Cynoplus Or T3 Only?

OP
P

pretty_wise

dukez07 said:
100mcg per day? That's madness. I do wonder what such a dose would do to me.

I'm a 6ft male, and I'm taking 3mcg, once, every other day. I find that if I take it everyday, it gives me crippling fatigue by day two (despite the positive benefits on day one). When I did first start taking it, I felt the adrenalin type effects, but now, it's all very relaxing. Some days it actually makes me feel quite depressed. I think I have to be very careful with it, as i have a history of depressive illness.

I have a few issues with it. Firstly, I hear about it having varying amounts of the drug in each pill. That's hardly useful when you're supposed to be dosing a very powerful drug precisely.

Secondly, I hear about supplementing with t3 to be potentially anabolic in dosages up to a certain range. Beyond that, the drug becomes catabolic and eats your muscle. I don't think I need that! But not worried about my puny dose :):

Lastly, I do wonder what supplementing with a chemical like this would have on your own endogenous supply. Nothing is for free with the human body. Surely your body would downregulate its own supply of thyroid hormone if it detects levels that are already high?
yes it will downregulate your thyroid, but that's just temporary. Peat said once you stop taking it your thyroid should kick back in after a few days. I know 100mcg sounds like a lot but everyones different. I was very sick when I started treatment, so i'm guessing my body was craving t3 to fix things up. I started out taking 150mcg now down to 100mcg, and I'm willing to bet i'll have to lower that as times goes on.
I can't do the 3-4mcg like Peat suggests because I don't feel ANY benefit. I know Dr.Lowe took 150mcg/day for 25 years without any ill effects, so I'm not too worried about it

I take Cynoplus... 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night. I add Cynomel (T3) in small doses if I need it. I have had hypothyroidism for decades (female, 47 years old). Thyroid dosing is QUITE individual.

SQu

I'm still working it out. So far ( all doses tried are small to tiny)T4 only makes me hypo after 4 days ; a 9:1 combo feels great for a day, good for another 2, then hypo ; T3 makes me shaky and anxious but normal pulse ; and a roughly 2:1 combo is working though only at tiny doses ( about 5 mcg T4, 3 of T3) and scarcely any effect other than no bad ones! Giving it time before I look at any adjustments. Yes, it seems the common theme is individual differences!

superhuman

thebigpeatowski said:
I take Cynoplus... 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night. I add Cynomel (T3) in small doses if I need it. I have had hypothyroidism for decades (female, 47 years old). Thyroid dosing is QUITE individual.

how long have you been doing that dosage and how is it going? temp, pulse, etc etc metabolism in general

OP
P

pretty_wise

I dropped the t4 a week ago and I'm happy to note my hypo symptoms are gone :D T3 only is definitely right for me, at least for now

superhuman said:
thebigpeatowski said:

how long have you been doing that dosage and how is it going? temp, pulse, etc etc metabolism in general

I have been on this dose for nearly a month, I switched over from two grains of Armour (Armour is garbage, in my opinion). My pulse is still lowish, sometimes I get up to 78. Temps are getting better: one day I got to 99.3 for a bit, felt so nice and warm. I usually hover around 98.5 tho. My metabolism is seriously effed up right now...I believe chronic dieting, and especially following a rigorous high-fat/low-carb diet (which included massive amounts of PUFA) for nearly three years has taken a hefty toll.

On a good note tho, my thyroid gland has stopped swelling.

tomisonbottom

thebigpeatowski said:

You say you've had it for decades? Have you been treating it the whole time?

tomisonbottom said:
You say you've had it for decades? Have you been treating it the whole time?

I have been chronically UNDERtreated by various MD's, Endocrinologists and ND's for almost twenty years: first with Synthroid, then Levoxyl and finally Armour. I got really tired of feeling unwell so I have taken matters into my own hands as of January this year ....wished I would have found Peat's writings sooner.

achillea

Just read the book Recovering with T3. Answers a lot of questions and the forward is by Dr. Lowe. Recommended as the guy had quite a journey.

DaveFoster

Same with me! I am taking T3, 12.5 mcg, spread throughout the day. My temps aren't up to normal yet, though. I have tried adding in Cynoplus a few times, and each time I got COLD. Like oral temps around 93-94 F. This happens whether I take it in morning or evening, starts about an hour after I take it. I posted this problem on the forum, viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3587&start=10#p42999
It was suggested that the temp problem might be a thiamine deficiency, so I am taking 600 mg of B1/day but so far, it doesn't appear to help (course, it's only been a couple of days.)
I am thinking of just staying with T3 for now and building up the dose.
When my labs were drawn, I had a low total T3, but normal total T4. I am wondering if the problem is that my body is not making the conversion of T4 to T3, and my tissues are already full of T4 that my liver can't handle, so maybe taking more T4 just stresses the liver more. I am not a biochemist, and this is just speculation on my part. Hope someone with more knowledge will weigh in on this.
T4 can terminate the adrenaline response. That's why Ray recommends T4 before bed time. These things need to be done over many weeks, not a day or two.

DaveFoster

Just read the book Recovering with T3. Answers a lot of questions and the forward is by Dr. Lowe. Recommended as the guy had quite a journey.
Does he recommend T3, and have you had any experiences with T3-only?

HeartGold

No. I think it builds up in my liver and then unloads. I get a really high heart rate and high temps from it. I took it at first with seemingly no problem and maybe I will be able to again one day. For now I'm doing good with just t3.
Hi Blossom! I know you made this comment a long time ago but are you still taking T3? Or any thyroid?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi Blossom! I know you made this comment a long time ago but are you still taking T3? Or any thyroid?
Yes, I’m currently on NDT. I usually don’t need much in the spring and summer but in the fall and winter I take it regularly.

HeartGold

Yes, I’m currently on NDT. I usually don’t need much in the spring and summer but in the fall and winter I take it regularly.
Thank you for letting me know.

Right now I’m on T3 only for the last few weeks and I feel great (average body temperature is 36.9) although I often have cold hands and feet from rising Adrenalin/Cortisol. I split my dose 3-5mcg every few hours.

I tried NDT but it gives heart palpitations and builds up to much. It seems that thyroid supplementation shuts down my own production.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals