Cynoplus Or T3 Only?

pretty_wise

how many of you with thyroid issues ( I have hashi's) take t3 only, or do you add some cynoplus? I was on cynomel only for a few months and doing greaaat, I now added some cynoplus and feel okay but my hands are freezing! Hair loss is about the same so far. Peat is okay with t3 only right?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I take t3 only right now. I think it is individual.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
No. I think it builds up in my liver and then unloads. I get a really high heart rate and high temps from it. I took it at first with seemingly no problem and maybe I will be able to again one day. For now I'm doing good with just t3.

Mittir

I do not think RP recommends regular large dose of T3 only. When he experimented
with large dose T3, he was skipping heart beat when he missed a dose.
He mentioned T4 to T3 ratio of dosing can be between 4:1 to 2:1, depending
on individual. He also mentioned that you need a healthy liver to convert T4 to T3.
Here is a link to RP quotes on thyroid dosing.
http://peatarian.com/peatexchanges#thyroid_hormone

Blossom

Forum Supporter
dukez07 said:
How much t3 do you take?
I take 12.5mcg spread through out the day. That's just me. I consulted with a Peat practitioner who suggested I do this for now due to the above issues.

OP
P

pretty_wise

Blossom said:
dukez07 said:
How much t3 do you take?
I take 12.5mcg spread through out the day. That's just me. I consulted with a Peat practitioner who suggested I do this for now due to the above issues.
wow that's it? Were you hypothyroid before taking it?

OP
P

pretty_wise

i'm now pretty tired and brain fogged since taking cynoplus, i think i'll stick with just t3 as well. I do take waaay more than 12.5mcg though, i'm closer to 100mcg

Blossom

Forum Supporter
pretty_wise said:
i'm now pretty tired and brain fogged since taking cynoplus, i think i'll stick with just t3 as well. I do take waaay more than 12.5mcg though, i'm closer to 100mcg
I don't consider hypothyroidism as my main issue although I do believe my thyroid function is impaired. I have taken up to 18mcg in one day. I kind of go by how I feel honestly. I do think all of our situations are a bit unique and we must experiment with what works for us. I have tried adding back very small amounts of cynoplus but so far it just ends up causing me the same issue after a few days.

Lin

Same with me! I am taking T3, 12.5 mcg, spread throughout the day. My temps aren't up to normal yet, though. I have tried adding in Cynoplus a few times, and each time I got COLD. Like oral temps around 93-94 F. This happens whether I take it in morning or evening, starts about an hour after I take it. I posted this problem on the forum, viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3587&start=10#p42999
It was suggested that the temp problem might be a thiamine deficiency, so I am taking 600 mg of B1/day but so far, it doesn't appear to help (course, it's only been a couple of days.)
I am thinking of just staying with T3 for now and building up the dose.
When my labs were drawn, I had a low total T3, but normal total T4. I am wondering if the problem is that my body is not making the conversion of T4 to T3, and my tissues are already full of T4 that my liver can't handle, so maybe taking more T4 just stresses the liver more. I am not a biochemist, and this is just speculation on my part. Hope someone with more knowledge will weigh in on this.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Lin said:
Same with me! I am taking T3, 12.5 mcg, spread throughout the day. My temps aren't up to normal yet, though. I have tried adding in Cynoplus a few times, and each time I got COLD. Like oral temps around 93-94 F. This happens whether I take it in morning or evening, starts about an hour after I take it. I posted this problem on the forum, viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3587&start=10#p42999
It was suggested that the temp problem might be a thiamine deficiency, so I am taking 600 mg of B1/day but so far, it doesn't appear to help (course, it's only been a couple of days.)
I am thinking of just staying with T3 for now and building up the dose.
When my labs were drawn, I had a low total T3, but normal total T4. I am wondering if the problem is that my body is not making the conversion of T4 to T3, and my tissues are already full of T4 that my liver can't handle, so maybe taking more T4 just stresses the liver more. I am not a biochemist, and this is just speculation on my part. Hope someone with more knowledge will weigh in on this.
It's always good to.hear of someone in a similar boat even when you don't have all the answers! I just like being able to share experiences. As I started healing more I just couldn't seem to handle the cynoplus. I'll eventually figure it out. I'm just happy to be where I'm at today.

OP
P

pretty_wise

the only reason i added t4 was because i read its essential for hair growth. My hair started falling out after a while on t3 only. I'm probably going to take t4 again tonight (like Peat suggests) and if I feel hypo tomorrow i'll have to stop taking it. The only thing that sucks about t4 is that it stays in your system for 2 weeks! So that could be 2 weeks of feeling hypoT

Lin

Oh, pretty_wise, that does suck. So, hair falling out is from taking T3 only?
I wonder if people taking glandular thyroid have these problems?

OP
P

pretty_wise

Lin said:
i'm not sure if t3 only CAUSES hair loss, but it does lower t4, which would make sense if it did contribute to it. I'm a long haired man so the last thing i want to do is have to shave it. How long have you been on t3 only, and is your hair shedding?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
pretty_wise said:
Lin said:
i'm not sure if t3 only CAUSES hair loss, but it does lower t4, which would make sense if it did contribute to it. I'm a long haired man so the last thing i want to do is have to shave it. How long have you been on t3 only, and is your hair shedding?
Have you checked your prolactin?

OP
P

pretty_wise

Blossom said:
pretty_wise said:
Lin said:
it was a bit high, trying to lower it with aspirin and vitamin e.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
pretty_wise said:
Blossom said:
pretty_wise said:
Lin said:
That's sound good. If it's any consolation I have stopped the hair loss on this approach. My thyroid isn't perfect yet but my hair loss stopped within a couple months.

OP
P

pretty_wise

Blossom said:
pretty_wise said:
Blossom said:
pretty_wise said:
Lin said:
That's sound good. If it's any consolation I have stopped the hair loss on this approach. My thyroid isn't perfect yet but my hair loss stopped within a couple months.
it stopped on t3 only? That's comforting to hear :D

dukez07

100mcg per day? That's madness. I do wonder what such a dose would do to me.

I'm a 6ft male, and I'm taking 3mcg, once, every other day. I find that if I take it everyday, it gives me crippling fatigue by day two (despite the positive benefits on day one). When I did first start taking it, I felt the adrenalin type effects, but now, it's all very relaxing. Some days it actually makes me feel quite depressed. I think I have to be very careful with it, as i have a history of depressive illness.

I have a few issues with it. Firstly, I hear about it having varying amounts of the drug in each pill. That's hardly useful when you're supposed to be dosing a very powerful drug precisely.

Secondly, I hear about supplementing with t3 to be potentially anabolic in dosages up to a certain range. Beyond that, the drug becomes catabolic and eats your muscle. I don't think I need that! But not worried about my puny dose :):

Lastly, I do wonder what supplementing with a chemical like this would have on your own endogenous supply. Nothing is for free with the human body. Surely your body would downregulate its own supply of thyroid hormone if it detects levels that are already high?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals