my gut and knows cypro can be great for that...
I think the prolactin increase is more so the lowered dopamine. My wife has used cypro a bunch with no change in prolactin, but for me it definitely has a bad effect on weight. I had zombie-like feelings when using cypro as well. My wife can use up to 1.5 mg without any zombie feeling the next day, but I get that effect no matter what. I've always had high prolactin, and it's also hard to pick out which effect is low histamine and which is low dopamine.

As for gut health, if you have irritation and have had issues narrowing down diet or don't have access to a clean diet, cypro is a good trade-off. Getting rid of the irritating foods is better. If you don't have those issues, I'd pick Diamant. Adamantane has anti-viral effects and has improved my digestion the most outside of supplementing thyroid. If I had to choose one, I'd choose Diamant.

If the problem is bad, like guts spazzing out I'd use the cypro short-term because I have more experience with it. I've never had to try 10MH for it. In other words, it depends on what issues you're trying to resolve and how severe.

K

Kayaker

cypro made me fatter, rounder and bigger boobs literally overnight, and it made my mouth unbelievably dry to the point where i got oral thrush after going down on my girlfriend one time. i know youre asking about mitigating those effects, but i think that unless you have some debilitating need for cypro i wouldnt mess around with it.
What dosage?

Cloudhands

Oh. I thought with that much of an effect, you used a whole 4 mg tablet, which is way too much and I was going to suggest 1/8 of a tablet.
i used idealabs cypro drops. i dont want to say that the drops are inherently bad, and my i personally just had a really bad reaction, but given how much anyones reaction is up to chance i dont think its worth using unless you really need it. people tend to be 'recreational' with their expirimentation, especially me :p

K

Kayaker

i used idealabs cypro drops. i dont want to say that the drops are inherently bad, and my i personally just had a really bad reaction, but given how much anyones reaction is up to chance i dont think its worth using unless you really need it. people tend to be 'recreational' with their expirimentation, especially me :p
I use 1/8 or less of a tablet from time to time. It makes me groggy and sleep for a long time, but I end up feeling better later.

OP
Brandin

Brandin

I think the prolactin increase is more so the lowered dopamine. My wife has used cypro a bunch with no change in prolactin, but for me it definitely has a bad effect on weight. I had zombie-like feelings when using cypro as well. My wife can use up to 1.5 mg without any zombie feeling the next day, but I get that effect no matter what. I've always had high prolactin, and it's also hard to pick out which effect is low histamine and which is low dopamine.

As for gut health, if you have irritation and have had issues narrowing down diet or don't have access to a clean diet, cypro is a good trade-off. Getting rid of the irritating foods is better. If you don't have those issues, I'd pick Diamant. Adamantane has anti-viral effects and has improved my digestion the most outside of supplementing thyroid. If I had to choose one, I'd choose Diamant.

If the problem is bad, like guts spazzing out I'd use the cypro short-term because I have more experience with it. I've never had to try 10MH for it. In other words, it depends on what issues you're trying to resolve and how severe.
My prolactin is really low and I think my dopamine is high. Not to the point Diamant wont help. Considering my life goal is to reach unbelievable pleasure and joy then I think its def worth it. Being in a extremely calm state is also part of my goal tho and thats why cypro seemed interestin. Maybe I will experiment with different ratios of Diamant, cypro and 10-methoxy to see what works best... Couldnt selegeline 1 a week and abstaining from cypro this day help reduce the prolactin effects?

I also believe its possible that I got somewhat higher histamine albeit not super high...

LuMonty

My prolactin is really low and I think my dopamine is high. Not to the point Diamant wont help. Considering my life goal is to reach unbelievable pleasure and joy then I think its def worth it. Being in a extremely calm state is also part of my goal tho and thats why cypro seemed interestin. Maybe I will experiment with different ratios of Diamant, cypro and 10-methoxy to see what works best... Couldnt selegeline 1 a week and abstaining from cypro this day help reduce the prolactin effects?

I also believe its possible that I got somewhat higher histamine albeit not super high...
Well if that's your goal I'd say Diamant. As for calmness, I've had success with androsterone, 11-keto-DHT, and progesterone; that's ignoring other effects. If you don't get the zombification from cypro it could help with calmness so if you experiment, good luck. It might just work for you. I actually only just learned about selegeline and have never used it. Personally, I've tried alternating antihistamines and dopaminergics but it never really helped. Making sure histamine wasn't an issue and therefore not needing cypro was better for me, though I understand your reasons for wanting to try cypro are different from that. If you're going to try cypro it's certainly reasonable to only use it as needed and not constantly. So in that way, and if you do use Diamant more regularly, you could find a "sweet spot" if it exists for you. There's no reason you have to constantly use anything if it produces undesirable results.

OP
Brandin

Brandin

EDIT: just realized that what I wrote here wasnt part of this thread. But what I wrote here is something I see potential in...

Im just thinking about the possible potential that can be unlocked from blocking methylene blues serotonergic effects. All the other things methylene blue does will probably be alot more potent and significant. Perhaps the serotonergic effect of high dose methylene blue blocks or inhibits some extreme therapeutic potential. Perhaps blocking the serotonergic effects with cypro could let us utilize methylene blue for amazing benefits?

Cloudhands

EDIT: just realized that what I wrote here wasnt part of this thread. But what I wrote here is something I see potential in...

Im just thinking about the possible potential that can be unlocked from blocking methylene blues serotonergic effects. All the other things methylene blue does will probably be alot more potent and significant. Perhaps the serotonergic effect of high dose methylene blue blocks or inhibits some extreme therapeutic potential. Perhaps blocking the serotonergic effects with cypro could let us utilize methylene blue for amazing benefits?
MB isnt inherently serotonergic, but it does inhibit MAO, but also it inhibits specific MAO and cypro antagonizes specific serotonin receptors. maybe it matches up, maybe it doesnt ?‍♂️

OP
Brandin

Brandin

MB isnt inherently serotonergic, but it does inhibit MAO, but also it inhibits specific MAO and cypro antagonizes specific serotonin receptors. maybe it matches up, maybe it doesnt ?‍♂️
I mean it should. Inhibiting mao would increase serotonins production right? if cypro blocks the serotonin receptor and u take it abit before methylene blue so that cypro has time to bind it should work, right?

Cloudhands

I mean it should. Inhibiting mao would increase serotonins production right? if cypro blocks the serotonin receptor and u take it abit before methylene blue so that cypro has time to bind it should work, right?
the point im making is there are different maoi (a and b) and different serotonin (5ht) receptors that exist in different places. all im saying is that its not safe to assume that the antiserotonin effects from cypro will match up with the same areas that MB inhibits mao. im also not saying that it wont work, but that i wouldnt assume without doing some research first.

OP
Brandin

Brandin

the point im making is there are different maoi (a and b) and different serotonin (5ht) receptors that exist in different places. all im saying is that its not safe to assume that the antiserotonin effects from cypro will match up with the same areas that MB inhibits mao. im also not saying that it wont work, but that i wouldnt assume without doing some research first.
I thought mao a decreases degredation of serotonin, wich binds to all the receptors?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals